Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by MountainDew, Jan 1, 2009.
NyQuil for me as well! :icon_eek:
Seems I get sick now every time I fly.
Happy Happy New Year to you all!
I have been searching for my Baja Fish Taco recipe and cannot find the damn thing. Here is a recipe very similar to the one I have made in the past.
Baja-Style Fish Tacos
3 cups diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup diced white onion (I use green onions), 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and minced, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, 1/4 tsp. garlic salt, 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 1 Cup beer
1 1/2 lbs cod, tilapia or similar white fish fillets (I use cod), Vegetable oil, 1/4 to 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 12 fresh corn tortillas, 3 cups finely shredded cabbage, 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices, 3 limes cut into wedges
1. For the salsa fresca, combine ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. For the white sauce, mix ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. For the beer batter, mix flour with salt, oregano, dry mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Using a whisk, stir beer into flour mixture until blended.
4. For the tacos, rinse fish and pat dry. Cut fillets into twelve 1"x5" pieces. Pour veg. oil into a deep skillet to a depth of 3-4 inches. Heat to 350.
5. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow bowl. Coat fish with flour. Dip fish into batter and coat all sides. Place several pieces of fish in a single layer in hot oil. Cook about 4 minutes or until batter is crispy and golden brown. Repeat with remaining fish.
6. Heat corn tortillas lightly in a skillet until soft and hot.
7. To assemble, layer fish fillet, white sauce, salsa, avocado and cabbage on each tortilla. Top with a squeez of lime. Fold tortilla over to serve. Serves 6
I normally double or triple this recipe! Enjoy!:yes:
Great recipe Chelsea one after my own heart. The sauce I make is a cilantro pesto very similar. The beer batter is classic and no fish taco is correct without cabbage. :icon_toast:
All of you guy ate Chargers tossed salad. Thats what you all have in common.
I did have salad last night!
Part of the whole New Year's resulotion to eat healthier. Spinach, romaine, avocado, hard boiled egg, smoked chicken, almond slivers, tomato, cucumber, carrots, and little shredded jack cheese and non-fat Italian dressing.
As a tribute to my favorite professional football team, hence forth this will be known as the Chargers Salad (we didn't toss it).
Not my normal fare but still very good.
Going to a football party in Garden Grove this afternoon...lots of booz, ceegars, Costco platters, and tons of miscellaneous and varied kinds of junk food. I'm psyched.
Whos LT's? :icon_rofl:
hahah the fake *** ***** lost his starting position!
why did we resign this little queer again.
so we could get some old threads resurrected around here
MANY of you talked the same way about LT and you know who you are!!!
So eat MD's shorts!!! :lol:
MD being a ***** again?
Separate names with a comma.