1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hey Oakland, How do you like us now!!

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by wrbanwal, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +962 / 2 / -2
    ...and YOU get to watch it on TV and shake your little digital weenie. Have fun there Fadanation84...
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    wow, talk about preaching to the choir, who did you beat?
  3. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    wow................

You know what, good people are getting killed in Iraq, and you are here. Why dont you volunteer, join the Marines, and get your *** over to Iraq!

You can save the life of a another "GOOD" person!

You are a waste of skin!

OOHHH!!!!!!!!

The Raiders have the same ticket policy!
  4. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please translate whatever message Raider Nation is trying to convey into something that I might better be able to understand, like Yiddish or that Bushman clicking language? As it stands, I have no idea whether Raider Nation is seriously claiming that we have no reason to be fearful about the criminally violent trends in our society today and over the past ten to fifteen years or if it's simply the case that letting it equip the most pompous vermin you'll ever see with flame throwers, hand grenades, and heat-seeking missiles is a recipe for disaster. To address this in a pedantic manner, in the rest of this letter, factual information will be prefaced as such and my own opinions will be clearly stated as opinions. For instance, it is a fact that if it doesn't like it here, then perhaps it should go elsewhere. You should not ask, "What exactly is the principle that rationalizes Raider Nation's picayunish conclusions?", but rather, "What is this capricious fascination Raider Nation has with ageism?". The latter question is the better one to ask, because the really interesting thing about all this is not that Raider Nation considers it fair game to put political correctness ahead of scientific rigor. The interesting thing is that even its co-conspirators are afraid that it will turn once-flourishing neighborhoods into zones of violence, decay, and moral disregard in a matter of days. I, for one, have seen their fear manifested over and over again, and it is further evidence that Raider Nation would not hesitate to pursue a foolish agenda under the guise of false concern for the environment, poverty, civil rights, or whatever if it felt it could benefit from doing so.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PowderLove

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps Raider Nation has some sound arguments on its side, but if so, it's keeping them well hidden; all the arguments I've heard from it are thoroughly oleaginous. Raider Nation's most stentorian tactic is to fabricate a phony war between slimy good-for-nothings and the worst kinds of sleazy stool pigeons there are. This way, it can subjugate both groups into helping it rip off everyone and his brother. I unmistakably don't want that to happen, which is why I'm telling you that by Raider Nation's standards, if you have morals, believe that character counts, and actually raise your own children -- let alone teach them to be morally fit -- you're definitely an insipid caitiff. My standards -- and I suspect yours as well -- are quite different from its. For instance, I, hardheaded cynic that I am, feel that Raider Nation claims that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding. I respond that its ideologies are so nebulous and malleable that they can be used to justify any caustic activities. While perhaps offensive to some readers, only a direct quote can fully convey the self-pitying nature and content of Raider Nation's homilies: "Attention, thralls! Your orders are to spread wrongheaded views, and to do so at any cost." We should use our words to create understanding and progress, not hatred and division, and deep down in our bones, we all know why. I believe it was Hegel who said, "It is the height of arrogance and untruthfulness for it to imply that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of 'insiders'". There's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I suspect, there's a time to show Raider Nation how it is as wrong as wrong can be. Or, to put it less poetically, if Raider Nation thinks that the Earth is flat, then it's sadly mistaken.
  6. PowderLove

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. Raider Nation would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being brutal. I don't mean to imply that nit-picky hostes generis humani simply pass through this world sowing the seeds of evil, but it's true, nonetheless. Raider Nation is trying to brainwash us. It wants us to believe that it's noisome to listen to others; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that I see how important Raider Nation's dim-witted ethics are to its attendants and I laugh. I laugh because its argument that without its superior guidance, we will go nowhere is hopelessly flawed and utterly circuitous. Finally, any one of the points I made in this letter could be turned into a complete research paper, but the conclusion of each would be the same: Raider Nation obsesses not with what it can do for this country but with what it can extract from it.
  7. PowderLove

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Unless you want to accumulate a long list of examples of Raider Nation's acts of corruption and depredation, this letter may become a bit monotonous. However, I unequivocally do hope you read it all the way through because the quest to pass off all sorts of raving and obviously dangerous stuff on others as a so-called "inner experience" is the true inner kernel of Raider Nation's philosophy, insofar as this figment of an inerudite brain can be designated a philosophy. I will start this discussion by arguing that Raider Nation's prognoses have very little thought behind them and are neither interesting nor amusing. Then, I will present evidence that ignorance is bliss. This may be why Raider Nation's functionaries are generally all smiles. It's not easy for me to say this, but I am sick to my stomach of Raider Nation's pettiness and simple ignorance. There, I said it. Now I can continue with my previous point, which is that Raider Nation insists that sin is good for the soul. Sorry, Raider Nation, but, with apologies to Gershwin, "it ain't necessarily so."
    It has been revealed that Raider Nation plans to make people suspicious of those who speak the truth. First reaction yields that it maintains control over its helots using intense peer pressure, manipulation of their guilt feelings, attacks on their sexuality, and fear. A little more thought leads to the more accurate conclusion that when Raider Nation says that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all utterly justified, that's just a load of spucatum tauri.
    Raider Nation drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes it sound smarter than it really is and obscures the fact that the irony is that Raider Nation's most perverted ballyhoos are also its most peremptory. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent." Raider Nation's vassals are merely ciphers. Raider Nation is the one who decides whether or not to cure the evil of discrimination with more discrimination. Raider Nation is the one who gives out the orders to lay the foundation for some serious mischief. And Raider Nation is the one trying to conceal how it says it is within its legal right to interfere with the most important principles of democracy. Whether or not it indeed has such a right, if Raider Nation is going to make an emotional appeal, then it should also include a rational argument. Raider Nation believes that it acts in the name of equality and social justice. That's just wrong. It further believes that newspapers should report only on items it agrees with. Wrong again!
    In a previous letter, I announced my intention to unmask Raider Nation's true face and intentions in regard to antinomianism. Naturally, this announcement caused Raider Nation to mutter abuses befitting its character. Incidents like that truly demonstrate how it's truly astounding that it has found a way to work the words "counterrevolutionary" and "heterochromatization" into its précis. However, you may find it even more astounding that its traducements have caused widespread social alienation, and from this alienation a thousand social pathologies have sprung. Raider Nation may unwittingly persecute the innocent and let the guilty go unpunished. I say unwittingly because it is apparently unaware that it operates under the influence of a particular ideology: a set of beliefs based on the root metaphor of the transmission of forces. Until you understand this root metaphor you won't be able to grasp why Raider Nation claims that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive. I insist that the absurdities within that claim speak for themselves, although I should add that I shall not argue that Raider Nation's newsgroup postings are an authentic map of its plan to impose a "glass ceiling" that limits our opportunities for promotions in most jobs. Read them and see for yourself.
    All I can tell you is what matters to me: My position is that Raider Nation's assertion that its orations are our final line of defense against tyrrany serves only to illustrate its ignorance and poorly hidden bigotry. Raider Nation, in contrast, argues that all literature which opposes resistentialism was forged by salacious, aberrent hell-raisers. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Raider Nation. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for it to admit that it will probably never understand why it scares me so much. And Raider Nation does scare me: Its credos are scary, its methods of interpretation are scary, and most of all, that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. On that note, let me say that if Raider Nation feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself. Let me carry my thoughts on this subject a bit further. Raider Nation should think about how its asseverations lead the most ignorant duffers you'll ever see to fragment the nation into politically disharmonious units. If Raider Nation doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps it should just keep quiet.
    Raider Nation has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and take us all on a completely reckless ride into the unknown -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. It would stand to reason that Raider Nation's hangers-on often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.
    Worse yet, Raider Nation wants to impact public policy for years to come. We should not concern ourselves with Raider Nation's putative virtue or vice. Rather, we should concern ourselves with our own welfare and with the fact that I've never bothered Raider Nation. Yet Raider Nation wants to introduce, cultivate, and encourage moral rot. Whatever happened to "live and let live"? I myself can't possibly believe Raider Nation's claim that it is always being misrepresented and/or persecuted. If someone can convince me otherwise, I'll eat my hat. Heck, I'll eat a whole closetful of hats. That's a pretty safe bet because like a verbal magician, Raider Nation knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. Now is the time to redefine the rhetoric and make room for meaningful discussion. How does Raider Nation deal with this fascinating piece of information? It absolutely ignores it.
    But I digress. By allowing Raider Nation to prevent me from sleeping soundly at night, we are allowing it to play puppet master. The question that's on everyone's mind is, "Do birdbrained renegades like Raider Nation's underlings actually have lives, or do they exist solely to break down the industrial-technological system?" My best guess, for what it may be worth, is based on two key observations. The first observation is that none of what Raider Nation says carries any weight. The second, more telling, observation is that some reputed -- as opposed to reputable -- members of its polity quite adamantly think that barbarism is the only alternative to frotteurism. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could aver such a thing, but then again, you should not ask, "How will Raider Nation's comrades react when they discover that Raider Nation wants to hasten the destruction of our civilization?", but rather, "What demons possessed it to grasp at straws, trying to find increasingly hotheaded ways to incite racial hatred?". The latter question is the better one to ask, because its politics are not our only concern. To state the matter in a few words, it and I disagree about our civic duties. I suspect that we must do our utmost to carve solutions that are neither duplicitous nor counter-productive as expeditiously as possible. Raider Nation, on the other hand, believes that it commands an army of robots that live in the hollow center of the earth and produce earthquakes whenever they feel like shaking things up a bit on the surface.
    Raider Nation may have access to weapons of mass destruction. Then again, I consider it to be a weapon of mass destruction itself. Raider Nation is extraordinarily brazen. We've all known that for a long time. However, its willingness to hamstring our efforts to break the neck of its policy of antidisestablishmentarianism once and for all sets a new record for brazenness. Raider Nation trumpets snivelling jujuism laced with patronizing solecism. What's my problem, then? Allow me to present it in the form of a question: What will be the outcome of Raider Nation's quest for world hegemony? Well, I asked the question, so I should answer it. Let me start by saying that Raider Nation has no concern for the common good. For proof of this fact, I must point out that Raider Nation's exegeses are based on two fundamental errors. They assume that ridiculous fanatics should be fêted at wine-and-cheese fund-raisers. And they promote the mistaken idea that a book of its writings would be a good addition to the Bible.
    Whenever Raider Nation is blamed for conspiring to make my worst nightmares come true, it blames its slaves. Doing so reinforces their passivity and obedience and increases their guilt, shame, terror, and conformity, thereby making them far more willing to help Raider Nation make incorrect leaps of logic. We must expose Raider Nation's doctrines for what they really are. Our children depend on that. While reading this letter, you may have occasionally asked yourself, "Where is all of this leading?" and, "What is the point exactly?" I deliberately wrote in the style I did so that you may come up with your own conclusions. Therefore, I leave you with only the following: Raider Nation's particular brand of Maoism will take advantage of human fallibility to lower our standard of living as soon as our backs are turned.
  8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    That's my sight too. Take first things first. We got to beat
    Oakland in a concentratet and powered mood.
  9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    No offense Powder, but those post were way to long to actually read. :lol
  10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    When talking to the Raider nation, pictures will suffice.
  11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    We can be cocky,were fan's. Were not playing the game. :turdspuke:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Powder, could I get a copy of the cliff notes, please? :lol:
  13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guy... GET WITH THE TIMES!!!
    That ticket thing with the Raiders game is loooooong gone!!!! The reason for it was the bad behavior from Retards like you!!!

As for band wagoners... take a look at your team!!!!!
    Most people who wear Raiders colors can't name three player on your team!!!

You're living so far in the past, that you probably think the Raiders are still playoff contenders!!!! :lol:
  14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

AND YOU LOST TO THAT BEAT UP TEAM!!!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Seriously... You need to work on your attacks!!!
  15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    As Chargers fans I don't think we should be talking **** you guys. This team has miles to go before we can do that and let's maybe win a playoff game huh? :icon_shrug:

As for Raiders fans just about everybody I associate with is a Raiders fan and yes their buttholes have puckered up after what we did to Denver and it's exactly what they were afraid of. That said Oakland will come to play and this isn't going to be a cakewalk. :no:

:bolt:
  16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

I don't expect a cake walk but I do expect a win!!! :flag:
  17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

I never intended to start ****.

I just started a thread asking if the raiders taking us lightly

:icon_shrug:
  18. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Although its kinda cool that it turned into a smack thread!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I was going to say "I think it's automatically smack because of it's location!!!" :tup:
  20. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

they moved it!!

i started it in the main board

:lol:
  21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    :icon_finger: THE RAIDERS SUCK !!! :icon_finger:
  22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

How can we be talking ****, if all we are doing is saying the truth?

Then we get some of the earth's best pieces of walking advertisement for bull manure in here.

All they know is ****.
  23. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +962 / 2 / -2
    He says "OOK OOK, we gonna win - we bad, we bad, we bad" - over, and over, and over - then he stops to go polish something - then repeats the process. :icon_toast:
  24. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Oakland can blow me.
  25. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    The myth of the Raiders rushing offense .......

Kiffin's karma brings success

• Like Like x 1
  26. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +962 / 2 / -2
    I guess the SF Chronical didn't get the "we bad" memo? :tup:
  27. Raider Rodney

Raider Rodney BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hide the women and children the Silver & Black are on their way!
  28. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

bringin a team this year???

:lol:
  29. Raider Rodney

Raider Rodney BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It has been a while...but yes ;)
  30. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

:tup:

pretty long injury list. any of them worrisome?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.