1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hate to sound naive but............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +658 / 17 / -2
    With 7 teams finishing 8-8 how did we get the short end of the stick with the 18th pick?
  2. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 4 / -1
    The tie breaker after the record goes to strength of schedule. The easier you're schedule is with the same record, the better the draft pick is. We had the best SOS of the group, which kinda sucks...
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    I was praying that we'd lose to Oakland. We would've been picking at 11 this year. The total value in draft picks that we lost by winning that meaningless game was the equivalent of the 10th pick in the second round (478.1 points across all rounds). Brutal. Minnesota didn't even have that much of a swing going from 2nd to 3rd.
  4. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 4 / -1
    No, we would've picked 13th. KC and Seattle both had easier SOS's than us, so we would've been tied with them in record and lost the tiebreaker.
  5. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 1 / -0
    But if we lost we would be 7-9 and be ahead of all the 8-8 teams. I think that is what he was saying.
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +625 / 39 / -9
    I hadn't figured out the SoS when I posted that, so we would, indeed therefore only have moved up to 13 from 18, which probably moves our "free" second round pick back 5-6 slots.
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +658 / 17 / -2
    Thanks guys, I was always a firm believer of in you're not going to the playoffs tank the season, once we lost to Detroit we should have just lost to Oakland. like take Indy for example, the minute they were 0-9 would it really matter if they won a game or not?