1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How would you rebuild?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PRiversMVP619, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +529 / 13 / -3
    I don't really like the hiring of coaches from college.. especially Oregon.. Chip's offensive needs a lot of alterations if he was to coach here in San Diego. I feel like it would be another Nick Saban, one a done deal.

Perry Fewell, DC of the Giants or Ray Horton, DC of the Cardinals has a GREAT scheme as well. Giving up only 3 or more touchdowns 3 times out of 8 games against good offenses of New England, Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia and San Fransisco.

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +938 / 15 / -1
    There's plenty of reason why Chip Kelly won't be our next HC, but the offensive scheme he runs at Oregon isn't it. He ran a pro-style offense as New Hampshire; he runs the scheme he does at Oregon because it maximizes the talent available to him on the Ducks. That's the sign of a good coach.

That said, there are only a few owners/teams I see outbidding Nike (which is what will be paying to keep Chip at Oregon) to get Chip's signature - at least until the program's got a National Championship (or tw0 under its belt) under him; and the Spanos' aren't among them. And then, people are kidding themselves if they think Dean is hiring another college coach after the Mike Riley fiasco.

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    Never said they would hire him, just that he will be a candidate for teams this year. Doubt anybody would be able to woo him away from the money in Oregon right now.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sorry, I must have missed your mea culpa.

Green needs reps & could take them at WR easily. Instead, we go get retreads & PS material.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 5 / -3
    Is this one of them?

Chip-Kelly-Chris-Farley.jpg

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +900 / 5 / -0
    Chip also sounds like a good name for a pet beaver or woodchuck... Here Chip, have a branch...

• Funny Funny x 1