1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT campaigning to be top fantasy football pick

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Talk' started by Deb, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    LT campaigning to be top fantasy football pick

By John Mcfarland, Associated Press Writer

LaDainian Tomlinson campaigned in Times Square, shaking hands and handing out bumper stickers. He did the talk-show circuit, saturated the media with ads and sent volunteers into the streets of major cities to deliver leaflets.

The San Diego Chargers star isn't running for office, though. He's not throwing his support behind any presidential candidates or raising any sort of awareness, either. He's actually pushing a much simpler agenda: He wants Americans to pick him first in their fantasy football drafts.

"I should be the No. 1 pick because I'm proven," Tomlinson told The Associated Press during the start of the tongue-in-cheek "LT in '08" media blitz promoting foxsports.com's fantasy games. "I've been doing it for a while and have experience helping owners win their leagues. I got a good track record, and I'll be ready on day one."

He's already the overwhelming favorite in this fake election, but his fake candidacy raises an interesting question for all the fake general managers gearing up for fantasy drafts: Does the traditional strategy of picking the top running back first still make sense considering last year's record-shattering season by New England quarterback Tom Brady?

Tomlinson believes so, and history seems to back him up. full story...