1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LLV THREE - Revenge WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Sep 11, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    LOL 40-17??

No way USC puts up 40 points on Nebraska at home.

2. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    WVU Maryland under down to 62!!!!!!!! :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    I just heard Maryland is going to play their balls out tonight

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    WOW guys read this...

Patterson, who is 9-0 against service academies at TCU with only one of those wins by fewer than two touchdowns, was scheming for Air Force even before the Horned Frogs' 34-13 loss at Texas on Saturday that got them knocked out of the Top 25.

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Hay everybody! Things have smoothed out quite a bit in the last couple days so I should be able to get back to fugging around at work and filling the pages of bolttalk & LLV. Anyways, if I can find 65.5 I plan to join MTL on the unders for tonights MD/WV game. If I may digress for a moment. Ya know I'm actually starting to like college football. I'm sure leisure will recall when I conveyed my lack of regard for college ball last year. Basically I can only plead ignorance. I have a tendancy not to care about things that I'm ignorant about. But you guys have got me so caught up in it between last year and the start of this year that I'm actually starting to learn and appreciate these teams and games. So thank ya'll very much and hopefully I can continue to gain familiarity with NCAAFB.

Moving on to what I (presume to) actually know something about...

I hate to fade MTL, but I really like Tennessee +7. These guys have been a thorn in the side of the Colts for a couple years now. They always play them really close and even without Pac Man the Titans defense is one of the most under rated in the league. The Titans have excellent coordinators and this is going to be a very tight game. I have to go with the points. :yes: I just realized this line opened at +9. I missed out big time on that one. :unsure:

I like Houston +6.5. I might take the Texans every week this year because they have absolutely no public support and they really are not a bad team this year. The lines are stacked against them because there are perenial losers. All they have to do is over achieve ever so slightly and they will cover more games than not. This one opened at +6 and I'll probably wait till the very last minute just to see if the public action will push it another .5 point (doubtful).

SD +3.5 :tup: . Like we didn't have enough motivation already. The Pats are in the greatest disaray we have seen since 2001 and we might actually catch them with their confidence waivering. Not to mention all our guys are going to be out for blood now feeling like they were cheating out of the superbowl last year. Chargers roll. Gimmie the points.

GB +1 seems reasonable. Opened at +3, so another one that I totally missed out on. But I don't think they're gonna risk Eli this weekend so we're going to see a backup QB. Brandon Jacobs is hurt so we're going to see a backup RB. I just don't like the Giants chances in this one. Not to mention the Pack beat an Eagles team that I think is considerably better than the Giants just last week.

ATL is teasable this week. Add 7 points and take them at +17.5. That's a truckload of points for the pros.

That's it for now. If I'm splitting hairs with anyone I'd love to hear why you disagree.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Great idea DOG. That was really a very interesting thread you linked to. I'm almost looking at NO -3.5 as a sucker bet. Sure they looked like crap in the preseason and week one, but only giving up 3 and a half to TB? However, judging by DD's third criteria this might not really be a sucker bet because public opinion is probably swaying against the Saints right now considering how bad they've looked. But still, TB has consistantly under performed over the last several season that this line stands out as a little odd. Other than that I think you're closest with NE as the most sucker-ish bet on the board this week.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    Reconsidering my logic I think NO meets all the criteria. It's because they've got a suspect public imaging right now that the books are "tempting" the better with this oh so attractive line. So fade it? :icon_shrug:

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Sucks because the line is now +5. At least we can wait on the ML which is what I've been doing.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    kentucky now only +5 :yes:

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    idaho is bombing **** i knew it!! gawd i think Idaho easily covers the 25.5 still

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    If you're betting Colorado isn't +5 better than +4? :icon_huh:

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I did a seven point teaser with Maryland and TCU

+23 (105)

-1.5 (105)