1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lebron chooses Miami

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by szarmes, Jul 8, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37 / 9 / -0
  2. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 3 / -0
    After Boozer, The Bulls still have money to spend for a 2 guard; Korver, Miller, Redick. They'll beat Miami in the playoffs this year.
    I was right about the Blackhawks....

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    [​IMG]

Only Wade has ever won in the playoffs.

Lakers THREEPEAT. Bank on it. :tup:

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    They need a bench first. But with all the teams cleaning house to make cap space, shouldn't be too hard to find some legitimate backups. F*ck the Lakers, PLEASE! ANYBODY but Smell-A!

6. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 3 / -0
    That was a strange exhibition last night. I thought they should have had a camera in Miami last night to show fan reaction immediatly after the decision. I was listening to Dan Patrick this morning, and he summed it best, "it was like going 93 yards, and kicking a field goal." You could immediately tell he wasn't re-signing with Cleveland, he had a guilty look of someone who had cheated on their wife or something.

I am a Psuedo Laker fan, since we don't have an SD Team, but really have no allegiance. I'd love to see Lakers vs Miami 2011 finals.

7. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Three guys who are used to being 'the man" and only one basketball. This will end badly for the Heat.

8. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    LeBron ruined his legacy,michael jordan didnt switch teams,neither did larry bird,or magic johnson,or kobe bryant, they made their legacy withthe team they had, and thats y theyre great. the heat will not win this season, but i do think once they mature they can win, lakers still win next year

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Same as when Karl Malone & Gary Payton signed w/ the Lakers. :yes:

10. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    I disagree, Kevin Garnett left the Timberwolves to win a Championship and his legacy wasn't tarnished. At least Lebron recognized that he had a unique opportunity to pair up with a former finals MVP to get that first ring. Johnson landed with a great Kareem led team and won his first year. Bird, landed on a very good Celtics team with a winning tradition. Jordan had the toughest road of all since he had to carry a crappy Clipperslike Bulls team for years before he had the proper supporting cast. Kobe rode Shaq to 3 championships and then needed 2 - 7 footers in Gasol and Bynum to help him win a championship.

Cleveland should be happy they had 7 years. They made a run like KG did in Minnesota and fell short. Lebron is willing to give up the best possible contract for the opportunity at a Championship. The heat was simply his best opportunity to win among the teams courting him.

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
  12. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    KG is no where the athlete LeBron is, legends stay with there team no matter what, like u said jordan never gave up on the bulls, kobe didnt ride shaq by no means,we had alot of good players that kept kobe on the bench because he was unproven,yea bird and johnson landed with great teams but they still didnt leave to create a super team. i mean could u imange back in the day, if Michael Jordan,Patrick Ewing,Hakeem Olajuwon,all went to one team and made a super team it would have ruined basketball.what if larry bird would have went to the lakers and magic johnson to the celtics, their reputation would be ruined.. point blank, lebron wanted to be like jordan but didnt have the heart or the compassion jordan had for the game.legends like a challenge not a easy victory

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    Fisher ain't going ANYWHERE as long as Phil Jackson is still the head coach. Bank on it.

14. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    The just game a ton of money to Fishers replacement Blake. Fisher is looking for his last payday and if he gets offered a multi year deal, he's gone.

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    The way Lebron handled this whole thing was classless. Since he had NO contact with the Cavs owner, that just proves to me that he wanted out of Cleveland, period.

16. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 3 / -0
    Korver. The Bulls just became a problem for those prima donnas.

17. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    I agree that it was classless of him not to thank the city of Cleveland and the fans for the last 7 years. Also he should have maybe said sorry that they were not able to win a Championship while he was there. But I don't think it's classless of him to move on to another club. He helped lead the Cavs to their one and only Finals appearance, and they have been one of the best eastern teams since he came into the league. If anything he's lived up to all the hype coming out of high school. But yeah he should have not had this "The Decision" TV special, and should have made it clear from the beginning that he is moving on from Cleveland.

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    NOT SO FAST!!!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5374270

19. Chargers Own

Chargers Own BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lakers stand no chance =]