1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Has anyone seen what they would call a 'ghost'?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I know this is silly but I got to see if anyone else has seen anything like this...

Short story long:
    My wife and I had been maried for just a few years and my first son was due to be born. So we decided that apartment living was out. We went and found a house off of Garden Road in Poway and began renting.

After being there a few moths, I woke up one night and saw red eyes on the wall. I thought it was a dream or my imagination. But I swore they blinked. Heck, tired eyes play tricks right, right? So I must have imagined or dreamt it.

Eventyally I went back to sleep. Some time later I saw them again on a different night. I got my courage up and went to see what they were, figuring that it was reflected light. I put my hand up to the wall behind the dresser and the wall was ice cold. Further the eyes blinked, and 'turned' away from me.

I was scared shitless. I went back to bed and didnt sleep the rest of the night. I saw them one or two other times, each time I was scared and bothered. One night, at the sliding galss door which was just beyone the foot of our bed I saw an outline of a man there. I couldnt move, in fact I remember I tried and could only growl.

Well I am very creative, and figured I imagined it all.

A few weeks ago my nephew came down for a visit and he said this to me.

"I never liked your house in Poway because of those eyes."

I was shocked and asked "What eyes?"

He replied "The red eyes, they scared me when I stayed with you, I saw them every night." Instant goose bumps.

I was floored. He saw them in the same house. Then my wife tells me she saw them as well. Not only that but she saw an outline of a man in the door at the foot of the bed.

Now I am not making this up, it scares me to this day. My mom, who lived with us at the time even has said now that she saw eyes in that house and never 'felt' comfortable there.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen?
  2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    :icon_eek: Now how am I supposed to go to sleep??? :icon_eek:
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Just stay up all night. ;)
  4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Wouldn't be the first time...:) My natural circadian cycle keeps me up until 2 or 3 anyway...

Geez Conc! That is scary! :icon_eek: You should make it into a movie! :icon_eek: Post the scary stuff in the MORNING! :icon_wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    The scary part is it is all true.

Who knows though, maybe there was some goold mold in that house...:icon_shrug:
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    That is fugging nuts CONC. I literally got chills reading that, and I tend to be a skeptic. So first of all mad props for telling a good ghost story!

I've never seen or experienced anything even close to that. When I was in high school I got busted for pot (in ultra conservative Fairfax, Virginia) and had to do like a six month "treatment" program. So the counselor was an older Jamaican lady. Now, mind you, carribean island culture is permeated with superstition and ritualized interactions with the dead. But I remember one day some guy in the group told a "ghost story" and she said that tradition in the islands is that some people have "the eyes" for the supernatural. I don't know why, but that always stuck with me. I am of the opinion that, for whatever confluence of circumstances I'm essencially blind to the "supernatural" realm. Perhaps you and your family have a greater perception of "the other side."

That being said, the fact that pretty much everyone you brought into your house had some sorta of ghostly experiences is freakin' crazy! I would almost consider it cool to experience something like that for about five seconds and then I would promptly want to leave and never come back.

Is it safe to assume by your use of the past tense that you got the fugg out of there?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    We moved out after about 14 month. Glad we did some freaky things happened in that house.
  8. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Have I seen one, NO, did I have weird stuff happen YES!!! You know things disappearing and then reappearing, sitting on the couch and for no reason get the chills and goosebumps.

But I think I have an answer for the "outline" of a man you saw, maybe the UPS guy thought you were away??:icon_shrug:

:icon_rofl:
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    My Aunt was killed in a Car crash on US 395 South. When I got the phone call from my mom, I asked her if she needed me, or wait for the funeral. She told me she was okay, and that I only needed to come up for the funeral.

As I was heading up north for the funeral,3 days later, I came upon a spot in the road, I got the heebie geebies so bad, and a sensation ran up my spine, I had to pull over, I shut my Dodge van off, and I sat there off the side of the road and smoked a cigarette.

After 15 minutes, I continued up the road, and 2 hour’s later, I was at my mom’s House.

I asked her where Sharon was killed, and she asked me why.

I explained to her in detail the exact spot where I had that sensation run up my spine.

I was able to explain to her in detail the exact spot where Sharon was killed.
  10. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    I saw dead people this morning.......then I made a pot of coffee and they came to life. :lol:

Garden Road has quite a history of freaky stuff. I have had many a strange and unexplained thing happen there. My horse would always freak out at dusk when I would ride there. It would start if I rode past the elementary school towards Sycamore Canyon. Nowhere else in Poway would the horse trip out at night.

Props on the spooky stuff. :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I have soooooo many ghost stories, but will not post them.

I'll go easy on you all. This one is kind of like Conc's story in that it involves a haunted house.

It was the home of a family member. I never liked staying there because "someone" would walk around the first level at night---bare foot, then s/he would start opening and closing cabinets and drawers in the kitchen... Sometimes there was more than one... Based on the sounds of the footsteps... a man and a woman.) They would usually top off their night by making a pot of coffee... No this never really happened... just the smell of their coffee.

Many years later my mother and I were conversing about the house and why we didn't like staying there. She mentioned something about the ghosts and their damn coffee.

There you have it... :lol: It's so funny that these comparisons get made many years later because most people keep their experiences to themselves for fear of getting laughed at, or told that s/he just imagined it...
  12. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Hey I wouldnt mind a ghost who could have a pot of coffee ready for me in the morning. That is a good spirit!
  13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was due to all those experimental drugs. :lol:
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Have any of you had a spook follow you home from a haunted house???? Let me know if you want the story.... :icon_tease:

Maybe we should make this a midnight ghost story thread... :icon_mrgreen:
  15. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Post it. This can be the ghost story thread.:tup:
  16. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Carrie, I wanna hear it :tup: :tup:
  17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Me too :yes:
  18. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I know on the evening my brother died, my wife said she woke up in the middle of the night and my brother was standing at the foot of our bed looking at me.

When I first heard this I was pissed big time, because I didnt get to say goodbye.

Was it a dream? I dont know, but maybe my brother said goodbye to me, and I should be happy for that.
  19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I fear that Thumper will "kill" me if he logs on and reads my ghost stories... :lol: Oh well. :icon_shrug:

This story takes place in SLC about 14-15 years ago.

My son was about seven years old and was begging me to take him to the scariest haunted house in Utah. This particular house had a long scary history. After much discussion back and forth about how it wouldn't be appropriate to take a seven year old to a haunted house, I agreed to make the drive.

Long story short, we pulled into the parking lot of the haunted house and my son was paralyzed with fear. I knew then that we would never get out of the car. I was very patient with my son... I let him sit there in the car for about a half an hour before he decided that the haunted house really was going to be a no go.

Upon returning home, I entered the house and immediately my dog started having a FIT... He was barking like mad at the area just above my right shoulder. Hair raised, ready to attack.

I stood there thinking... What the Hell did I just bring home? With that my dog's eyes followed up the stairs, down the hall, and towards my closed bedroom door. He stopped at the door and barked continuously.

I opened the bedroom door to let the dog in and he ran all the way to the opposite corner of the room and continued the barking... I felt the presence of the spirit and that s/he was confused and scared. :(

I called my mother... told her the story and she asked if I had "holy water" I happened to have 4 ounces of blessed "holy water" on my night stand because my mom was constantly bringing this over to us.... She is "very Catholic" I also knew that this particular cup of holy water had been blessed by an exorcist (There are few true exorcists around)

Rather than sprinkling the holy water in the direction of the corner of the room like my mom told me to, I opened it and tossed all of the water in that direction.... The wall was wet but my dog immediately stopped barking and returned to his normal self.

Needless to say my son witnessed this whole thing and his haunted house days were over until he becamse a teenager... :lol: :lol: :lol:
  20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,445 / 19 / -4
    used to be a couple of ghost stories throughout UCI, fun stuff, and I thought I saw one.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Of course he did..:yes:
  22. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Anyone else have some ghost stories?

C'mon lets hear them.

Bud Daddy O, I really dont want to hear about the aliens abducting you and 'probin' you repeatedly, then making you slow dance with them before exploring all the chapters of the Karma Sutra.
  23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I have more stories but will save them for some late night fun with you guys... :icon_mrgreen:
  24. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Stop hittin on us or Thumps will put us on invisible ban!:icon_evil:
  25. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I just can't control myself. :icon_mrgreen:
  26. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Very spooky!
  27. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    If anyone else has any stories, please post them. I am really interested in how many people experience this type stuff.
  28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    This is a topic I have not discussed with many people at all. I am very skeptical about this kind of **** and have always needed proof.....that is until I witnessed some freaky **** of my own.

I have several stories going back to when I was a wee lad and up to adulthood.

I am not real comfortable talking about this kind of stuff because I have seen things before they have happened and have seen and heard things which made my asss pucker up.

When my dad was in Vietnam, a man dressed in one of my shirts was standing next to my bed at night. I was in the 4th grade or so. I bit my lip to make sure I was awake and not dreaming. I drew blood I bit so hard on my lip. The man raised his arms up like a zombie and looked me in the eyes and then slowly walked out of my room and into the hallway bathroom which was just outside my bedroom. I know I was freaking awake and I was **** scared. As soon as he left my room, I bolted to my moms room and screamed we had an intruder in the house. Mom grabbed her loaded .380 Beretta and searched the house. Everything was locked and nobody was in the house. Mom said I was dreaming and I was not dreaming. I know what I saw.

Another event was when the space shuttle Colombia blew up. I knew the shuttle was going to explode because I was in it and saw the fireball in a dream. I have never had a dream like that in my life and the first thing I saw on TV that morning was the shuttle blowing up. I felt guilty (as dumb as that sounds) because some part of me said you should have done something. This may not seem like much but I have more. It was just a dream was my reasoning so I let it go.

When my grandmother died, I was talking to myself and challenging my recently departed grandmother to make a wreath which was hanging on the wall to fly across the room. I know it sounds silly but I actually was mentally challenging granny to let me know there is an after-life. I was watching the wreath like a hawk and then suddenly, the SOB fell off the wall. It did not fly, it just fell off the wall straight down. What are the chances of that happening ? Pretty slim. The string which held the wreath up just snapped. I just about **** myself. This was about 10 years ago. This was the only challenge I posed to granny. I had never seen this wreath just fall as it had been hanging there for years. That was some freaky ****.

Another event happened in a bar in Pine Valley. I used to live there. The bar had a history of being haunted. Late one night I was closing down the place and the bar tender and I heard a "noise". There are some double pivot saloon doors which made a very distinctive creaking sound when opened. It was the only thing in the bar which made this creaking type noise....very very distinctive type noise.
    It is around 2 AM and we hear the noise of the doors as though someone had opened them and the doors were not moving but we could hear the sound. We were the only two people there and there was no wind. At that point, we both got the fuc outta there.

Yeah this stuff is creepy. It seems that extreme emotional situations makes me more sensitized to that freaky ****.
  29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,445 / 19 / -4
    UCI has two ghost legends; I remember one right now, when I remember the other I'll be sure to post it here

The first is not really ON campus but slight off campus. University road runs along the northern edge of UCI, Jamboree Road is a major road in Irvine that runs parallel to it, between University and Jamboree there's a stretch of Campus road that goes through a preserved wildlife area run by UCI for birds animals and the like. Lot of people have alot of names for it, I always used to call it "The Cut" because it was winding dark road and always had fog running through it (ESPECIALLY late at night) and reminded me of a racing course. The fog made it INCREDIBLY spooky and more times hten not, on clear Irvine nights, you couldn't see more then 5 feet in front of yourself on that one stretch of road.

There was a story about a woman, a UCI student, who's car broke down on the cut, she got attacked and raped badly by some guys who saw her fixing her car on the side of the Cut, and she was left for dead. Irvine police discovered her the next day and since then its said you'd see a blonde woman in your car as your driving along that road. And I saw her in my backseat as I was driving alone back to UCI. Saw her in the back and nearly drove into the Wildlife Area before i turned hard to avoid it. By the time I looked back she was gone.

I don't really believe in ghosts or spirits, I do believe there's more then we can understand in this world, but I was SHIVERING the entire drive back to the dorm. Almost never have been so shaken up in my life.
  30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    ANT you really must be the Romeo type... She actually got in your car and was waiting for you in the back seat.... :yes: