1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I have been permanently BANNED from the UT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Electric Chair, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I was talking football at the UT for the last few days, and I just went to go chat it up with all my old UT friends only to discover that I have been banned for life. :icon_shrug:

Someone please go and take a look at my posts from the last few days. There is nothing offensive or obscene. In fact, I feel that everything was completely on topic. What wasn't was in the "off topic" section. :icon_shrug:

After moderating their board for free for three years, this is the thanks I get?

All class.

This entire rift started when GWD, one of the wonderful mods over there, had a friend get stoned and drunk, then decide to drive. Well, this friend of hers was driving on the 56 and killed an innocent victim that happened to be a friend of mine.

You can read the story here.

This was all right about the time of the Steve Foley incident. I was angry as hell about the whole thing and certainly made that clear in the Foley thread. GWD berated me for skirting the language filter (in times of tragedy the most important thing is make certain that adults don't use words like "$hit"). I forget how it came up, but I think this was when we figured out the relationship between her POS friend and Joe. I was PISSED. We exchanged a series of PM's which I will choose to keep private (actually, I have been banned so I don't really have a choice there :lol: ), but essentially GWD let me know that she thought it was "unfortunate that she (her friend) made a bad decision".

I would have the exact wording, but obviously I can't reach my account. It was extremely insensitive however it was worded. At least that was how I viewed it.

Her good friend got six years. Not nearly enough imo, but so be it.

Anyways, I stopped posting there after that until recently.

I decided that it was time to go back after over a year of being away, and added the EXACT SAME signature that you see here. EXACT. I copied and pasted it from this site, in fact.

First, the UT turns off my ability to have a sig without so much of a PM or note from any of their mods. Great. Ok, I figure, maybe links are not allowed in sigs. So I pop open a thread and the first post I see is Rip the Jacker and in his sig is a direct link to BOLTHYPE.

This pissed me off yet again for a myriad of reasons. The favoritism shown there is just appalling ever since Chargeroo left for chargers.com- and yes, this includes me and the end of my tenure, but that is another topic.

So I simply start to type the link on the bottom of my posts. Later in the evening, GWD has gone through and edited about 25 posts of mine and taken away the link. No PM or email explaining the reason or the rule, only in the little text box, "Reason for edit: Direct links not allowed". Fine. So I don't include any direct links whatsoever. None. I just go into my profile and type LLV.net where it asks "location", and since she was so fond of explaining herself in the little "Edit Box", I return the favor by clicking EDIT on my posts and adding LLV.net where it asks for a reason (I never actually changed a single thing in the posts- check my last two posts there). The next thing you know I am banned for life without a single warning.

On that note, I have never allowed myself to get caught up in drama on these forums that many of you seem to relish in, but this pisses me off to no end after all the time that I put into that forum. I am sure that I could give Jeff a call and straighten this out, but I just wanted to get this off my chest first and see what you all thought about it (since I have been posting with many of you 5-6 years, most of which at the UT). It would be nice to come to a peaceful conclusion to this without having to waste a lot of everyones time trying to figure out which multi might be or might not be me (hello?). Plus, I feel that having put in three years of moderating there I should get some sort of personal explanation. If I am reinstated, I should be able to use my original user name that I have made over 8,000 posts with as well as have access to all of my PM's where I have a ton of contact info.

I am going to email the link to this thread to Jeff Dillon and I am hoping to get a response either in private or right here.

My email is boltmaniac@hotmail.com.

I feel better, now back to ripping the coaching staff, crucifying Rivers, and predicting the end of life as we know it because we got a lucky win against the World Champs.

Cheers!

E.C.

ps. If you have taken the time to read this, thanks. Please feel free to post a reply. I would love to hear some outside thoughts.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings Received:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    Ha! I just signed up last week, but I no longer feel any need to visit their board.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. :no:
  3. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I emailed it to Jeff Dillon. We will see what happens.
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Why?

I didnt see any post that was out of line or any sort of thing... I dont get it. I should be banned long before you...

Sorry bro.
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Was there a reason given? None of your posts are out of line, or any way bannable? It makes no sense to me...
  6. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Nothing. I went to log on and got this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
  7. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Conc, I would love you to post a link to this thread over there and see the response. I will check it tomorrow with a multi. :icon_sad:

If everyone there agrees that I should be banned, so be it.
  8. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    That looks like the one I got at LLV...

Seriously though, this bites. None of your posts were bad, out of line or inflammatory. I dont get it at all...
  9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear it bro. Personally I can't stand GWD myself. Egomanic if you ask me!
  10. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    OK. Will do right now... In the RWA thread?
  11. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    :icon_shrug:

That was where I was mostly posting, so those are the people that I must have offended. :icon_shrug:
  12. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    I never had problems with her. I had a big run in with Karl Hngus a while back, but that is ancient history.

The best mod I ever encountered was EC. SDC is a close second.
  13. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    TK says:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Can I be third?:tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Tied for second. You have always been fair and level with me! Plus yer my Irish brutha from anutha mutha...:tup:
  16. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    It's spot on.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I generally lean against any post that could create friction between different websites.

But, this does seem like a pretty bad abuse of power. It's to bad that this had to happen. I think the UT has a great forum and lots of great posters, but stuff like that shouldn't happen.

The irony for me is that I'm preparing for a moderator meeting right now that'll take place in a few hours and one of the main topics is to discuss some procedures and systems I am implementing that would make this very thing unlikely to ever happen here.

That sucks EC, and it's super lame.
  18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I had problems with Hungus also. And they weren't even from anything I had done. That guy was a terrible mod and seemed like an angry person.
    I haven't interacted with you all that much, but from what I have, you do seem like a pretty good mod and a fair handed guy.
  19. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Great stuff EC. It doesn't surprise me ..... not at all.

My signature has been disabled there, and I can't post a new signature. Also, my custom user text has been deleted.

There is no note of explanation in my pm's.
  20. Electric Chair

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Thumper. I hate drama. But I did nothing to wrong here. I appreciate you allowing this to stay- I didn't think of the friction it could cause.

There can't be favoritism from Mods or the system doesn't work. There are tons of links all over EVERY internet forum, and apparently that is why I was banned.
  21. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I have absolutely nothing against you at all.

But, why is there no explanation for these things? Why are some posters at the UT allowed to threaten physical violence against other posters?

How come no one ever thanked me for your mod forum needing to have a double password for entry? :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.