1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

In Memory Of... Pet Memorials

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Boltage Bimbo, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I'm starting this thread for all the animal people on this forum who have lost pets who were very special to them. A place to share favorite memories and pictures so everyone can see just how special that pet was and a place for others to offer some words of comfort to those going through it.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    This week has not been a good one for my family. After 12 wonderful years, on Feb. 19, 2008, our beautiful dog Harley lost his battle with cancer.

Harley was truly a special dog. He was a best friend, a playmate, a protector, a clown and a bed warmer. But most of all, he was a huge part of our family that was taken far too soon. We will always miss him and are better people for having known him. :flwers:

This is a link to a memorial website page with more stories about him.

http://www.ilovedmypet.com/harleymemorial

:flwers: :wub: :flwers: :wub: :flwers:

Attached Files:

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I thank you very much for your sharing with us your love of your very best friend indeed. may Harley cross the Rainbow bridge and have other friends to play with.

May Harley chase as many cats as he wants now. He has earned it and then some. Because where he is at right now. :tup:

I am giving you my condolences here and here it is.

I am sorry for your big loss way too soon but let time heal your wounds from your heart and spirit. :(
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sorry for your loss, sweetie. I can't even think about losing my big lug. :no:
  5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Please accept my condolences for the loss of your beloved Harley.

Take all the time you need to grieve for your pet. I don't care what "society" thinks, losing a much-loved animal isn't like losing a member of the family, it IS losing a member of the family. Some of the most keenly painful days of my life have been ones on which I held a longtime family cat in my arms as the vet gave the injection that ended his or her suffering. I only hope that there IS really a Rainbow Bridge where we will all meet again someday.

I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    So true. I've lost some great furry friends over the years. When my Rottie goes I'm gonna be one sad, sad SOB. :icon_sad:
  7. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all so much for your thoughts. I really helps to know that there are other people who care as much for their pets as I do. If only everyone would care that much.

Thanks Again :flwers:
  8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, charger-girl. My dog is the light of my life, and I can't even grasp the thought of losing him. I am very sorry for your loss. :(
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Charger-girl. After losing a few pets that were the light of my life, I haven't been able to get THAT close to my pets... even this adorable new guy in my avatar. It's a protective mechanism I guess. I hope I can get over it.
  10. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...What a thoughtful idea to offer this Pet Memorial.. Chargergirl. I'm an animal lover and have three dogs all of them adopted or rescued. I wonder at times if the loss of an animal is so intense because their love is so unconditional. They only want to please us, be by our side and strive to do everything in their power not to disappoint us. Humans as a whole are so flawed in comparison..but I'll not go there.

My heartfelt condolences to you and everyone whose life was touched by your Harley. Our words certainly won't ease the pain but be sure our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

:flowers::flowers:
  11. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

All the well wishes are much appreciated though this thread was not just started for my Harley. I started it so everyone could post pictures and share stories of best friends lost as well. It is a thread for us all to honor those who have given us so much.

Thanks again :flwers:
  12. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    After 4 1/2 years, I still miss my little girl.

CASSIE 26 APRIL 1990 to 07 OCT 2003

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lightning's Girl

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Awwwwwww.......what a cutie!

I'm sorry she's gone. Losing pets is SUCH a downer.:icon_sad:
  14. Game123

Ratings Received:
    +97 / 0 / -0

Yes, but I consider myself the lucky one. She was such a blessing.
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    [​IMG]

Our little lady didn't make it through the night - at approx. 10:20PM on our way to the Pet ER she passed away in the arms of her "papa" Mr. Sydalish.

Amber was a sweet and dainty kitty, her little meow was always followed by a thunderous purr and lots of love. She was often found sitting on Mr. Sydalish's monitor napping while he worked or basking in the sun the way only a kitty can.

RIP
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Game123

Ratings Received:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for your loss. Be thankful for the time you guys had with her. God Bless.
  17. Lightning's Girl

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    I'm sorry, Syd. Your Amber was certainly a beautiful little cat. She's not suffering anymore, but I know you'll miss her. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.:icon_kiss:
  18. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Well as of about 2 weeks ago it has been officially a full year since we had to say goodbye to our best friend. It has definitely been one of the hardest, longest years of or lives. He will continue to be missed dearly and will live on in our hearts forever.

Until we meet again Harley, we love you. :flwers::flwers::flwers:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Sad news from the Sutter house. Our beloved Scooby passed away Thursday night in his sleep. Though totally heartbroken, we are relieved to know he is with Harley now in a better place and that he no longer suffers. He will be greatly missed and remain in our hearts forever.

285057_292821400818276_780625771_n.jpg 73906_292821484151601_688471134_n.jpg 564836_292821490818267_222337386_n.jpg
  20. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    :( so sorry for your loss BB. It's always hard to say goodbye to our fuzzy little family members. *hugs*

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sorry to hear this, BB. Hugs.