1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If this season gets lamed out due to bad tactics.....

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    My buddy has a co-worker in KC who we will be tailgating with. She wanted to up it to $250, but the way the chargers start every season, I am not confident enough for that big of a bet

2. Jordaholic

Jordaholic Jordaholic

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you made money gambling on the games, why you stop? I am calling a lie.

I already put a massive amount that the Lions will not be any better than 7.5 games, I just don't see it with plastic Matty.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    And since I live in Denver, it is only a 9 hour drive and we got nose bleeds for $45. So gas and ticket will be about $100 per person.

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    Then there should at least be the option to put someone on ignore if they aren't going to be banned. If I came on here trying to sell Chargers jerseys or something would that not be considered spam? He came here trying to sell his defensive strategies (sell is the wrong word, but you understand what I mean). It's just killing a lot of the atmosphere because he goes into these threads and spouts his bullshit and it completely derails a thread.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +896 / 5 / -0
    Shouldn't religion be banned from football forums? It's like bringing a can of gas to a forest fire.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    You will have it, as soon as it is programmed, Robdog has promised as much already. Until then, do it manually.
    Yes he would. The two are not equal, he is not selling anything. I think he is yanking our collective chains because he likes seeing reactions like yours. Just my gut feeling on the matter.
    How much is he asking you to give him again? Was it over $5?

If you cant manage to bypass his posts, you will have to devise some other personal measure to ignore him. I will not support banning someone just because you or I do not like them, how many posters would we have if that were the policy? Ask around, I have argued with a lot of people here, if I banned them all what would the site be?

If you feel this answer is not to your liking, please feel free to discuss this with Robdog, as this is his forum and his would be the final word on the matter.

That said, this is my final word on the matter. I am sorry you do not like that word, and understand your frustration.

7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    See I think this is a fair answer. Obviously a lot of people here don't like 1 Cool Guy and would like to see him banned but if that's not going to happen, it's encouraging to know that the ignore feature is at least in the works. It'd be a little sadistic if it wasn't lol

8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    This. Some of us don't believe and get quite annoyed when people throw religion around like candy on Halloween. I deal with that crap on a daily basis, I'd rather it not be in my bowl of football.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I like reading threads where 1CoolFool posts. I like seeing how he pulls so many peoples chains. I don't read his posts, just the responses.

10. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I made a gambling system in HS. When I didn't know it was wrong to gamble, and yes it worked very well. I made enough $ just from betting on football to buy anything i needed all through HS. Was fun, I had teachers and janitors betting on games LOL. This is why I know that yards stats mean nothing. I tried making a system that used yards as 1 factor and it failed.

The lions will make some gamblers rich this year. I posted this quote me later see if i'm not 95% right historically.

11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
    My strats are 96% right historically...just sayin'

12. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    Cool guy has ruined this forum. He is without a doubt a MORON. Thank you cool guy for destroying what used to be a solid place for educated football fans to gather. Isn't there a video game forum that you can try to impress people on with your vast knowledge of "Strats" and schemes? Please go there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I fail to see how one guy, though he may be annoying as hell, has "ruined" this forum. There has been,is, & can continue to be intelligent football discussion with or without his posts. I don't see where he controls that outcome.

I just consider him the Faux News of the site. Occasionally good for a laugh, mostly to be ignored, seldom offering anything of import.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    My how easy would it have been if that would have been the initial response? We could have eliminated about 20 posts if someone would have just said, "The ignore feature is on its way, be patient"

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923 / 5 / -6
    but if we all ignore him, it doesnt do any good if someone quotes him in one of his posts

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    It won't be prefect, but it will be better. Dude got ran off the espn board simply by getting ignored. Wish people here would do the same thing (Yes, I am guilty also)

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    It HAS been said repeatedly. I apologize if you missed it... repeatedly...

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I haven't seen it, especially not in this thread. Thanks

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    This was your response to the request for the ignore feature. Sorry if you said it was coming in a different place, but you didn't say it here, which could have avoided a lot of arguments.

A response such as "The ignore feature is on it's way, be patient" would have been much more helpful

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    I have not posted it in every thread no. But someone asked Robdog about it a while ago in the feedback or support section. It is in the works.

To be frank, the more people whine about 1CG, the more he will post...

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    Wow, you know you are correct... I didnt post it again. Oh well... Moving on...

BTW, the initial post stands. If you or the others hate the poster soo much, why are you in a thread started by him? What did you expect to find?

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    B4L wearing a Special Olympics medal for the debate team. ;)

23. Shu303

Shu303 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Probably my favorite thread on the board at this moment......just saying :)
    Just pure entertainment.

24. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I only post in this section people! There is so many other great sections to read where I have no opinions or posts :). I still post over at ESPN forums, why DenverBolt do you always tell people lies about how i got ran off those boards? In fact I get much less flack there.

Peace.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Cool, then I must have missed it on other threads since I don't read them all

• Like Like x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    Oh tell me you just did not go there... :roflmao:

27. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    DenverBolt, proof I still post at the ESPN forums and how nice they are over there compared to some places: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/forum/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers#!/topic/1315245706-17-689

If you didn't harass me everywhere I post, maybe it would be really peaceful there. (Doesn't this prove I didn't get ran off there or banned or what-ever else you tell everyone every once in a while?)

Anyone have good lyrics about the Chargers they want me to use in a rock-n-roll song my kids will produce?

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I cannot tell a lie. :whistling:

In all seriousness, I meant no disrespect to any Special Olympians.

29. Shu303

Shu303 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Says you have something like 3 posts over there? Sounds like you post a lot!! :tup: Also the only comment on your profile is, "Go Away" I call Shenanigans.

And no......

• Like Like x 1
  30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Nice, so you started posting again when they changed to that terrible new format because you hadn't posted more than 2-3 posts in a few months before they changed it last week.