1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It's now legal to download free music via file sharing.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HollywoodLeo, Jan 27, 2008.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,590 / 29 / -1
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article3261591.ece

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    very cool

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    None, and I mean NONE of the pay for download sites (iTunes, emusic, Rhapsody, etc.) ever rip the music properly. So most of it sounds like crap.

For my own CD's I use Audio Grabber with the LAME plug-in and rip at 320k. Sound is close as you can get to CD quality.

This says that Microsoft is one of the advertisers. Since the files contain DRM, and at the moment are incompatible with the iPod, you can bet the files are in WMA format. A format that the iPod doesn't support.

And for this article to say "while the iPod is the most popular music player, it has not succeeded in dominating the market" is also wrong. When one company sells over a third of the market's digital players, that IS domination. The remaining percentage is a mix of several different companies.