1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I Hate the DMV and Gov. Brown

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sydalish, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,576 / 11 / -0
    Never received my car registration notice. Thanks to Gov. Moonbeam the renewal notices have been all delayed and messed up since July b/c he wanted to get a fee hike increase passed. It didn't, thank god, but we're still left with his mess. (p.s. you're a ******* thief for stealing cities redevelopment funds *******).

Just received the "Late Notice" today which I even can't pay because I have to get a smog first. Which I would have known if they'd SENT ME MY ORIGINAL NOTICE. They're charging a $113 "late fee" which they will refund if I fill out a request form... but they're only giving people 30 days grace on late fees, even when they don't send you anything until almost 60 days late.

*bangsheadagainstwall*
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    Odd, I got my notice well ahead of time...... had to get the smog done too.
  3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,137 / 4 / -0
    Ah, THAT'S why I moved away from California all those years ago.........you've got a loony-tunes retread as governor and a bunch of eco-Nazis in charge of the DMV who have never met a regulation they didn't like. Here, it costs $84 every 2 years to register a car---no stupid smog inspections, no hidden or extra fees for BS things like not having the "t"s crossed on some document. Just $84 for two years, and that's a huge increase from the thirty bucks we used to pay every two years for our registrations; however, after being reminded of how tough it is in CA to get a car all nice and legal, I can't complain. Sorry!
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,576 / 11 / -0
    I wish I had gotten it in time - the car is in my parents name and since my Dad passed we have opened EVERY piece of mail we get, even junk from publishers clearinghouse, just in case it's something important or someone who doesn't know that he's gone.

I can get my money back, but I have to jump through hoops to get it. SO aggravating and knowing how our state works it'll be a long while before my refund gets processed. *grumblegrumble*

It's sad that while I am a big fan of smaller federal government control over states, I'm almost afraid of how things would end up here in CA if we got that wish... our state government is one big clusterfuck that's for sure.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,137 / 4 / -0
    You have a point there.........if it weren't for the feds, California would have nothing even resembling a government. Just a bunch of elderly hippies sitting around in a circle singing "Kum-Ba-Ya" and scratching their a$$es. Then again, the feds aren't much better, but that's a story for another day. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Hence why I don't -- and never will -- live in the People's Republic of California.

Unfortunately, since I am a consultant I do have to pay taxes there (when I am physically there) with no right to vote :(
  7. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    It's $53 here in VA, but I have to get smogged every two years since I live in a part of the state that has the same kind of leanings as CA :rolleyes: But overall, we have it pretty good here.

Now, if I could do whatever I wanted to my Trans Am with no smog rule...I only have to move two counties over :tup: But, OHHHHH the traffic...
    • Like Like x 1