1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Haslam gone

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, May 21, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Why doesn't Haslam deserve his own thread? Are we inundated with football news to discuss in this long off season that we can turn our noses up when a player is cut? Also how is the argument about the level of his play pointless? We discuss other players who are cut... If you do not wish to participate, don't click on the link...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    Ok, so I'll go ahead and start a write up on guys like Damik Scafe, Phillip Dillard, and Cornellius Brown for if and when they get cut. That way, I'll be one step ahead and we can talk about how these guys who no longer fit with the team, may have or may not have been good players.

My point is Haslam is a JAG. No tears were or should be shed that he no longer is with the team. The fact that it is being discussed and continued to be discussed is foolish IMO. It's different if this was a Takeo Spikes, Randy McMichael, or at least a surprised cut where you were thinking "Wow I didn't see that coming". It was a guy who when desperation hit, was called up from the practice squad after being claimed off of waivers because he was released from the Raiders who claimed him off of waivers the year before because he was released from the Jaguars who signed him as an UDFA. My point is he's the Patriots problem now, and once he is released from their team their fans can write a thread about how he may have been a good player or not.
  3. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Cool, when can we expect this from you. Please have it reviewed for spelling and grammar prior to publishing.

So what. Listen to yourself a moment wont you. "The fact that it is being discussed and continued to be discussed is foolish IMO." The fact that Blue posted an article with Charger news and others had something to say about it is foolish to you. Big deal. He is on another team, I wont shed any tears, but if you stop and consider the sorry shape of the OL you might be able to work out why people are discussing this. That is unless you believe that the OL is in good shape and we have nothing to ponder with any moves made in and among that unit. Many good players are claimed off of waivers every year. Being on waivers does not make someone a bad player. Sometimes players do not fit the system one team plays and finds they are productive on another.

If this is such a foolish endeavor why are you still posting in this thread? Do you need the satisfaction of telling everyone how foolish it is to discuss Chargers moves on a Chargers fan site. There is something very foolish in that scenario my friend. Believe me, been there done that.
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I keep coming back because it say I have 1 new alert, I'm not saying the people who are posting on this, or that even Blue who posted this thread in the first place are foolish or stupid, that's not what I am suggesting at all. Listen to what your saying

Now listen to what I am saying. This guy, has been cut 3 different times in a matter of 3 years, all from teams who are very desperate for any type of help on the O line. That tells me either he doesn't have what it takes, or they feel other guys on the team are just as good or better. Or maybe he is a slacker, a jerk, maybe he burps and doesn't say excuse me or something else. I don't know, you don't know, no one will ever really know. Why? the truth is, he just isn't important enough to report why he was cut. Like many players who are expendable, they are here one day and gone the next and it's left at that no explanation. those guys are often claimed off waivers by other teams and used such as camp bodies or desperation fillers. Yes many "Good players" are cut too, more so for financial reasons or injuries, I just find it difficult to believe that Haslam was in that category.

And no I'm not one of those people who get off by saying I told you so, or nany nany boo boo. I like many others here just enjoy a good debate, but one that's worth an argument is better than one that isn't
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    But saying nany nany boo boo is the forum pass time... SMH ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    We'll leave it at this;

Here is a tribute to Kevin Haslam to remember all the good things he has done in his NFL career

7. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    How could we cut that! OMG!!!! I quit!
  8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    C'mon...what's wrong with the OL?
  9. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I'm just a nay sayer... "Nay, nay, nay, nay NAY!"
  10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,756 / 47 / -26
    So.......... any news with Haslam? ;)
  11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    I hear there's a spot open at safety...
  12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    I am sure the Broncos will pick him up.
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Depends, does Haslam go for the big contract $$$ or the chance at winning a Super Bowl?
  14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    The Broncos apparently have unlimited income, and the roster space to sign anyone. I imagine that he will get both. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    If he was a good player while making league min, he wouldn't have been cut. It is as simple as 2+2=4
  16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for dropping some wisdom on me. It's clear that you are very smart.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 44 / -6
    He's lost????