1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

James Harrison refuses to go to the White House.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Helljumper, May 17, 2009.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8
    It has happened.

http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/2008/04/01/mtcarmelregister/news/news3.txt

http://caveat.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/3/14/2805154.html

All dogs are capable of attacking. All dog breeds have attacked. Educate yourself on the matter at hand...

2. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    Word!!!!!!!!!

3. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    That is not true!!!!!!!!

I am a professional trainer of people and their dogs and 99.9 percent of the time it is the dog owners fault for the behavior of their dog. Pits bite but so do all other breeds of dogs that is how dogs protect themselves. The main reason you hear about the so called pitbull more than other breeds biting is because of the damage they are capable of inflicting on a person or other animal. Look at the site below because I believe who is doing the poll that determines what the ratios are. At one point in the US the Cocker spaniel was the most prolific biter but you didn't hear about the bites because they were not as severe as a mastiff or shepherd type breed might be.

And yes I have heard of and seen severe bite damage by a Golden Retriever, but it not the norm because they are bred to have a soft bite for their purpose of bird retrieval.

I am a former police officer K-9 handler and I have been working in the dog community for approximately 29 yrs. I have been a professional witness in court on vicious dog cases.

http://www.trivia-library.com/a/9-dog-breeds-that-bite-the-most.htm

• Like Like x 2
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8
    Are you really that dense? Who said that Golden Retrievers are as dangerous as Pit bulls? I believe that you asked if Golden retrievers ever attacked children.

They have. So now you decide that you want to spin it as if I am saying something I am not. Typical Matilack style...

Line of work, so what is your line of work? Other than acting like a child on the internet, and calling names when ever anyone disagrees with you, which is about anytime you post something...

Again, I invite you to educate yourself on the subject at hand. Also to try and conduct yourself in a grown up manner and try and have a conversation without trying to lamely insult anyone you disagree with...

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Please can you not resort to the personal attacks and keep on topic. It will be much appreciated.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    QFT :tup:

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    You guys are right, the media pundits, and general public alike are prejudice vs. Pit bulls, which is why only their attacks are so well documented, and so often occur.

Looks like James Harrison is yet another ****** breeder who shouldn't have a dog. If he had purchased any other breed, it would have happened regardless. Years and years of training genetic components to naturally evolve has nothing to do with it. Harrison is the bad guy here, not that poor pooch that was forced into a life of potentially violent incidents.

Forget the fact that these animals seem to target weeker specimens. As you don't hear about adult males with strong physique attacked and battered often. Nope just little kids and the elderly. That shows no characteristic trait whatsoever.

For every professional trainer that argues one side, I'm sure there are plenty that argue the other.

8. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    Bolt - that's not just a pit trait. Or even a dog trait. Hell, even humans do it - it's a base instinct of most living creatures to prey on the weak(er) or the feeble.

Like bully's on the playground who pick on the less athletic nerdy kids.

Harrison isn't just "another ****** breeder who shouldn't have a dog" but a parent and dog owner who made a mistake.

The message some are failing to acknowledge here that WY was pointing out is that all dog breeds bite but what makes some dogs more notable than others is the physical capability they have to cause bodily harm. Chihuahua's are very often known to bite, but how many times do you think someone has been mauled to death by a 3lb chihuahua? Dachshunds have been known to have poor temperaments with children, especially if they have been in the family longer than the child has.

As a pet owner, you need to be aware of your own personal circumstances and the dog you own. It's your responsibility to manage the situations appropriately, to exercise your dog appropriately, to be aware of your pets characteristics, attitudes and tendencies. That is something that gets lost in the shuffle of blame when someone gets hurt. Some breeds require more work than others, some individual dogs require more work than others. Not putting in the necessary effort to care for and understand your dog doesn't make you a bad person necessarily but it's like playing Russian roulette.

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Its cool Syd, honestly its Sunday, its raining, I just wanted to argue :p

10. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category

and you also have a small child please take this as a warning.

Don't leave your dog with the child unattended under any circumstances.

Only a little moment was enough for the following to happen.

See the photo below

View attachment 1427

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    :lol: :tup: :icon_toast:

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I just hope that my little "mutt/terrier" doesn't bark anyone to death. :lol:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    This thread has gone in many directions BUT what it all comes down to is that some people are angry at Harrison cause he's not head over hells for Obama. THAT'S ALL!!!

A famous black man that wouldn't give all his teeth just to kiss Obama's ring is too much for Obama's followers to grasp. They can't believe that their agenda didn't rid our county of what they call "Uncle Toms."

So now they must demonize Harrison and let it be a warning to anybody else who isn't willing to crawl up Obama's *** and die.

14. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0

I agree. Why in the hell does anyone care what some sports figure does in the political arena? If he were running for political office, it might be a different story. I think the story about Obama refusing to meet the governor of Nevada, Jim Gibbons, is more relevant than a fluff piece about Harrison/Obama. This is just another reason print media is in decline... little or no substance equals no newspaper subscribers.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Word.

That is the crux of the biscuit for me, too.

Leave my boi Vick alone, H8er. :icon_twisted:

Best post of the thread. Well, enormo's was good, too.

Wow. Still arguing this topic, huh? And I see that Mr. "I didn't do anything to provoke an attack" is still throwing around his expertise.

You go, girl. And yes - anything I say here I'll say to your face. :yes:

Nice. :lol: