1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jets Cut Tebow: Do you think McCoy would even consider?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 2 / -1
    As Tebow's former OC, wonder what McCoy thinks about his availability. Is he weighing the pros and cons and wondering what Tebow might bring to the table (aside from unleaven bread and sacramental wine)?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    God let's hope not. We are already going to have a huge distraction with the Te'o crap every week.
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Just say no to Tebow
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,374 / 36 / -16
    The goal being to become even more of a circus than the Jets were? :eek:

No.png
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Tebow couldn't beat out McKenney or whatever his name was for the starting job. He's clearly not worth a roster spot.
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 44 / -6
    As a backup to Rygina or a TE??
  7. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    I say bring him in to play left tackle.
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,545 / 7 / -2
    Move him to safety.
  9. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    Other than adding a new tent to the circus we already got with Te'o, I would have no issue taking a flyer on Tebow if he understands he would be coming on as a TE\HB hybrid. Very athletic big kid who could probably be one of the best TE's in the league if he worked at it.
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,291 / 12 / -5
  11. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    Exactly what was mentioned, if he wanted to convert to a tight end I'd say yes, I'm sure McCoy hated coaching Tebow.

Also I do recall Rivers and Daren Smith talk about Tebow and used QB in the same sentence and couldn't help but laugh hysterically (not in a way to make fun, but one couldn't keep it in any longer)
  12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Since Te-Blow keeps insisting on playing QB and refusing to change positions, it is a completely asinine idea to even consider for a single second.

As for McCoy, from everything I heard the last couple years, McCoy was not the one who wanted him in Denver, it was all McDaniels. McCoy just had to make the best he could out of a terrible player
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BOLTZILLA

BOLTZILLA Fan-For-Life

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Probably won't happen, but here is why it would make sense from a pure football standpoint....bare with me on this.

What is the one thing no defense in the NFL has to worry about with Rivers? He isn't going to break containment and run (RGIII)...With Tebow in the backfield behind Rivers, he (Tebow) becomes a threat. You have to have a plan for that. Now imagine this look for an offensive series...

Spread offense:

Brown, Floyd, Alexander, Gates, or Woodhead....then Tebow as a FB behind Rivers! Now Rivers can read the defense pre-snap. Hand the ball off to Tebow, let the field stretch out and let Tebow choose...throw to an open reciever, run with the ball (option). Or yet, Rivers keeps the ball, Tebow becomes our 2nd screen option, or fall underneath in coverage. It would be a nightmare for a defense to game plan for so many options. It's a nice look for Rivers who is not mobile. It would slow down some defenses. Remember the good old days when LT would fake a run, then throw the ball for a TD? Tebow can do that too, maybe better that LT...

Also with Tebow occassionally in the backfield he can at least shore up some extra protection on left side, then sneak out into that short 5 yard area for a quick catch and run for that first down. Creativity that keeps Defenses honest will help us. Just a thought, again probably won't happen, but if it did, he could actually help us win. I's not as crazy as it seems...

Don't kill me guys...just a thought.
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Unfortunately, Tebow has refused to play any position other than QB for both the Jets and Broncos. The Broncos tried to convert him to TE/H-back and only traded him because he refused, then he did the same thing for the Jets.

So while the idea of "Tebow as a FB behind Rivers" sounds ok in theory, as long as Te-Blow refuses to play any position other than QB, he will be run out of the NFL, as he should
  15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    just an educated guess, but my money is on Tebow would choose to run?
  16. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I think that Boltzilla is actually on to something, but don't think Tebow would want to come in under those circumstances. The kid wants to be a QB and that simply isn't going to happen in San Diego as long as PR17 is here.
  17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 29 / -1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    It simply isn't going to happen anywhere in the NFL
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    Perhaps once he gets no offers from any team in the league, he realizes he'd prefer to be a TE / H-back with his old pal McCoy.

If this was the case, I'd give him a training camp invite, see what he's got, low risk move that could turn out to be a moderate success.
  21. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    What the media never quite shows is that Timmy has more than a little bit of ego on him. Reports I've read have indicated that he has refused a move to a position like TE or FB numerous times and only really accepted the S/T role he was plugged into in NY because it still offer the potential for him to throw the ball and because of the tenuous QB situation ahead of him on the depth chart.

Moreover, I'm not entirely certain Tebow wasn't forced upon McCoy. MM made due with what he had and made chicken salad out of chicken flavored canned cat food. The only reason I could see them having any interest in Tebow is the "he's a football player who plays for love of the game" mentality they're obviously trying to inject as the new culture of this team - however, if he's truly one of those guys then he'd be willing to make the position change if requested (which it has been several times over by now).
  22. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    The only reason I can think it would be worth it is it might take the focus of the media eye during camp off of Te'o which would be beneficial to the guy. Sacrifice a virgin to the media, so to speak, for the benefit of the guy who actually has potential to improve this team.
  23. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 2 / -1
    Tebow > Whitehurst to give us a chance to win games if PR goes down for extended period?
  24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Three words, no!
  25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Of course, it would only be fun to make a rhyme out of it, to have Tebow and T'eo on the same team. See? You can't help but laugh at the thought...
    Besides, I have already heard that the Lingerie Football League has extended an invitation to Tebow through his agent to be the QB coach for the league.... Any thoughts on that?
  26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,430 / 19 / -4
    I just wanna see ESPN/NFLN/CBS/Sky One/BBC Sport like buy out three hotels in mission valley, build a big *** stupid studio and just lose their minds
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    He's a class act. Wherever he goes, I wish him the best. I will admit that if he winds up playing QB anywhere, I will solidly root for him to surprise and win many games. I love Tim TEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOWWWW

EDIT: First post in a year, I believe, and it's for Tebow, of all people. Off to a Te'o thread
  28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He is a complete phoney and a media whore. Good people do good things without needing recognition, something Tebow doesn't do
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    If all the past years of championship-less sports hasn't made it perfectly clear, God hates San Diego. Tim Tebow isn't going to change that, no matter how tight he is with the Big Guy.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261 / 4 / -2
    So you have some sort of inside information on what "good things" Tebow has done both with and without recognition? How many "media whores" do you know who have parents that are missionaries who repeatedly took their five children to a Third World country so they would gain empathy for those less fortunate and an appreciation for what they have?

Of course you're fully entitled to your opinion, but ripping on Tebow is easy and popular. Truly finding out whether he is worthy of such ridicule... not so much.
    • Like Like x 2