1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Looking For Bolt Fans to Step Up

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Here_We_Go_19-0, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Here_We_Go_19-0

Here_We_Go_19-0 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here you go Charger fans, I have been searching high and low to have some of you "Charger Fans" make a feeble attempt at an explanation of how the Chargers have a shot. Please I am waiting in the prison known as the "Smack Talk" area, and nothing... I journey to the "We love ourselves area" and get three infractions.... Lets see what you got to say.
  2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I will be your huckleberry.

Here is my feeble attempt at why I think the chargers will win.

The Patriots will have to game plan against 2 QB's for one that is feeble right there.

They the Patriots will have to deal with 3 RB's in LT not LdT Turner and Sproles another feeble attempt.

There is Cromartie on Defense that I think will be good for at least 1 INT. another very feeble attempt.

There is as well the 2 Shawne and Shaun LB's very very weak and feeble right there.

There is up and coming Weddle as a Safety one of the feeblest right there.

We got Scifres which is going to foot the feeblest attempts right there.

We got Osgood as a pea shooter of feebleness right there.

Sproles and Cromartie is doing double duty on feebleness right there.

So there is a lot of feebleness to go around.
  3. Gaffney10

Gaffney10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course the Chargers have a chance in this game. I'm a Patriots fan and I know that. Billy Volek almost scares me more than Philip Rivers because of three reasons. First, the Patriots have a past of making medicore/bad QBs look incredible (see AJ Feely, Kyle Boller). Second, Philip Rivers runs his mouth too much, and the Patriots specialty is shutting up players who talk, but don't walk. And lastly, Rivers being not 100% poses less of a threat.

Also, our run defense looks shakey one game, then the next we dominate. The game I remember in particular was against the Ravens and Willis McGahee ran for what seemed like a first down every single attempt he had.
  4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I stepped up so what is up? :icon_shrug:

Again I am your Huckleberry.

We have yet to hear back from you.

Do you want to hear more feebleness?
  5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279 / 12 / -5
    Seems you need to convince your "Here we go" friend of what you said.

Another thing to keep in mind, this isn't the same defense the Pats saw in week two. It has come a LONG way since then. Leading the NFL in takeaways proves that.

One thing we NEED to do is disrupt the Brady to Welker combo. The Jags didn't and you saw the result.
  6. Gaffney10

Gaffney10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    While I understand that this ain't the same Chargers team, whether offensively, defensively whatever, and that their turnover ratio was the best in the league, the Chargers desperately need pressure on Brady for that turnover expertise they have to even play a factor because Brady and the Patriots flat our just dont turn the ball over. Also, disrupting the Brady to Welker combo will be big, but also remember that it doesn't end their. Welker is great in the slot, but we also have Faulk who catches a lot of passes out of the backfield, and is actually one of our more valuable players, and we have Jabar Gaffney, who actually had a big game against you guys next year. The Chargers definitely have the defense to contain these guys...but it will be their biggest test in a long time.
  7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I will admitt my fear is on the Patriots end are these players.

Jabar Gaffney. He torched the Bolts in the Playoff game last year. He could do it again this year.

Kevin Faulk. He is one dangerous RB that always seems to rise to the occassion.

Benjamin Watson. A great blocking TE with hands as well for catching the ball.

Stephen Gostkowski. Nothing was lost in losing Adam Vinatieri to the Colts. Gostkowski has been Money for the Patriots this season when called upon.

That is my start but have more if needed.
  8. Gaffney10

Gaffney10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha it's funny that one of your fears is Gostkowski because he's one of my fears as well. I wouldn't know what to think if he had to kick a last second field goal.
  9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Gostkowski has not missed a field goal from 20-29 yards and also has made all his PATs as well.

Outside of 29 yards that is where there is a slip but not really. He made 8 out 9 field goals from the 30 -39 yard range. that is almost perfect.

from 40 -49 that is where I think the Chargers can help there cause in that Gostkowski is a little weak in which he made 3 out of 5 which is still good.

All in all he is Money. So he is a weapon to be feared.
  10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    The guy who started this thread is a presumptuous douchebag. We don't need to prove **** to some jackoff that comes onto our board and disrespects us. If he's too ignorant to know about this Chargers' team, then LT and the boys will just have to educate him on Sunday.

If you want to offer something resembling serious analysis regarding the game, I'd be happy to go toe to toe with you. But don't come in here acting as if the Chargers don't have a chance. That's just foolish.

One thing I don't understand. Everyone thought the Colts were going to give the Pats a good game. The Chargers beat the Colts twice, the only team besides the Patriots to beat them when they played their starters. So why do the Chargers have no chance? If anything, the Chargers match up better with New England than the Colts do.
  11. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    How long do you think we will have to wait for "Here you go 19 - 0" to respond? :icon_shrug: Damn he seemed to get scared off pretty easy:yes:
  12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    You know I have heard that for the past two weeks, the "guy who talks but dont walk"? Can someone please educate me as to why 27-8 as a starter, a 61% completion percentage, for almost 7,000 in two seasons is not walking? I mean the playoffs this year against 2 of the top defenses in the league he is 33/49 556 yards (16+ yards per completion) 4 Td's/2 Int's Qb rating of 112.9 is not walking but please you all really need to get some new info the same stuff just doesnt work anymore!
  13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Maybe three times is the charm for this.

I will be your Huckleberry.

Smack away (Here_We_Go _19-0).

This Huckleberry is more than ready.

I have all ready gave some of my feebleness.

Lets hear what a perfect season can talk about here. Let us talk perfectly.

I have stepped up, so here I am!
  14. Gaffney10

Gaffney10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he can take down the Patriots this weekend then he'll walk. But right now all I see is a QB who performs great in the regular season, but is 0-1 in getting to the Super Bowl.

In order to walk you gotta have the ring, he don't have one yet. If he wins Sunday I'll give him the benefit of the doubt even if the Bolts lose in the Super Bowl.
  15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Sorry, but this is bullshit. The guy is in his second year starting. He has two playoff appearances and a championship game appearance. It's hard to argue with his success. Perhaps you are so spoiled up there with Brady getting a SB in his first year starting that you think it's the norm, but it's not. This idea that your not an elite player until you win a Super Bowl is ridiculous. It's just a cheap and easy way to discount the careers of 90% of the guys in the league.
  16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

Billy Volek is 100 times better than AJ Feeley, or Kyle Boller. He does not deserve to be compared to them as a bad, or mediocre QB. He could be a starter on several teams in this league if given the chance (Atlanta, Baltimore, Jets, Miami, San Francisco, Carolina, just to name a few who don't have a decent QB).

Tennessee should have kept him, and NOT drafted the much overhyped Vince Young.

But I do understand what you were trying to point out in your post.
  17. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I believe Rivers is only what...25 years old:icon_shrug: Perhaps if he started his first year in '04 we would have won it all that year:icon_shrug: It's possible.

BTW Rivers is 2-1 in the playoffs:tup: not 0-1
  18. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger New Member

Ratings Received:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    That was wrong that they gave you three infractions. You should have got four. :lol:
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Where did ya go, 19-0? I'm just getting caught up on this thread, would LOVE for you to bless us with some of your infallible Yankee insight.

Cat got your tongue?? :icon_tease: Or is it stuck to Brady's nutsack?? :icon_shrug: