1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kiper Jr Latest Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 17, 2014.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    Anthony Barr
    San Diego Chargers (9-7)

COLLEGE: UCLA
    Class: Sr
    HT: 6-4
    WT: 255
    POS: OLB
    [​IMG]

Analysis: I also see cornerback as a possibility here, but the Chargers need another pass-rusher and Barr fits the scheme and offers the upside of a guy I once saw as a likely top-10 pick. Barr has dropped on my board and others because his senior tape didn't live up to the production, and I think he can often be too tentative in his reads and reactions. But we're still talking about a player who has shown the ability to disrupt in the passing game and his workouts didn't really disappoint, either. He's a good value here.

A top 10 talent at 25? Yes PLEASE!

57. San Diego Chargers | *Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi With the measurables of a player typically drafted much higher, Moncrief is one of the best size/speed equations in the draft, but he was inconsistent in 2013 and lands here. San Diego isn't set at WR just because Keenan Allen had a good year. The Chargers are thin behind him.

A very good WR, no complaints there. Has the potential to be a great #2 WRs.
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    That's a dream of a mock, actually I don't think I've seen a mock that I hated yet.
  3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    If Anthony Barr is there at 25, I don't think you take a second to debate.
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    I'm not a fan of Barr in the top 20, infact he's a borderline 1st round pick IMO, and just as risky as Roby in a lot of ways. But considering he would've gone top 10 last year and his 2012 tape, I wouldn't complain.

Huge Moncrief fan, love that pick. I think he's getting penalized a little because of the QB play but he's got high #2 upside. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Latimer be the pick here.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    So let's be honest if it's Barr and latimer 1-2, Charger fans will be like

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    I don't actually expect Barr to get past the Eagles, Chip Kelly loves him some Pac 12 and they need some help there.
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Evan Silva put out one where we go

25. San Diego Chargers -- Ohio State CB Bradley Roby

Roby's stock is picking up steam, so it's entirely possible he doesn't last into the 20s. He is a special athlete and covers with swagger. It's just hard to overlook Roby's inconsistent tape and technical flaws. Either way, I think he would be a value pick for the Chargers, who are the NFL's most cornerback-needy team. Shareece Wright would be their "No. 1" if the season began today.

57. San Diego Chargers -- Clemson WR Martavis Bryant

Malcom Floyd's neck injury is career threatening, and 2013 Week 1 starter Vincent Brown won't be guaranteed a 2014 roster spot. Eddie Royal is a middling slot receiver. The Chargers need a vertical stretcher to complement route-running maven Keenan Allen. Bryant is huge and can fly.

Nix went 11 to Tennessee
    ODB went 12 to NYG
    Fuller went 15 to Pitt
    Martin, Lewan, and Su'a Filo went 16,17,18
    Ford went 20 to AZ
    Verrett went 24 to Cin

Best after us were
    Easly, Lawrence, Moses, Shazier
  8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Bucky Brooks has us taking Kyle Fuller at 25, and Louis Nix at 57, that's scenario I would absolutely need a change of clothes
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1