1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jets Cut Tebow: Do you think McCoy would even consider?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    The same missionaries that only help people if they convert to Christianity and listen to propaganda?

If you lived in Denver, you would realize that he was on the local news for his "charity" on a weekly basis when truly good guys like Rivers, Brees, and even Peyton who all do the same stuff but don't have their PR guys calling the local news to get their face on TV. They do it because they believe it is the right thing to do, not to get recognition like that phoney Teblow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    I'm telling you, all we need to do is build the second circus tent next to Te'o's and Tebow mania can run crazy against Te'o mania!

3. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 5 / -3
    I must say that I am impressed by your knowledge of how missionaries operate and who's a "good guy" and who's not. Not to mention your amazing insight as to the motivation behind such endevors. How can I possibly argue?

I'll let my original statement stand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    What the f_ck are we talking about here?:roflmao:

The only thing that matters is can he play QB? I could care less if his mother gave virgin birth to the kid, can he complete a simple slant pass with consistency? Can he read his progressions? Is he a threat to throw the ball? Is he a leader?

I'd say he's 1 for 5 with those questions.....which ironically about what you can expect his completion % to be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -1
    You owe me a new keyboard LBC. Just blew coffee out my nose. :)

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    Can't tell if you're claiming that Tebow's a leader at the NFL level...or born of a virgin birth... (?)

Leader of Leaders.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +529 / 13 / -3
    Just stop the madness.

I love Tebow, I'm a believer in his craft. But not here. He could run with the 49ers, Seahawks or Redskins, who might look to protect their QB more, let Tebow run the option for them to help protect their QB's.

Wouldn't be surprised to see New England take a stab at him, Belicheck loves him -- and when he played for Urban Meyer at Florida. Went as far as having dinner before the draft with him and Meyer. McDaniels is also over in New England, and he drafted Tebow.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    I think there's a place for Tebow in the NFL - just not at the QB position. He has some interesting intangibles for sure and if he's smart (and lucky) he'll find a team who can put those skills to use and he'll allow them to label him as something besides QB on the roster.

Do I think that place is SD? No.

As for the religious stuff - I really don't give a crap what he believes so long as he's not forcing it others - like previous posters have said, plenty of high-profile players do great works within their communities and even outside of them - that's awesome but it means jack on the field.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Devo

Devo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I remember reading something along the same lines.
    McCoy did not want Tebow, but he was able to get the most out of him.

Here is why it makes no sense: You need 2 offenses; one with Tebow and one without.
    You can't run the same offense with Rivers and Whitehurst and Brad Sorensen. Those guys are statues who throw the ball well.
    Tebow is mobile but has trouble hitting the ocean from the end of a pier.
    If you bring in Tebow, he can't be a backup unless you already run some sort of zone-read option offense or something geared for a mobile QB.
    You basically need two playbooks - one for Rivers, Whitehurst and Sorensen and another for Tebow.

Screw that.

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    I didn't follow TT in college much, so I was pretty impressed by what an impressive, powerful runner
    he was in 2011. I was also surprised to see that his passing accuracy was even worse than advertised.

By draft day 2010, though, I was already pretty sick of hearing about the guy, since he was
    sucking up about 70% of QB talk, despite few scouts predicting he'd be a successful NFL quarterback.
    I also "really don't give a crap what he believes" (thanks, Syd) and have been amazed that many
    on PFT routinely accuse folks of being "anti-Christian" (!!!) just because they're not on the Tebow bandwagon.
    Okay, that does offend me. I guess that's not his fault, but he would do well to remind his more
    fanatical followers that that's not cool or appropriate.

I do feel bad for the guy...the Jets situation was ridiculous & no-win...but I'm still sick of hearing more
    about one guy (with 16 starts in 3 NFL seasons) than pretty much the 32 NFL starting QBs combined. Legit
    legends like Peyton & Brady don't deserve such disproportionate coverage, and they've accomplished much

I wish Tebow well, but there's something uncomfortable about his dominance on football sites...
    ...I still think he may find a home, and limited role, in the NFL...but the Te'o silliness will probably
    be more than enough off-the-field nonsense for San Diego in 2013.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I don't feel bad because he choose to go to NY. According to John Elway, he was given a choice of NY, where they had just re-signed Sanchez, or Jacksonville where he was all but guaranteed the starting job over terrible Blaine Gabbart.

The Jets resigned Sanchez on March 9, and traded for Tebow at the end of March. He choose to go to NY. To me, his choice just shows that he doesn't care about being a starting QB. He wanted to go to the city where he could get his face on more news papers.

That is why I say he is a complete phony. He claims that he wants to be a NFL QB, but when given the opportunity to do so basically in his home town, he turned it down to go be a backup in NY.

And Tebow confirmed what Elway said:
    http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nfl...onfirms-picking-Jets-over-Jags?blockID=696392

12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    When I don't really know the behind-the-scenes reality (and I have no way of knowing
    what the Jets may or may not have promised TT, re. QB opportunity) my policy is to
    give a guy the benefit of the doubt. Anyone. TT included. I'm probably more of a detractor
    than a TT fan, but I'll leave the phony/not phony argument to those more invested in it...
    I really don't try to follow the guy closely enough to have an informed opinion. Whether the
    NY situation was or wasn't mostly his fault, it sucked for him as a player
    (and has seemingly killed his current viability in the league, if the Jets couldn't get a 7th for him!).
    I just think that PFT, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. should put the guy on a back-burner until he proves he's a significant force in the NFL...(which I obviously doubt will ever happen)

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I don;t care what they may have said behind the scenes, fact is, he chose to go there less than a month after they had just given Sanchez a contract that had guaranteed money for the 1st 2 years. So any halfway intelligent person had to know the chance of being the QB there was slim.

As for the rest, I agree. I hope the next time I hear from him it has nothing to do with the NFL and I expect it would be when he is running for the house of reps on the tea party ballot

14. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 5 / -3
    Yes, why concern yourself with the actual details? It's so much easier jumping to conclusions and making sweeping judgements from afar.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +901 / 5 / -0
    The Mile-High Messiah... But he can't hit the ocean from a pier, probably because the water keeps parting...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Its easy to come to conclusions when the evidence clearly points out one thing or another and in this case, it is clear. He choose to be a backup rather than a starter

17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    The 33rd team breaks the ice!

Tebow Gets An offer.png
    http://www.beeffootball.com

Now, I'm sure that some of the more posh, prim, fancy-man dandies will look down their thin noses, and "poo-poo"
    this heartland offer, as being beneath the dignity of the once high-and-mighty Sir Timothy Richard Tebow, Esquire.
    But my 'umble upbringing taught that any honest ($75) paycheck was more honorable than being young, healthy & jobless

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He can make a lot more from lobbiests when he runs for congress

19. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -1
    Official answer is in:
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 1, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
    Tuesday saw quarterback Tim Tebow become a free agent, after no team claimed his contract on waivers. It also saw the parade of teams not interested in Tebow grow by at least two.
    Appearing on XTRA 1360 in San Diego, G.M. Tom Telesco faced the Tebow question.
    “Tim Tebow is out there,” one host said. “Would you guys ever?”
    “Ever what?” Telesco said with trepidation in his voice, sparking laughter from the two hosts.
    The host then explained himself. “Would you guys think about it, possibly bring him in for a visit?”
    “We’re really happy with the two quarterbacks we have, and we drafted one in the seventh round that we think has developmental upside, so we’re happy with our three quarterbacks right now,” Telesco said.
    In other words, “No.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/chargers-vikings-not-interested-in-tebow/

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Good, now hopefully people will just stop talking about this clown and SD in the same sentense

21. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Philippines is 95% Catholic. Missionary work is akin to what NGOs do. Just 'cause Tebow sucks at being a NFL QB doesn't make him a clown. If that were the case, we are all clowns then. Unless we got NFL caliber QB's prowling this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He isn't a clown because he is a terrible QB, he is a clown who just so happens to be a terrible QB

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    He was on Scott and BR this afternoon, when asked about Tebow he said over and over again "we are happy with the QB's we have on the roster". When asked, what if you only had to consider him as a player and not a QB, he said " we are happy with the players we have on the roster"

He wants nothing to do with Tebow, nor did he in want him in Denver. He was stuck with him by Josh McDaniels

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    By the way, here is the link to listen to the interview if anyone is interested
    http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/97005.mp3

25. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    We have our own Te'obow.