1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I think we have our first 2010 draft "lock"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Buck Melanoma, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Bulger just released by the Rams. Get ready for Bradford to head to St. Louis.

2. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    they'd be crazy not to draft him. D-line is nice, but it ain't gonna win you as many games as a QB. The rams already blew it with long and carriker. i think they need to get away from d-line for a draft. well, at least round 1 d-line.

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,210 / 37 / -21
    Detroit now on the clock...

4. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Why in the world did the Rams decline the trade down offer by the Bucs? They just insist on paying the most possible cash?

The Bucs WANT Suh (they still may get him) and were willing to swap 1st and offer a player or two. The Rams would have either gotten an extra pick and/or another player AND saved money on Bradford. Devaney is a moron man. Neither the Lions OR Bucs are drafting Bradford.

With that being said I see the Lions swoopin Okung @2 and the Bucs still getting Suh @ 3.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    Don't be surprised if the Rams fall in love with Colt McCoy and take him at the top of the 2nd round!

Suh is the best player available!

6. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I see Holmgren drafting McCoy, even if that means trading up to the end of the 1st.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +245 / 22 / -3
    Since your talkin about STLs pick and it being a lock, thought id point out this article I saw on NFL.com over the last weekend.
    Dont kno about most of you all, but I will deffinatly be itnerested to see what shakes out in the NFC WEST this year. Good read on the QB conundrum that is the NFC West.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8176da3b&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

St. Louis
    Is the selection of Bradford a done deal? It seems so, especially with the team that seemed to have had the greatest chance of trading for St. Louis' pick, the Washington Redskins, seemingly taking themselves out of the market by trading for Donovan McNabb.

Earlier this week, general manager Billy Devaney told the Associated Press that the Rams "haven't come close to deciding" what they'll do with the No. 1 choice. But he's having a hard time convincing most league observers that's the case.

Could they legitimately have reservations? Of course. This is a financial investment of staggering proportions for a team in the process of being sold. Even after speaking with Bradford multiple times and their thorough study of his background and character, Rams officials understandably have cause to wonder if selecting him is the right thing.

"To me what's hard is how are (No. 1 overall quarterbacks) going to react, what are they going to be like when all the expectations are there, all the pressure's there, they've made a lot of money, and all the temptations," coach Steve Spagnuolo said. "How do you know that? You try to sit there and say, 'He's been through four years of college, he's handled all these things pretty well, but the setting's different. You're going to school every day. Now you're playing the game of football, but that's all you're doing.' You don't know."

:icon_toast:

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +245 / 22 / -3
    Also just saw this earlier today but didnt read.

Kroenke exercises matching right to try to buy 100 percent of Rams
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8177c7f3&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Intersting, but more the same Kroenke owns too many other teams and is prohibited by NFL rules to finalize this deal.

Course the rules could be flexed during a 2011 holdout.

Personaly even as a MO resident, I was hoping they would go back to LA and get SD off the list of potential teams to cut and run.

9. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It all depends on what they think of Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, and Tony Pike.

Clausen won't last til the 2nd.

If they think Bradford is that much better than those above, they take him. If they like McCoy, or think McCoy fits what they want to do... maybe you take the DT, and draft your qb in the 2nd.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    Ndamukong Suh

No question.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - on the clock

11. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1

I wouldn't be so sure. They COULD select Okung to help protect Stafford.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Heard a rumor that the Browns (Heckert) had contacted the Rams about trading into 1st.

Supposedly Holmgren said screw that. :lol:

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,210 / 37 / -21
    Okung makes too much sense for a team like the Lions, they're probably considering Dez Bryant.:lol:

If I were them I'd take Okung #2, and Brian Price at #34.