1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm BAAAAAAACK!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lightning's Girl, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,147 / 5 / -0
    Just thought I'd let y'all know I didn't drop off the face of the planet. ;) And I'm so ready for some football, I'm about to get UNready!!

As we all know, the offseason sucks, but mine was a real beeyotch---got sick last winter and stayed that way for months, and then I got depressed on top of being sick and tired. Turns out I have diabetes. I don't have to take insulin, at least not yet, but I am taking pills and trying to learn how to eat properly. Yeah, me---a nurse who should've known what all those symptoms meant, and I went stupid and had to re-learn diabetes care as it applies to ME.

Six months after my diagnosis, I'm still figuring out how to stick to a #@&!! diet, and I'm still confused as to why my blood sugar shoots into the stratosphere when I eat something so innocuous as oatmeal---OATMEAL!! But other than that, life's good, and I'm about to become an empty-nester since the youngest boy is finally flying the coop. Looking forward to another season of football, fun, and BoltTalk!! :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    Welcome back! We are all glad the offseason is over! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    Glad you're back LG!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Welcome back LG!

Hell, I'm back too for that matter...but not to detract :p

• Like Like x 4
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    LG- glad to see you back. Sorry about the health issues - it's been a rough year in this direction too. Lost a couple of friends to cancer, wife just spent a month in the hospital & that ordeal isn't over yet.

Hey BoltFanDC - we going to NY again this year? I'm up for a little jousting with Jets' fans. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back! I'm still kinda half-here, half-gone. :barefoot: You are a great writer and poster.
    The lockout made all our hiatus too long...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,147 / 5 / -0
    Thanks, y'all. I'm looking forward to the season now and can't WAIT to get going!!! For the longest time it was looking more and more like there wasn't going to even be a season, or at least not a full one, and I stayed away from the forums because all I was gonna do was piss and moan about football (or the lack thereof). I almost volunteered for an activity at church which would've required me to be there for about three hours every Sunday because there wasn't going to be football......now it'll be back to wrestling with God and the NFL every time there's a televised game starting at 10 AM. (Oops....better remember to mention that the next time I go to confession. :D)

8. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Don't take it too hard LGirl... I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 yrs ago. Sucks big time. I don't usually take my meds, just watch what I eat. Still, my blood sugar spikes every so often. My personal best was 432... can we say Karo Syrup? Hope you find a diet that works for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,147 / 5 / -0
    Well, I can honestly say I've never had a blood sugar that high that I know of, but I've taken care of people in the ICU who had sugars in the 1200 range. Talk about your Karo syrup! Of course, they were completely out of it and we were dialing their insulin IV drips up and down every 15 minutes.....that is some territory neither of us would EVER want to explore. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  10. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Princess Diana, back from the dead. And claiming to belong to lightning, to boot!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with that?

• Like Like x 1