1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jackson: No word from Chargers on new deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/25/jackson-no-word-from-chargers-on-new-deal/

HONOLULU — A little business in between the fun here in Hawaii …
    [​IMG]
    Vincent Jackson is all smiles Wednesday during Pro Bowl practice. (Marco Garcia/Associated Press)

While reports suggest A.J. Smith now is “comfortable” exploring a long-term deal for Vincent Jackson, the Chargers wide receiver said he has yet to speak to the general manager himself.

“There hasn’t been any communication as far as contracts go,” Jackson said after Wednesday’s Pro Bowl practice. “If that’s their feeling, that’s great. I would like to stay in San Diego. Obviously, that’s my home, that’s where I was drafted. I’ve got some good guys around me -– Philip Rivers (Antonio) Gates, Ryan Mathews. It would be a great place for me to stay, so we’ll see if that works out.”

Jackson, who earned $11.4 million this past season as the team’s franchise player, said he’d prefer to avoid the tag again.

“That’s something that’s out of my control,” he said. “I can’t concern myself with how that goes. I’d love to have a long-term deal, just to have security of where you’re going to be for a while. That’s a decision that they have to make.”

In the meantime, Jackson, like everyone else, is just happy to be in Hawaii.

“This is beautiful,” he said. “It makes California seem like Colorado right now.”

– Aron Angel

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    I have to wonder. Does this mean that Jackson has not spoken to the Chargers but his agents have. Or does this mean that the silent treatment is on going...

It would be nice to get some sort of sence of urgency from AJ in regards to retaining our good players ever now and again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    The Super Bowl isn't even over yet. Plenty of time to negotiate a contract, if that's what is going to happen.

Hey VJ, yes, you want to stay here in San Diego. There are no Pacific Beach-type bars in Buffalo. :)

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    Dunno how many times the team has to say it - no major player personnel decisions are going to be made until after the Super Bowl. If he still hasn't heard from them by March - then it's a story.

5. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +230 / 1 / -0
    I don't think much will happen with VJ until the Chargers know whether or not 60% of their offensive line will be retiring / physically unable to perform next season. Once the 2012 roster bonuses start hitting (late Feb / early Mar ?) things should start gaining momentum.

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    Syd's right: Nothing needs to happen now.

Down the road though...VJ's a man of spectacular talent.

A.J.: PAY THE MAN!

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    AJ has a plan, he just lost the details in that double super duper can't be found place. As soon as he finds the plans things will get rolling.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Making sure that he doesn't tear an ACL in the pro bowl first. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
  10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Good find thanks. Acee sums up my thoghts in this paragraph:

AJ needs to start understanding that while he does not have to be warm and fuzzy, if good players are wanted here in SD HE AJ Smith needs to start making players KNOW they are wanted here. His 'my way or the highway' act has worn so thin it is threadbare! The word is TEAM, that goes for the FO as well, time AJ started being a team player!

• Like Like x 4
  11. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings:
    +143 / 3 / -0
    They need to lock up VJ for a few more years. If they can't/ won't do this then all this crap about "doing what it takes to win a championship" coming out of the mouth of Spanos is nothing but horse manure.

• Like Like x 2