1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lane Johnson thinks the Eagles like him at No. 4

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    Lane Johnson thinks the Eagles like him at No. 4
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
    Two offensive tackles, Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M and Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, are expected to be Top 5 picks in next week’s NFL draft. But they may not be the only two.
    Lane Johnson of Oklahoma, widely regarded as the third-best tackle in the draft, thinks he may be going to Philadelphia with the fourth overall pick. Johnson has had a lot of contact with the Eagles, both working out for them in his hometown of Groveton, Texas, and visiting their facilities in Philadelphia. And he told Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer that he thinks there’s a good chance he’ll be the Eagles’ first-round pick.
    It’s a good possibility,” Johnson said. “What they’re going to do offensively really fits what I excel at — up-tempo, zone offense. But you never know what’s going to happen come draft day.”
    The 6-foot-6, 304-pound Johnson is a former quarterback who thinks fast and moves very well for a man his size, and those are good traits for Chip Kelly’s offense. For the Eagles, fourth overall may not be too high to take Johnson.
  2. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    Stranger things have happened. If they like his potential and feel he'd be a great scheme fit for them, then why not? He comes from a bigger college than Fisher does, and perhaps you could make the argument that because of his superior athleticism that he may have the highest potential upside of any OT in this draft, even if he maybe isn't as good right now, especially if you consider he may fit better with Philly having a running QB like Vick.

The biggest early shock that I'm waiting to see is which team takes Geno Smith, it's a tough one to work out.
  3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    Makes sense if they truly feel he fits their system over the other two. This isn't the first time I heard Chip Kelly loved Johnson
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +411 / 7 / -1
    That's what I was wondering. If both Luke and Fisher are not gone by pick 4, he Eagles will take Johnson over either of those 2, that would be a surprise I reckon.
  5. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 8 / -4
    Good for them.
  6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I could very well see Geno going to the Eagles, i don't think he is worth that pick, but I think Chip being a new coach is going to want to get "His guy" and they really do have a talented roster, so the odds of the drafting this high again in the next few years, is pretty slim
  7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 22 / -3
    Listening to a interview with Lane on the radio this afternoon and he sounds to me like just the kind of blindside protector PR could use. And they could both do country stuff together.
  8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 22 / -3
  9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 22 / -3
    Ok it was the Radio tidbit I heard earlier.

Bobber... lol
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    A source told our Charlie Campbell that the Lane Johnson to the Eagles speculation is likely coming from Johnson's agent. The source said that the four players the Eagles are focusing on are Dion Jordan, Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Star Lotulelei.