1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

guys who might surprise

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Feb 22, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +69 / 10 / -2
    Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech

Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina

Edwin Baker RB Michigan State

Tank Carder OLB TCU
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Add Micah Pellerin of Hampton. May end up undrafted but he's got the tools to be a good cb.
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +69 / 10 / -2
    thanks man, i totally over looked him when i was going through my list of players, i give credit to you for spotting him. Post a highlight video of him and add him to the list so u get the cred
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    No highlight vids that I've seen .... I've gone to a couple of Hampton games each year for the past several years. He's a stout kid, hard worker, runs & tracks the ball well. There are some technique issues (who doesn't have those coming out of college, particularly a small school?) but he's very coachable. Good hips but needs to work on balance in his back-pedal. He'll run a mid 4.4 but plays faster with good anticipation.

Here's an interview.

Don't care about the cred but thanks. :)
  5. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 3 / -0
    Andre Branch
    #2 Alameda Ta'amu from Washington
  6. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +69 / 10 / -2
    Stephen hill is 6ft4 weighs 215 and ran a 4.3 40 dash, can we please draft him
  7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    I think he really improved his stock as a solid round 2 pick now..

Tommy Streeter and AJ Jenkins impressed me today as well..

I hope we draft Ladarius Green, he has good hands and is a decent blocker too. Louisiana-Lafayette didn't have a solid QB and I think Rivers can mold this kid into a Gates.. Green's basically a WR, so we don't need him to be a blocking TE we have McMichael for that.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    Chris Rainey, LaMichael James, and Ronnie Hillman are the only RB's I see in this draft class fitting our needs at RB. We need a guy who can take a few carries but also have that change of speed and catch the ball out of the backfield primarily..
  9. DDFBOLT83

DDFBOLT83 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would like to see james in the fold imo
  10. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    And also need a solid back up to Mathews and Tolbert who constantly get nicked up.. So spending a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th rounder on a RB to me is important.. Phillip needs another Sproles like weapon out of the backfield.. he's done exceptionally well with one and you take that away from him and he struggled without him this year
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    This is one of those years where its good to be RB needy. Unlike the year we drafted RM where there were at best a handfull of decent RBs, there are as many as 13 guys I could see going in the first 3 rounds this year....and only 1 is probably going to be a 1st round pick (Richardson).

I haven't done much study of the RBs projected to go higher than the 3rd, but I'm going to start looking into Doug Martin and David Wilson. Both would be very capable of spelling RM should he get hurt, or just taking some carries away to ease up on the wear and tear without sacrificing big play ability like we do with Tolbert.