1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If were cleaning house with coaches and staff

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Jan 1, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    who would you guys like to see as each coach?? i only know i would want john gruden. but i know we need a really good LB coach

HC-
    OFF Cord-
    Def Cord-
    DB cord-
    DL-
    LB-
    ST-

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    I want no part of Jon Gruden - and I truly question argument anyone has that would favor bringing him in besides the rather empty "He's a winner" argument. The guy's not a good coach, he doesn't develop talent well, he doesn't make good adjustments, and his gameplanning is pretty mediocre.

But I'll try to keep this as realistic as possible (i.e. hires that could actual happen):
    HC- Vic Fangio/Chuck Pagano (fact remains it's in our best interest to stick with a base 3-4 but implement more hybrid looks given how often this "passing" league requires teams to go into nickel packages); Mike Zimmer as a 3rd option (and yes, he is capable of running and has run a 3-4 in the past)

OFF Cord- Ken Zampese (Shifting to more of a West Coast offense varietal plays to Rivers strengths better and places less pressure on us to have to have a stud, prototype #1 WR while still allowing us to maximize Gates' talents; that said Zampese's scheme, if I'm correct in assuming it's very similar to his father Ernie's, is not pure WCO, there are Coryell tendencies to it and it's an aggressive WCO that emphasizes making plays in space and getting the ball out quickly)

Def Cord- Peter Hansen (if Fangio; the guy knows Fangio's defense as well, if not better than Fangio does)/Butch Davis (if Pagano; call me nuts but as a strictly DC, the guy is good and he has ties to Pagano)/Jeff FitzGerald (if Zimmer)

DB coach- Gill Byrd (bring him home!)/Rocky Seto/Sam Madison (Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship graduate)

DL- Brendan Daly (I'm not opposed to keeping Johnson, but I feel like we could do better)

LB- Junior Seau (Our LB's are young and need development, they truly would benefit a great deal from a relatively recent former player being there to be the guy working with them and putting them through the paces on a daily basis - Junior was pretty much an on-field coach to begin with)/Michael Barrow

ST- BiSaccia or Bobby April

OL - Willie Roaf/Dermontti Dawson (if we can't get Houck back again I want a guy who teaches a nasty blocking mentality; and Roaf actually does have some limited coaching experience, Dawson has participated in the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship with the Bengals and has ties to both Zimmer and Zampese)

• Like Like x 2
  3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    alright that is one of the best list ive seen, seau would be my favorite linebacker coach, i think if he was our LB coach, we could draft Brfict and make him OLB. Seau could tame him

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +885 / 5 / -0
    Didn't Pagano get picked to be an assistant coach at UCLA?

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    i rather be in the nfl and make more money than college

6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    It's not a matter of taming Burfict... well it is, but Burfict's instincts are flat out terrible and you can't teach instincts. He's basically a bigger Taylor Mays... literally. Someone's going to waste a high pick on him (probably a high 2nd) and he'll be on his second NFL team before his 24th birthday, at minimum.

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    His brother John (our former LB coach) did. Chuck, however, is still in the NFL as the DC of the Ravens.

8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    idk i wasnt a burfict fan, but the more i watch tape of him, he's an effective blitzer, i mean i watched several times against Oregon and USC. where he perfectly timed the blitz and disrupted the play. i would only want him at OLB. i wouldnt touch him if we left him at ILB