1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How confident are you that the Chargers will beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BeerGuy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Are you 50/50?

60/40?

100%

What is the realistic reason for your confidence?

I know the media isn't giving you any respect, which is just stupid. Believe me, that's how the Pats operated for years and years, and we made them pay for it. We had NO CHANCE against the "Greatest Show on Turf" according to the idiot press.

It's funny how the tables have turned since last year. In '06 we were the team that didn't have a chance against you guys in playoffs. This year you were the team that didn't have a chance against the Colts. Both teams, obviously, moved on to take on the team that the media felt was unbeatable.
  2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Lest we forget 2001 when the highly touted and highly favored Rams lost the Super Bowl on an Adam Vinitieri kick.

Any team in the NFL can beat any other team in the NFL. The question is will they?

I'll stay away from predictions during the playoffs...they have always come back to bite me in the butt. This time next week, there will be some happy campers. Will they be Pats fans, or will they be Chargers fans? It will be settled on that frozen turf in Foxboro.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8

Good point. Remember once the pats were the underdog who no one said could beat the AFC Powerhouse of the time.

Dont look past the Chargers. It will be a good game!
  4. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    indeed it will.
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    I'm very confident it'll be a great game. And, as long as the zebra's don't sniff the pasties kool-aid I like our chances!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:
  6. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings Received:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    This season is different for me.

It's not longer a matter of, "I'm confident this team can beat [insert opponent here]."

It's now, "I'm confident this team can beat ANYBODY if they believe in themselves and execute."

Yes, that includes the Patriots. I'm not scared, and if yesterday is any indication, neither are the Chargers.

I've been a fan for a long time, and this is the first time I've felt this loose, as I've said in prior posts. I include last year in that assessment. It will all be settled Sunday.

I will say this though, Pat fans - don't think this is the same tentative squad that came into Foxboro Week 2. If anyone thinks that, they're in for a rude surprise.
  7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    I have similar confidence to yesterday's game. I think it will be hard fought, but if we play our game and make plays, we can win.

But please, don't post a new thread for every little question that pops into your head. How am I getting BoltCash? Come on man!
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    I have faith
    and faith manages

that's all
  9. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And if we play well and you play well,the pats still win.
  10. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings Received:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    So if you lose, it's because the Pat's didn't play well, is that it?

The excuse machine already begins it's roll.
  11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I'm confident that it will be a close game and the outcome will not be determined until late.:yes:
  12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    The chargers can beat the pats. Chargers have more talent. Pats are mainly all hype by the east coast media. Dirt bags that they are.:yes:

I hope the reffing is fair in this chargers/pats game. If it is the chargers should win fairly easily. Hey nfl start calling holding on the pats o-line. Its a sham what they're letting the pats o-line get away with this year.
  13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I am...optimistic...
  14. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    If the Chargers sack Brady 5+ times, we win. If they don't...
  15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    Had Harrison not fumbled yesterday we were well on our way to being down 14-0 and in big trouble. I fully expect the Pats to come out and attack the same way the Colts did. That said I have been confident throughout this entire postseason and why not? We started 1-3 yet this team overcame alot to get to where they are. The Pats are a great team but at this point we're not scared of anybody. :no:

This is going to be a great game but I will not predict any scores.

Go Chargers!! :abq2::bolt::abq1:
  16. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0

Wait, yes, he's saying that the Pats will need to play well to beat the Chargers.

That makes sense, doesn't it?
  17. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    What he said is that if both teams play their best, the Pats win.
  18. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    With brady at QB and moss,welker,stallworth,Gaffney and watson as his receivers.it's impossible for the pats not to play well.
  19. LoMoFoShO

LoMoFoShO BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yup 17-0, breaking almost every offensive record along the way... and it's 'mainly all hype by the east coast media'.

So if you lose, it's because the refs screwed you, is that it?

The excuse machine already begins it's roll.
  20. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    Bingo.
  21. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings Received:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    That last line is MY statement, so if you have problems with it, direct it at me, not foobs.

And still, answer my question. If the Pats lose, it's because they didn't play well, right? That'll be your excuse?
  22. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings Received:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Roger that.

Just like it was "impossible" for the Chargers to win in the RCA Dome.

We've already seen "impossible" around these parts. It's old hat.

Another "impossible" won't hurt.
  23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Conversely the Patriots have had 15 successful outings since they played the Chargers. That can't be discounted.

That said, the Pats are pretty healthy for one of the first times in playoff history, and they have had a whole lot more chances to gain experience since September 16. Both teams have grown.
  24. LoMoFoShO

LoMoFoShO BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can I borrow your crystal ball to see how the game unfolds ?

Since it hasn't been played yet, I can't tell you what I'll think until I see how it plays out.
  25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    The majority of us will not make any excuses if the Pats win. The Pats SHOULD WIN. They are the greatest offensive machine in the history of the NFL. If they don't win, this will be the biggest waste of a season in the history of the NFL.

There's zero pressure on the Chargers. NONE. They have no reason to make any excuses for anything that happens in that game. And neither do we. We just wanna see our boys go out there and wreck some bodies... let the chips (and bodies) fall where they may. :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  26. sprout5533

sprout5533 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here is my prediction...

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  27. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    I just believe in my team. 100%. You won't find reasons for my confidence in the stats, no perfect season, no record breaking performances to look at or past championships, just the feeling that exudes from the players. Last night several thousand of us Charger fans waited outside of Chargers park for them to arrive. When they did, the players didn't look jubilant or cocky; Nobody gave guarantees of impending victory. Merriman didn't lead a "Brady Sucks" chant. They had business in their eyes, an unsatisfied hunger. I could tell they weren't finished or content and neither are we as fans.
  28. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings Received:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Nobody's counting out the Pats here. 17-0 speaks for itself. If you guys want validation, you've got it from everyone from ESPN to San Diego's local papers. It's going to be a tall order to beat them.

That being said, I have never seen more smugness than the media and nearly every prognosticator this past week saying that the Chargers don't have a chance.

You think we expect any different this week, against the NFL's darlings? Gimme a break. As I said, old hat.
  29. LoMoFoShO

LoMoFoShO BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But do you feel like the Patriots players are 'finished' or 'content' ?

I keep seeing that theme, that the Chargers are hungry and loose the Patriots are somehow content at this point.

After blowing a big lead @ Indy last year and missing the Superbowl, and having to stew on that for a year, I can guarentee you they're not sitting around satisfied with what they've accomplished so far either.

And we as Pats fans know the season is meaningless without the hardware, so no one's content in this camp either.