1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I hate the Patriots.

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by TDJets72027, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,532 / 7 / -2
  2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    My regards, boys, on having a real pretty forum. I thought I'd drop in and say hello from all the Pats fans everywhere.

Be glad to provide the backboard for you to shoot at. I don't talk smack real good, but I talk football very good.

Pats fan from the beginning 1960....May God bless Lou Sabin, Billy Sullivan, Gino Capeletti, Babe Parilli, Nick Buonticonti, Jim Nance, and Zip Gomez.

GO PATRIOTS!!!! Three time World Champion
  3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    :tup:

Glad to have you.

It's refreshing to come across a Pats fan who isn't an *** Clown.

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2:
  4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    A Pats fan with class? :blink:

I'm not sure I know how to act. :icon_huh:
  5. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    GO CHARGERS ,its not cool ssayinfg things about inn0cent people ona jet ski accident ,i do however still thing bellicheck got off way to light he should have been suspended at least 8 games if not the rest of the season slimy ,no good ,cheating ,spying ,classless well you get the point . I BLEED BLUE AND GOLD for over a ! 1/4 century .this weekend if the THUNDER DONT GET YA THE LIGHTNING WILL, lets got this thing on
  6. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...I'm a little older, and I waited 41 years for those guys to win. It was a long haul. I know what Charger fans are enduring.

The Belichick thing is sad and a dark spot on a great team. We'll weather it and move on.

Thanks for the welcome.
  7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +961 / 2 / -2
    Hey "Buck" (dude you've got more a.k.a.s on the net than I have. :)). This one is going to take a long, long time to "weather" and not just for the Patriots and their fans - the full story is yet to be told... If Belicheat is arrogant/stupid enough to try something else shady and get caught at it (again) I'm pretty sure the rest of the owners will be after the Commissioner to do the right thing next time.

At present - most of us are either outraged with Belicheat and the organization, or feeling some kind of "glee" that they got caught... Count me among the former. Like you, I have followed the American Football League since there was such a thing, and it distresses hell out of me to now see ammunition being handed to the NFC teams that the AFC's recent dominance is due as much to cheating as the superiority of our Conference. Belicheat didn't just hurt the Pats - he hurt professional football, particularly the American Football Conference. :icon_evil:
  8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Belichick isn't arrogant nor stupid. He is talented but insecure.

The question keeps being asked, "Why, with the caliber team he has, would he stoop to something that probably yielded very little intel, and why would he risk his rep, the team rep, and all the humiliation that comes with it? He's insecure and enormously proud...to a tragic fault. He is also enormously self-destructive.

His dad coached Navy....Bill wants to measure up, and he really isn't comfortable depending entirely on his team, so he does something dumbass like video an other team. He's the classic Greek tragic hero...self destructive through tragic character flaws...hubris and insecurity.

I really believe pe0ple confuse his aloofness and "unproductive" news conferences and interviews as an inherent inability to handle that stuff comfortably. He is just not good with people. Trust me, I'm not trying to make excuses for him. The whole situation is not good. Belichick is a Freudian psychologist's dream client.

If there is a positive in the whole thing, both for the team and the league, is that it happened at the beginning of the season rather than the end.

At any rate...Chargeroo yelled at me. Tell him I don't appreciate that. And he booted me until September 28. BOOOOO!!!!! :icon_evil:

I like this place much better. Posters can buy decent hooch at the site store. Hey, if you have an in with the mods or the webmaster, ask him if he can put up a stock of chips, salsa, pizza, veggie plates, some brownies and M and M's. That would be really cool.
  9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +961 / 2 / -2
    Belicheat is arrogant, stupid, a cheater, a liar, an adulterer, a fornicator and happens to be a pretty good Coach when the rest of it isn't getting in the way. It is unfortunate that his self-destructive behavior will bring down so many with him - and cast shame on the AFC in the process.

Don't know how you ran afoul of Chargeroo, who has the patience of Job - but I do know HIM and suspect YOU know why you got a timeout over there. :icon_rofl:

The moderators over here are pretty tolerant (shoot - they put up with ME) and this is generally a relaxed, somewhat more ADULT forum. Surprised it took you this long to get on here. If it took a timeout on another forum to do it - then so be it. ;) You will, no doubt, catch some flack on here - but no more than elsewhere.

I know it sucks to be a Pats fan this past week - good on yer for not letting "shared guilt" run you off.
  10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0

Roo posts here so you can tell him yourself. This site tends to give a little more latitude so you'll probably stick around a little longer. :lol:
  11. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    All that is happening is a part of the game. If it hadn't been Belichick, some other horror would have surfaced and probably will before the season is over.

The game has become incredibly competitive for everyone, and apparently the rewards...the money, the adoration, and the rush are worth the risks to many athletes and now coaches. It's spreading throughout pro sports.

What do you remember as the first pro sports scandal you heard about? I'm thinking Paul Hornung.
  12. OzwaldEMandius

OzwaldEMandius Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They were selling out in '93 when Parcells came on board (seasons sold out within a week) and didn't stop selling out since. Even in the Pete Carroll/Bobby Grier years they continued to sell out consistently.

SD is probably one of the few teams that I'd consider reserving that particular criticism though. You guys haven't been all that good all that long, most of your games hold a MONSTER contingent of visiting team support (obviously because of the military presence and the transient nature of much of SD's population) and I can remember walking up and buying tickets in '96 for the SD v NE game. Not saying the fan base isn't rabidly loyal NOW but you're not exactly talking a storied history like Pitt or Dallas (... I just said something nice about Dallas..shoot me..).

As for the "Ski Doo" comment, yeah that's pretty f'n tasteless but I'm sure some drunken Pats fan said something about Dungy's son last year after the loss.
  13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Chargeroo is probably the best MOD on the net just don't tell him I said that because he will stop working for FREE :lol:

Chargers.com is less tolerate of houligans whereas; this place was built by hooligans. :abq2:
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I used to frequent chargers.com but hardly go there now - just an occasional drive-by.

I've found BT & GTP to be much more acceptant of my personality. :icon_rofl:
  15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    I just go where i please unless its to another team's site, then i'm usually banned for being annoying :lol:
  16. OzwaldEMandius

OzwaldEMandius Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ow.. ow.. I feel infinitely dumber for reading that post. My God...
  17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    Would you be here if the Pats Lost..No so why don't you just **** off you troll
  18. Camera Man

Camera Man Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think a bunch of folks just got confused at the sudden disappearance of the Chargers fans who had made themselves so welcome in our Patriots forums this past week. It's like one minute they're telling us just how badly the Chargers are going to beat our asses, and then POOF! they're gone...
  19. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    The Chargers should have beaten you but we didn't so we can't talk smack when we lost so thats why we left but oh well..i'll let you retards work that out for yourselves
  20. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    "The Chargers SHOULD have beaten you"??? WTF? Based on what?

You've been listening to too many Lamedainian Tomlinson interviews. He never should have given up his day job to become a TV personality.
  21. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    I think that LT shouldn't have been trash talking but the Pats have had 2 good games but that doesn't base a season does it
  22. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Nope it doesn't....but I have to tell you, your team has not looked at all like a promising football team the last two times they played the Patriots in front of national prime time audiences.

The Patriots have some incredible weaponry this year. It is not the same team who got handed the win in January. Last night was just a good old whupping. They kicked the Chargers asses...no one gave them that game.

I think it's pretty safe to say, barring unforeseen catastrophies, that both teams will win their divisions. And on a relative basis, if both teams improve by December, the Chargers will be very good, and the Patriots will be downright scary.
  23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281 / 12 / -5
    Ok, I've slammed you quite a bit since yesterday. But the above post, SPOT ON MAN!
  24. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate your sentiments. Have a great game in Green Bay.
  25. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    14 Other NFL Teams Hastily Remove Spy Cameras From Sidelines

http://www.thebrushback.com/

NEW YORK--In the wake of the Patriots spy scandal and the resulting sanctions handed down by the commissioner’s office, 14 other NFL teams hastily removed their own spy cameras from the sidelines this weekend.

“Well so much for that idea,” said one coach, who asked not to be identified. “Our ‘video assistant’ is gone from the sidelines. Thanks for ruining it, Belichick! Here’s a tip: You put the guy off in the background and give him a fedora with a tiny camera installed in the front of it, then you film to your heart’s content. You don’t just plop him out in the open with a giant camera pointed at the defensive coordinator! It’s illegal, and it’s too obvious. So now we’re stuck getting signals the old fashioned way: by crawling through the air ducts and stealing the playbook.”

Another coach said the elimination of sidelines spy cameras will present a huge challenge for teams who have been relying on them for years.

“You’re going to see a bit of an adjustment period while teams deal with not having spy cameras,” said the coach. “Obviously there are different ways to steal signs, but videotaping it is the easiest. It’s been going on forever.

That’s why I always laugh when people say the Patriots put a ‘modern twist’ on it. Hello? It’s a video camera. When was the last time video taping was considered high tech? 1958? It’s actually kind of antiquated at this point. I heard [the Patriots] are now using high tech spy planes to do their work. Those things have missiles on them, too.”

The real victims in this case, said the coach, are the now jobless young people who have gone from camera assistants to “cheaters” virtually overnight.

“We had a recent college grad named Will who was making next to nothing and just doing this because he loved this team,” said a scout from a prominent NFC East team. “And now we’ve had to let him go. It’s not like we had another job for him to do. His job was to steal signs. And now his job is to be unemployed. You know who I blame for this? Belichick and Eric Mangini. Enough with the feud, ladies. This is the NFL. If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying…or winning.”

Until the league’s coaches devises newer, more discreet ways of stealing signals, fans should expect to see some clumsy sequences during games, the scout said.

“It’s going to be a little ugly for a while. I expect to see a lot of penalties for too many men on the field, because coaches won’t even be able to figure out which personnel to put out there. Also, you might see a few more injuries as players run around in circles banging into each other as a result of the confusion.”

So is there any upside at all to the Patriots spying scandal? Yes, says one head coach.

“The only real upside to this whole thing is that you get to go on TV and talk about how you would never do such a thing,” said the coach, who asked not to be identified. “For instance, when I was asked about it, I said ‘This is a dark day for football. You have to wonder now if all those Super Bowls they won are tainted.’ Then I shook my head solemnly and walked away. Now I’m considered one of the good guys. I just hope I don't get caught putting on a helmet and pads and infiltrating my opponents’ practices. That might be considered hypocritical.”
  26. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    The Patriots cheated their way to sb titles, and they still had to win on field goals. Vinatieri was the reason they won, and now he's gone. :lol:
  27. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    For the record, Pats fans, I don't give a flying monkey's arse what the Bolts have or haven't done.
  28. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Didn't need to cheat against that band of rabble that drifted into Foxboro last Sunday.

Geez, seven months of preparation for vengeance got lost in about the first six minutes. How much are you guys paying your coach to prepare your team for the big games?

Brett Favre can throw deep...be afraid. Be very afraid.
  29. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
  30. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    In retrospect, this thread is pretty funny.