1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lakers Take It All This Year...

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by -Scar-, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    :yes: Go Lakers!
  2. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well... This First Quarter Shaped Up Nicely...And The Refs have been Fair So far Too..

All I Wanted...:cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Bad A S S

Ratings Received:
    +1,035 / 0 / -0

Let it go. Like a good BOLTHEAD, EMBRACE THE HATE

:bolt::bolt::bolt:
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Bad A S S

Ratings Received:
    +1,035 / 0 / -0
    One thing I would like to see is the replays of the fouls. Traveling, offensive, defense.

Just because I want to see what the refs see

GO LAKERS!!
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Bad A S S

Ratings Received:
    +1,035 / 0 / -0
    man I hate the fouls
  6. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0

Yeahhhhh I Do....But Sometimes I Just Gotta Vent On That Subject...:cool:

Me Personally I'm Lovin the Fouls Since We're Finally GETTING Calls....
  7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0

Let's see how much he's matured after this series. Especially if they lose. He's been a team player only this season and it will be hard for some folks to forget how he was a selfish, grade A cancer to the Lakers from 2001-2006. And please no more comparisons to MJ. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team during the lakers 3 peat run.
  8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0

It's The Truth....Deal With It However You May....Say He's The Worst player On The Planet If You Want...
    80% Of The World Knows The Truth....:icon_shrug::cool: You're In Denial Ray...Even Worse Is I Think You Know It...Respect That Man....He Aint Done A Thing To You To Hate Him So Much...:cool: Let You Tell It We Shoulda Been Out In The First Round..Right? Because Of This "Grade A Team Cancer"...:cool: If He Was Such A Cancer We'd Never Got A 3 Peat....But You cant Even Give Him His Props...Like Shaq Just Took Us There All By Himself Or Woulda Got It Without Kobe....

Okayyyy......
  9. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Hey I respect Kobe and his skills, he's easily top 5 in the league. Best on the planet? Not IMO. If he was a beter teammate over the years, he would be likeable. But I do respect the skills he has.
  10. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Anybody Watching The Performance kobe Is Putting On In The Clutch?....This Is What Makes Him The Best Player On The Planet....And Even Michael Jordan Has Admitted To It....You Can't Name One Player In The League Better Than Kobe....Not One...:cool:
  11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the Lakers got this one. :tup:
  12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    ok, it's official. Lakers only down by one in the series. Next game tie it up.
  13. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    OH YEAHH!!!!!!!!! And All Is Right In The Universe Again!!!!!!:cool:
  14. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    All these guys are pretty close.

1. Lebron. (he's made it to the finals)
    2. Wade (when healthy, has a championship MVP.)
    3. Paul (Not as good as yet but getting there quick)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,526 / 7 / -2
    Gee, how prophetic of me. Lakers got all the calls tonight and won. What a friggin shock.
  16. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Good win for them. But it wasn't easy and Pierce only scored 6 points.
  17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +713 / 0 / -0
    are you full of **** or what?

how about the non-call in the last 3 mins where the due had locked arms w/ Gasol (I think). we had a cub scout meeting so I only saw the first 5 and last 5 mins, but from what I saw the officiating was almost as crappy as its been last 2 games:icon_shrug:
  18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    I agree there. Kobe was knocked around like a pinball in one sequence then HE gets called for the foul? :icon_shrug:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +713 / 0 / -0
    rrep for agreeing with me!:lol:
  20. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Well...after the Celtics got every call under the sun the other night in their building, predictably, the Lakers got the better end of the officiating tonight and won. Wow...what a shock. Why didn't they just tell Pierce before the game to not bother suiting up. The NBA never ceases to amaze me. What a joke. The home court advantage for NBA teams borders on comical.
  21. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The thing that separates Kobe from almost every other superstar is his defense in my opinion. LeBron is nowhere near Kobe in that way. And Kobe is a waaay better shooter. LeBron maybe average. LeBron is a better passer and can score at will, and even rebound, and can play point even if he's bigger than Karl Malone(!), but Kobe ain't shabby at those things either. He's the #1 contender to El Kobe though.

Dwayne Wade shouldn't be mentioned with these guys. He doesn't play D very well, doesn't play PG very well, and from the moment he got in the league u could see that he has injury written all over him. AI and Wade hit the floor all the time, but AI has shown he will get up. Wade doesn't, and it'll only get worse as he ages.

Chris Paul is a STUD! He turns average players like Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic and maximizes their strengths. He plays great D (led the league in steals), but at his size, he can only guard pg's. He's a hell of a scorer, but not in Kobe's or LeBron's level. I like him a lot, and don't wanna nitpick his slight weaknesses to prove my point, but even you acknowledge he's below Kobe.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean Pau Gasol? When he threw it over the backboard? Bullsh!t call 4 sure. The officiating has been ****. Anyone read this article on thrown games that Donaghy snitches about?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bettingprobe&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yeah real sad. Takes away a lot of the fun for me now that my eyes are opened to this.
  23. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two officials fixed the outcome of a playoff series - and that refs were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.

The bombshell allegations are in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer that describes how NBA execs allegedly used referees to manipulate games.

Donaghy has pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to betting on games he worked.

According to the document, he told FBI agents, "League officials would tell referees they should withhold calling technical fouls on certain star players because doing so hurt ticket sales and television ratings."

Donaghy claims he was told two refs who were "company men" acting in the interest of the NBA conspired to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The referees allegedly ignored flagrant fouls committed by one team and "made up fouls" against the other team, which led to two of its players fouling out. The team favored by the refs won that game and the next to win the series.
  24. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0

*blows the whistle*

"Reaching Foul On ChargerRay"

1.) Lebron - 6'9", 260 lbs., Football Skills , Referee Support & No Post Game Whatsoever Or Clutch game.....But He's Close Because He Got Swept Out The Finals?...Dismissed...
    2.) Wade - One Year Wonder (<----Yeah I Said It)......Dismissed
    3.) Paul - 2 Years In The League, No Rings, Yet Compared To Kobe? Lil Early I Think:icon_shrug:..... Dismissed....

Even Tho I'm Sure You Meant Everything You Typed, That Is The Most Laughable **** I Ever Read.....Seriously, And You Put Wade In Kobe's Class Yet he Won Only ONE Ring With The Same Man You Discredit Kobe For Winning With....O.....MY.....GOD!!!!!!!

Whatever...Everyone Is Entitled To Their Opinion I Guess...:cool: However With The proper Development LeBron Seems To Be The Next in Line Of Greats..
  25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    Yeah...wouldn't be surprised if what he's saying is true. Then again, with the prison time he's facing I wouldn't be surprised if he's just saying whatever to avoid the hard time.
  26. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
  27. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Kobe is not near what MJ was. MJ will forever hold that title. Kobe could finish second like the Lakers will this year.
  28. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    I'm not discrediting Kobe's skills. Like I said he's top 5 easily. He played his role in helping the Lakers win 3 straight (there were many role players on that team with Shaq being th focal point on the team.) He tried to take that role from shaq in 2004 and shot the Lakers out of the finals. He's already one of the games all time best offensive players. But he still needs to prove himself year to year that he is indeed a complete player that can elevate his team instead of just carrying it. MJ went through it early in his career, now Kobe has his chance. But to put him at MJ's level right now is too premature.

The players I mentioned ARE very close to Kobe. They just lack the years of production and playoff experience. Like I said when Wade is 100% he is damn good. That Miami championship team was his with Shaq playing second fiddle. Anyways If Kobe leads his team over the Celtics, it will cement his name with the all time greats.
  29. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Oh ****...Boston Fan Mobbed At The Staples Center....[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCrQwTNt2fI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCrQwTNt2fI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Ay....You.....Yeah You.....Old Head......The Evolution Of Basketball Didn't Stop With Jordan....Life Goes On You Know.....Deal With It....I Know It's Tough But Deal With It....
  30. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Yeah I saw the other angle of this vid. San that these Laker fans got out of hand acting like Raider fans and now there probably will be no more viewing parties at staples.