1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How confident are you that the Chargers will beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BeerGuy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You mean like the hold the Jags put on the Steelers on Garrard's run on 4th and 2, dude was TACKLED. If you're going to blame your impending loss on uncalled holds, you've already lost.
  2. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Ohh yeah your take is so much better, my team will win because we are great blah blah blah. Your team CHEATED the league knows it, 31 other teams in the league know and deep down inside at places you don't like to talk about at parties you know it!!:tup:
  3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like these so called pats fans really don't even care about their team. Just that they're winning. Thats the definintion of a band wagon fan. Geez. Pats fans suuck.
  4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    So you never really watch the pats play. Otherwise you'd see the pats o-line holding on every offensive play. Another bandwagon ball watching fan. Learn to watch the game kid.
  5. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

I know football but why talk it with someone of your ilk, I'm not going to change your mind and you sure as hell ain't going to change mine (or anyone else on this board for that matter) so don't go away mad just go away....

and what is your fascination with Grace?? Dam google her and download your own pics.....
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I'll leave the over confidense thing for the Pats fans, some of which have made statements that we have no chance of winning. I'll say this however, being over confident for either side is a mistake.
  7. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    You didn't get that indication from me, did you?

If so, I apologize for not making myself clear.
  8. Grogan's neck roll

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I officiate college football, I know how to watch a game.....kid.
  9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    doesn't sound like it. Your either the worst ref in the world or you know nothing about football. Do you wear glasses. I'd recommend you start using them if you don't now.
  10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Is your job to buff those trophys every day. Your a nice guy. You can buff our chargers super bowl trophy from this year if you want.
  11. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

ohh your special :tup:
  12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    More cogent analysis from a guy whose city hangs their hat on a cracked bell and shaved steak.

Do me the favor, just explain to me the nickel defense......and n-o-o-o-o-o wikipedia.......
  13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    i give the chargers a 65-35 chance. mainly because the pressure is not on the chargers because they have done what everyone thought they couldnt do -- twice. the pats on the other hand, they have the superstar QB who is pretty down to earth in the playoffs when it comes to handling himself. now the team on the other hand, i dont care what you want to say about them, the jitters will get to them at some point, and maybe itll hit them when the chargers are breathing down their necks. moss hasnt been covered by an real CBs. better believe cro will be on him man to man. i expect the chargers to come into this game pumped up and ready to do business. no cockiness, no expectations other than to execute, and with that comes the confidence and a trip to glendale. when it comes down to it, randy moss is just a raider. big game. BIIIIIIG game. hes gunna be pretty overwhelmed. he is talented, ill give him that, but does he have the poise of someone who has been there before?
  14. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

At least we aren't jealous of a city that RULED your sorry *** baseball team for what 100 years :lol:
  15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    dude, i played OLB and SS in a nickel defense and i still dont get it.
  16. Grogan's neck roll

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    86, but who's counting. And by the way, those 86 years were worth it to come back from 3-0 to beat them, biggest comeback in history. I'm cool with that.
  17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Lets just hope for a fairly called game by the refs so the chargers can easily win the game.
  18. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

You would be, I bet it was the happiest day in your sorry little life huh??? :tup:
  19. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Yeah right foobs, get ready for a disappointment...
  20. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Listen, I know you'll be the first in line to lick that trophy if the Bolts ever win one, so take it easy. I'm glad I had the chance to get that picture taken, I won't apologize for that.

A complete aside about those trophies, the Pats actually carry them around in Reebok duffel bags. When they brought them into the room to put on the table that's what they were in. There was one little mousey guy, wearing white cotton f--king gloves, who was in charge of putting them on the table and polishing them with the velvet Tiffany bags. You should have seen Belichick's face as the kid took the first one out, placed it gingerly on the table and wiped it down. Then he does the same thing with the second one. Belichick just couldn't help himself, he marches over, grabs the third one out of the bag with his bare hands(I think he put extra finger prints on it just to screw with the guy) and slams it, with a loud clang, down on the table. I thought the white glove guy was going to crap his pants.
  21. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with this thread, but I did use to like the Patriots. There was this aura of joy when they won their first superbowl. Now they seem to take no joy in playing football. They act as if they need to win for winnings sake, not for the love of the game, not to honor those that came before. Very business like. The business like nature of how they carry themselves reminds me so much of the Yankees.

Off topic rant over with
  22. Grogan's neck roll

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, the happiest day of my sorry little life was the day my son was born, I don't use all my seed up in a tissue.
  23. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

But dude you look like a dork, couldn't you have used one of your cool looking friends and pass it off as you???
  24. Grogan's neck roll

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is a myth, you didn't see them celebrate after beating the Giants? You didn't see them celebrate after beating the Jags? This is something that has taken on a life of its own, this team plays with joy.
  25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I expect another biased home town east coast ref called game. With refs sniffing the pats jocks all game.

The thing is though. THe chargers have so much better talent that they've been able to overcome the cheating by the refs in east coast towns. I have hope.
  26. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Your wife didn't tell you yet???
  27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    New York does nothing for me, it's a nice place to visit, that's it.

Philly on the other hand.....it's not even a nice place to visit.

Honestly, what does Philly have over Hartford, or Providence, or Newark?

Still no work on the nickel........
  28. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

I do to Foobs we'll beat the cheatiots and the refs..:tup:
  29. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    You sure it was your kid. YOu might want to check on that. Still love the kid though if you find its not really your kid. Kids need love.
  30. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Running water and indoor plumbing :icon_shrug: