1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lakers Take It All This Year...

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by -Scar-, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    That's funny! Sasha needs to cut that caveman hair. :lol:
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,545 / 7 / -2
    Spurs choked big time last night.
  4. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    They did, but I'm sure they're over it. All they need is 1 in LA to steal the home court.
  5. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    101-71!!!!!!

OH YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Lakers In 4 Y'all!!!!!!

In The Meantime.....The Mamba Jumps A Pool Fulla Mambas......

http://kb24.com/

:cool:
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,545 / 7 / -2
    San AntoniOWNED!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680 / 0 / -0
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -The San Antonio Spurs appear to be a tired, beaten-up team in trouble. Perhaps the fact that they just survived a similar predicament will give them hope.

Kobe Bryant scored 22 points, Lamar Odom added 20 points and 12 rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers took command late in the second quarter to rout the Spurs 101-71 on Friday night for a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference finals over the defending champions.

Only 14 of the 222 teams to lose the first two games in a best-of-seven NBA playoff series have come back to win, including the Spurs in their second-round matchup with the Hornets. But this figures to be a tougher assignment - San Antonio has to be perfect at home and win a game at Staples Center, where the Lakers are 7-0 in the postseason and have won 13 straight.

''We're confident we're a very good home team, but you hate to put yourself in a position where you're down 0-2,'' said Spurs star Tim Duncan , who had 12 points and 16 rebounds. ''One of two things is going to happen - either we're going to turn it around and make this thing into a series or we're not. We are going to go home and try and change the tide of it.''

Games 3 (Sunday) and 4 will be played in San Antonio, where the Spurs are 6-0 in the postseason and have won 20 of their last 22 games.

''The old adage is you just won the games on your home court, which is the important part, and extended the series to six games,'' Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. ''We know that. Now, nothing happens until we win on their court. And someone wins on the other team's court.''

Los Angeles had to rally from a 20-point third-quarter deficit to win the opener 89-85 Wednesday night, and didn't take its first lead in that game until the final 3 minutes. The Lakers never trailed in Game 2 - the third time in their last four playoff games that happened. After a basket by Duncan enabled the Spurs to forge the only tie, the Lakers scored the final nine points of the second quarter for a 46-37 halftime lead.

San Antonio would get no closer.

The Lakers had reason to be leery as the second half began, considering the Spurs outscored them 14-2 to begin the third quarter in Game 1 to go up 65-45.

But Bryant scored seven points in the first 2 minutes of the third period Friday night and Odom added seven more during a 20-10 run that gave the Lakers a 66-48 lead.

It was 74-57 entering the fourth quarter, and the Lakers made it a blowout by outscoring the Spurs 14-3 to begin the final period and make it 88-60.

''I think they had an off-night,'' Jackson said. ''I think they had some tired legs and I think that's what happens sometimes. You get to playing a lot of playoff games back to back, we're every other day in this situation. Kind of crept up on them, perhaps.''

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich agreed to some extent, saying: ''I think being out of gas had somewhat of an effect, but not as much as the good play of the Lakers. We definitely have to have more people playing better to get this done. We thought our last game was our best shot to get something here and just dig down and do it after the seven games (against the Hornets).''

Jackson said he expected the Spurs to be a much different team Sunday night in Game 3.

''Oh, without a doubt,'' he said, perhaps mindful of the fact the Spurs were blown out in the first two games at New Orleans before turning that series around.

Bryant made it clear he's taking nothing for granted.

''You have to take care of business,'' he said. ''Get to practice (Saturday) and work on things that we want to adjust or get better at and get ready to rock 'n roll on Sunday.''

Jordan Farmar scored a career playoff high 14 points, Derek Fisher added 11 points, and Pau Gasol had 10 points and seven rebounds for the Lakers, who shot 54.9 percent to San Antonio's 34.5 percent and outrebounded the Spurs 44-36.

''I hope the best is yet to come,'' Odom said. ''Right now, we have the mentality that we're striving for perfection, so every game that we play, we feel like we can play better. Tonight we played well, but we want to continue to get better.''

Tony Parker led the Spurs with 13 points and four assists. Manu Ginobili was ineffective again, shooting 2-for-8 and scoring seven points. He shot 3-for-13 in the opener.

Ginobili, who had started San Antonio's previous six postseason games, was used in a reserve role, as was the case most of the season when he won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award. It didn't make any difference.

''There was some thought of shutting him down for the game,'' Popovich said.

Ginobili has been hampered by an injured finger and a sprained ankle.

''I blame myself for these two losses,'' Ginobili said. ''It should be 1-1. My mind is not fatigued. I need to step up. It will be different in Game 3.''

Notes: Lakers forward Trevor Ariza was on the active list for the first time since breaking his right foot Jan. 20, and played the last 5:53 of the game. He made his only shot for two points. ... The last time the Lakers overcame a 20-point deficit to win a playoff game before the opener of this series was in Game 4 of the conference finals in 2002, when they trailed by 20 in the second quarter before rallying to beat Sacramento 100-99 on Robert Horry 's last-second 3-pointer. ... Horry, who now plays for the Spurs, shot 0-for-5 while going scoreless in 14 minutes Friday night. ... The Lakers have a 50-10 record in postseason games at Staples Center since the arena opened before the 1999-2000 season. ... Parker is the only player on the Spurs roster under 30 who is part of their rotation, while Fisher is the only member of the Lakers older than 30 who plays with regularity.
  8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,292 / 12 / -5
    Lakers up 3-1!!!!

I think I hear the bell tolling. :yes:
  10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Close game, almost blew it in the end but held on. 3-1 nice, hopefully they can wrap it up in LA.
  11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +828 / 22 / -1
    Only a few more months left in the NBA playoffs.
  12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,063 / 30 / -0
    Kobe almost singlehandedly choked that game. You could see in the post-game interview that he was really pissed at himself. That quick shot he took with less than a minute to play was a brutal decision. I'm sure he'll make up for it with stellar play in the next game.

I'm so focking over San Antonio. Most boring team in the league. They ruined the NBA for the last ten years with their boring play.

Lakers. All. The. Way.
  13. sickswonnyne

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Its been a while since i've been on but.....

GO LAKERS!!! Where did all our proud lil' Spur fans go? Ah well.
  14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I am right here.

I know that the Fat lady might be singing for the Spurs but at least they were able to get as far as they did in this season and hopefully they can do it again next season.

!!!!!GO SPURS GO!!!!!
  15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,292 / 12 / -5
    Spurs lead by 17 and lose by 8!!!!

LAKERS GOING TO THE NBA FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_toast:
  16. sickswonnyne

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    very noble. im sure that it has been great fun to have been rooting for the Spurs the last few years. Depending on what they do, maybe they can reload for another strong run next year.

But hot damn im so proud of my LAKERS!!! This year and the next few years are gonna be fun!!!
  17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Yes the age of the Spurs are starting to show. It is time to get younger for the Spurs. You are right that it is time to reload.

I think it will be the Lakers next year as well in the Playoffs and possibly in the Finals.

Right now the Lakers are unstoppable.

Congratulations on getting to the Finals. It is well earned :icon_toast:
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,545 / 7 / -2
  19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

:tup::tup::tup::tup:
  20. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +336 / 0 / -0
    One win at a time... :tup:
  21. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +336 / 0 / -0
    :tup::icon_toast:
  22. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Celtics can close this out tonite. I would love to have a good old fashioned final, and I would love to rub Pats Fans noses in it when the Lakers spank their ***.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    wow pretty sad how embarrasing yeah real revenge
  24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,292 / 12 / -5
    I don't. I want that one to go seven games and have Boston & Detroit beat the piss out of each other. Then the Lakers come in and ROLL!.:yes:
  25. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    IT"S GO TIME BABY!!!! WOOOOOO!

[​IMG]
  26. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    I've always hated Boston ever since I was a kid rooting for the Showtime Lakers. But I despise Kobe even more, so I'll be hoping for a Celtics win. Besides Garnett and Allen deserve a ring. Those guys have always been classy players.
  27. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I never had a BBall team when i was a kid...but once i moved here i went to a few games and i liked the aura of the Celtics. I was close to getting season tix for this season....but then the Allen and Garnett trades happened and the prices soared. Sux...i went to like 5 games last year. You couldn't give tickets away.
  28. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Me as a San Antonio Spurs am asking this of all you Lakers Fans.

Please root hard for the Lakers because I want no more titles to go to the Boston area. They have had too many go to them recently. I want a West Coast team to get the NBA Championship.

I will root for the Lakers to take the title of Champions.

Thank you.
  29. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    sentiment shared. g-f-y boston.
  30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I triple that G-F-Y Boston.