1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How are we doing so far in free agency?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by two1, Mar 13, 2013.

1. two1

two1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -1
    So far i see that we have picked up some linemen, which i think should help with the depth on the line. I think that we should still pick up a top tier tackle if one is till there. It seems like we are planning ahead just in case one is not there though. I dont know much about the two linemen that we did pick up, just hope they are not busts!
    How does anyone elese feel about what we have done so far?

2. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -0
    Personally i think we have too many holes to fill in order to have the luxury of signing a top tier tackle in free agency... so far im happy with telescos approach of showing interest/signing plug and play guys.. hopefully we can sure up ILB, CB, and S with 2nd tier FA's which would give us the luxury of going offensive line early in april

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +422 / 7 / -1
    We're not 'shocking and aweing' the NFL world that's for sure but I like the pick up of Cox, he can start day 1. The O line guys are in to compete to start Dunlap at RT (still think someone else will be our LT i.e. big lazy or #1 pick) and Rinehart at Guard. As far as Guard goes it is 2 from Troutman, Rinehart, Dombo, Haslam, Molk, Baxter and maybe even Clary i.e. no earth movers but plenty of bodies. Losing Vasquez is a meh to me.

The TE Phillips is a big upgrade over Randy for me provided Ladarius Green can properly fill in for Gates when needed as the pass catching TE. The RB Whittaker comes in to compete with Baker I guess. I'd have liked to see us in the market for Reggie but the Lions got him. I wonder will Franklin re-sign, and Martin?.

Looks like we're getting thinner at OLB if Barnes and SP both go. Interesting that many are saying Cason would have stayed for the money Cox got were he offered it ie. Cason not seen as one we want to keep.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 19 / -4
    We are getting the smaller FAs to fill needs and aren't going after the big guns. Dunlap is an improvement over Henderson/Harris (maybe not much of one but still), Phillips is a good blocker but was also seen as being in the Witten mold with good hands prior to his injury. Cox is a risk and a higher money one (which I don't understand entirely) but he was the only CB on Jags roster worth a damn and is better than Jammer

5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 5 / -3
    I'll go check the Free Agency 2013 thread and find out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +422 / 7 / -1
    Great to have u posting so early in the morn Ant!!. Don't have to wait that extra 3 hrs now!. East Coast reppin.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 19 / -4
    Now that I'm on the east coast I'm posting before i go to work - boss wouldn't like me on bolt talk during work hours I imagine lol

Right now I'd say a C; got a swing tackle, likely a starting guard, a #2 TE and our #1 CB; no huge mistakes no huge contracts

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +422 / 7 / -1
    As I said elsewhere I've heard both Dunlap and Cox being interviewed. Both impressed me. Esp Dunlap. Was kinda expecting another Gaither but sounds like we got ourselves at worst a starting right tackle and corner.

9. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    its been so long since I visited this site. I missed you all so much. All I want to say is since the day we cut Clinton Hart, things started to go downhill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I thought it was since Eric Parker hurt his toe? :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1