1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

i want to point this out about a cb coming up in the draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Dec 17, 2013.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    Darqueeze Dennard cb, michigan state has done what no other corner back since deion Sanders, Yes deion sanders. In 77 targets thrown his way only 10 were completed for 60yards and 2 tds.thats. 778 of a yard. He has hld oppoaing wrs t less than a yard his way. #DefinitionOfAShutdownCorner

2. Rimshot

Rimshot BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    But the guys name is DARQUEEZE. What kind of crack head pimped out parents would name their kid DARQUEEZE?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    You got a point there. For a second I thought there would be a link to a Key & Peele skit at the end of the original post.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 8 / -0
    Yes, but can you use Darqueeze in a sentence?

"You got darqueeze to the truck?"

Your turn.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,436 / 36 / -16
    Don't forget to pick up 4 baked potatoes and some darqueeze Parkay...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  6. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    Just watched his highlights. Excellent cover guy. I just wish he was like 6 feet

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 19 / -5
    Hmm..weird that's your only post.

I hope Chargers take CB in rd 2, cause it's a deep class cb. We need a actual pass rusher no english like busts

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    He's listed at 5'11

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +872 / 5 / -0
    ^^^ Add cleats and a helmet, stand him on a linoleum floor and suddenly he's 6'4"...

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +872 / 5 / -0
    I was in the grocery line and an old woman in front of me cut loose a darqueeze that made the cashier stagger and nearly left me blind in one eye...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    Yeah I meant to say over 6 feet. I enjoy seeing bigger corners instead of the 5'10 165 pound casons of the world getting ran over and burnt. At least if he cant cover he can tackle somebody. I appreciate that the kid is close to 200 lbs. Size matters in the NFL especially when you have to guard these big body wrs

12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    I think it's more important to have an NFL body than to be tall, guys like Revis and Bailey are under 6', but built surprisingly thick and have been the premier guys at their position for a long time. And when you get height you usually sacrifice something else, like reaction time and recovery speed unless he's just a freak like Richard Sherman.

5'10 to about 6'1 is about ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    id like nothing more than a pass rusher, but clowney, mack, barr are gone, vic beasley and trent murphy are the two guys left at our pick. so get Dennard lock down corner day one, and find a good olb in the second like michael same

14. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    this kid is phenomenal we would be fools to pass up on him

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    I agree, I think unless he has a disappointing combine he goes top 10 for sure, maybe top 15 even then. Like Anthony Barr, Clowney, Matthews etc... I won't be spending much time fretting about these guys who are to likely out of our reach.

16. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    Right now we got pick 16. If we lose out . the team below us win out, we could get pick 11

17. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    I agree but what happens when we go against the Megatrons of the world? I just hope whoever we get can jump too. I dont wanna see the Richard Marshall Dez Bryant touchdown happening again. Marshall played it perfect but couldnt get up enough to swat the ball away

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    This is one of those times where I'd rather just win out. Norv was dead weight, we all knew it, so I didn't mind then going for the draft position and sending him packing because it felt like a win-win. But I feel like MCCoy needs to win out, he will be better off, the fans will be happier, the players will be happier, and confidence will be higher if we show improvement after the change.

Plus this draft is deeeep in CB and OLB talent, 11, 15 or 20 won't make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  19. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    All of this is true. But this team cant go far in the playoffs. It would be in the best interest of the team to shoot for best draft picks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    Playoffs? I'm not even concerned about that, I'm just thinking close the season out with a 4 game winning streak to finish over .500. We got less than 3% chance to make it to the tourney anyway.

21. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -0
    Just give us the kid from UCLA Anthony Barr and Dennard and its over... Start Kwame Geathers at DT

22. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I'm in "best player available" mode, focusing on OLB, CB, or L Tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    King Dunlap has been excellent, I'd hate to have to spend a 1st on LT due to his concussions.

24. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    It's true, Dunlap has been the "anti-Gaither", and when he's on the field he has made a difference. It's just that the potential of drafting another bad a$$ like Fluker to lock down the other side of the line is so tempting.

25. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194 / 3 / -1
    This says it all! I hope McCoy NEVER EVER EVER takes his foot off the gas pedal until he hoists the Lombardi.

26. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
    This draft is so deep at cb, that IMO taking a cb with first pick would be foolish. Our current group would perform better if we had any threat of a pass rush. If we are not in position to grab Nix, Donald, or Jernigan OR Barr/Mack I would at that point consider taking Dennard. I mean its very possible that guys like Gilbert, Roby, Joyner, and Fuller are all there at our pick in the second.

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    Depends on if there's a run at a position. I think Ifo/Dennard and probably Gilbert are all first rounders, Roby and Fuller likely second rounders (all based on right now). You could very well see teams reach on corners because there's such a plethora of good ones in the draft.

Ranking Corners:
    1a. Dennard
    1b. Gilbert
    2. Ekpre-Olomu
    3. Roby
    4. Fuller
    5. Colvin

Agreed though that Nix and Barr (unlikely)/Mack are at the top of my list. I am curious though about waiting a round for an OLB, there could be some good ones in the second including Breslin and the pass rushers from Missouri.

28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,212 / 37 / -21
    Roby is a very interesting player, in that he has top 10 pick skills, and probably would have gone before Milliner had he come out last year, but he had a poor year in 2013 (as did most Ohio St defense). He could go 7 or 70 and I would not be shocked. Determining te reason for his bad year will be very important.

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    Poor years can take talented players who probably have top 10 skills and send them down into day 2. The second tier guys including all Florida DBs and Roby have the skill set but didn't have production or had other issues. Roby is a guy who can be a top flight corner but had a bad year and did some stupid things, hence he isn't the first to be selected. It would require research but I think Roby could be a second round steal just for his skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

30. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I would rather not pick a CB in the first round. I'm a big supporter of any front seven first, in this case NT or OLB or another LT before a CB. If we cut cox I'd rather them sign Verner or Shields in FAcy

Wired By Mobile

• Agree Agree x 1