1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT clearly delighted with Chargers slow start

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 18, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Twitter / Bob Glauber: Does LaDainian take added ...

Does LaDainian take added satisfaction that his old Chargers team is struggling? "No comment," he said, grinning. "The smile says it all."

Seriously, fuk this guy. I'm over it, I don't care if he retires a Charger, he can rot in hell in the Jets HOF for all I give a damn. He was overweight, slow, couldn't break a tackle to save his life, tripped over his own feet, undermined the coaching staff, AND QUIT ON US in every big game SD ever played in.
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    Who cares?

If you're truly over it why did you post this thread?
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    This was the last straw for me, I'm over it NOW.

I still had a little love left for LT, I was happy he had revived his carrer in NY, but this type of bullshit negates any kind of affection or appreciation I ever had for the guy. Its clear to me he was never the "classy guy" he posed himself to be, and the comments by Gates and Rivers a couple months ago make a lot more sense now.
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131 / 19 / -5
    Really L.T bashing?

AND QUIT ON US in every big game SD ever played in.

Injuries tend to do that. Oh yeah and he had 123 yards against the Pats in 06 until my boy Marty started passing the ball. Obviously he's having a good year with the Jets. If you feel so much hate towards him then don't read articles on him.
  5. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +131 / 19 / -5
    He said no comment? Did you see the smile on his face? Or are blindly following this article? Not "Classy" get out of here with that stuff.
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    The article I found this in wasn't about him, it was about the "Chargers Injuries", and it was a sidenote on the bottom.

I'm just on a war path of hate lately. :lol: I can't believe that we went through the entire LT era without winning a Super Bowl, and it looks like the Philip Rivers era is heading the same direction as Dan Fouts'.
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    He said "the smile says it all". That is directly quoted.

Clearly the overrated punk is relishing the failure of his old teamates.
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    I would be smiling too if I was him.

Just saying...
  9. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +131 / 19 / -5
    Maybe its not directed to towards the players per-say more than it is a certain "Coach" and "GM". Overrated? A HOF RB is overrated? Really in what country is that?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    As would I, but it would be because my current team is 5-1 not because my former team is struggling.
  11. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    LT is still great. His play this year has proved he's still got something left.

Don't hate the man because he was right..and you know he was right.

Look at us we're 2-4!!!!!! I predicted this crap would happen in the VJ threads. Yet everyone is "staying positive".

What's to be positive about??? Losing to both our division rivals? Getting our butts handed to us in the first half for almost every game so far this year???? Not being able to finish games when we have a chance???? Getting beat by SCRUB TEAMS???? You guys stay positive, I'll stay mad!!! SCREW THIS SCRUB AZZ CHARGERS TEAM!!!!!

This year's team sucks right now. I hope they get better, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel. If we don't beat the Patriots next week I'm freaking done.

C'mon Chargers show some heart out there!!!! C'mon Norv, prepare your team and get your freaking act together. C'mon AJ sign Vincent Jackson LONG TERM!!!!!!

PROPS TO LT. Sorry it had to end badly that way buddy and sorry we blamed all our problems on you. It wasn't all your fault, it was the O-Line and Nate scrub azz Kaeding too. And our stupid azz coach and GM.
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    What he proved....is that he didn't give it his all his last few years here. He proved what he could do if he lost 10lbs and started to run angry again, he weighed in at 225 his final year here, he's measured at 215 on the Jets roster.

There is no way you can tell me our O-line was 3.3ypc bad last year. He slipped in some huge holes, he tripped over arm tackles, it took an ETERNITY for him to turn around after catching a pass.....LT was AWFUL and he publically blamed Norv and the O-line. He was a cancer, and you're all a bunch of diluded apologists if you don't believe it.
  13. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    What were Sproles stats last year?????? I seem to remember him getting stuffed just as much as LT!!!!!

I'm not saying LT played great last year, he's obviously healthier now and seems to be more over his injuries. All I can say is I'd rather have THIS YEAR'S JETS L.T. on our team rather than THIS YEAR'S OVERPAID SPROLES.

I hope we improve, I hope Sproles improves, but there's no reason to hate L.T. for taking a little pleasure in this year's Chargers team's failures after the way he was treated, by the organization, and some of the fans.

Bottom line was that L.T. was right, and AJ Smiths poor management of the team roster over the summer just exacerbated the problems.
    Especially on special teams, and the O-Line. And our coaching isn't great either, in fact it was BETTER last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On offense at least.

Also AJ if you want to make a statement about players on the team...you should have fired Kaeding immediately after the play-off loss. Make an example of that moron. He lost that game. It was on his shoulders and he didn't deliver.
  14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    Where is Sproles this year? Why are you even focusing on Sproles when he's our third string running back?

The running game is doing better this year without LT. Tolbert is averaging 4.5 YPC and Matthews is averaging 5.1
  15. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    HOW MUCH ARE WE PAYING SPROLES TO BE OUR THIRD STRING RUNNING BACK AND OUR CRAP AZZ PUNT RETURNER????
    WE HARDLY EVEN THROW SCREEN PASSES TO THE GUY ANYMORE!!!!!!

WEREN'T YOU TWO THE DUDES MOANING AND GROANING OVER PAYING VJ MORE THAN 3 MILLION, YET YOU SUPPORT SCRUB AZZ SPROLES WHEN HE'S GETTING PAID 6 OR 7 MILLION OR WHATEVER THE HECK WE OVERPAID PAID FOR THIS SCRUB?????

"Current scrub". I hope you get better Sproles. I loved you in the 2008 season. Get it back Mighty Mite!!!!
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1

How is Sproles' salary or Vincent Jackson's holdout relevant in any way to what I said?
  17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    lol u mad bro
  18. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am not letting you take me down the path of your stupid argument buddy. Not playing games with you anymore. Read what I wrote, and you will see why what was brought was brought up.

Mathews averaging 5.1/ Tomlinson averaging 5.3
    Mathews TDS 1 / Tomlinson TDS 5

'nuff said
  19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    I read what you wrote. I still don't understand what Sproles' paycheck or Vincent Jackson's holdout have to do with the conversation.

You're also assuming I'm ok with Sproles being paid so much.

Nice try, but I was comparing Mathews/Tolbert to how well Tomlinson performed as a Charger last year. you know, the same thing you were trying to do with our third string RB?

The point of contention is that it is the Chargers organization that held Tomlinson back and not Tomlinson's ability, is it not? Yet here we have two running backs performing better than LT did last year.
  20. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    And LT is performing better this year with his ability and without the Chargers organization holding him back.
  21. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well dude if your stoked with our run game. Good for you. I think it's definitely better, but we've had major ball control issues. I'm not confident in the run game. Sorry just my opinion. I'm glad for you that you are so extremely satisfied with it. I'm not.
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    Why do you insist on jumping to conclusions? Where did I say I was stoked with anything? I'm just stating the irrevocable fact that the run game is better than it was last year with Tomlinson.
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    But how do you explain his back-up and a rookie outperforming him with the same organization?

Your point-of-fact was already explained (LT's lost weight), do you have any reasoning to explain why the run-game with Mathews and Tolbert is better when nothing else has changed? Why aren't Tolbert and Mathews being held back as much as the Hall of Famer was?

Reason would dictate that if a hall of fame caliber running back can be held to 3.3 YPC because the organization's run blocking and run scheming is just that bad that a rookie and a career back up should get eaten alive trying to run in that same organization. Yet here they are outperforming what that Hall of Fame RB did last year.
  24. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    He's older. You seem intent on saying he's not as good as he was...well that's obvious. Yeah you want me to admit that. I admit that.
    But LT wasn't entirely wrong about our run blocking and coaching staff critiques either, and the fact that we always go vertical. We are still doing that more often than not.

I wanted LT to stay here as our 2nd/3rd string running back. I'd rather have him than Sproles. That was my point.
    I'm not going to hate on LT.

I freely admit that LT isn't what he used to be. Happy? You won man. Now I'm done with you dude.
  25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    The only thing I'm intent on saying is that the Chargers run game isn't as bad as it's been made out to be just because the Hall of Famer struggled last year. You can feel free to draw your own conclusions as to why he took a step back. (But, yeah, I'm sure age factored into it)

I'm sure there is some amount of credence to his arguments, but the fact of the matter is that it's not as bad as it was being painted and LT seemed hell bent on throwing the team under the bus so as to say it wasn't his fault he kept tripping over his shoelaces and could only manage 3.3 ypc.

As for going vertical, the only thing that says is that we're a passing team. And when you have Philip Rivers why shouldn't you go vertical more often?

I can agree with you on this. Unfortunately, LT didn't want to be a 2nd/3rd string running back for us.

There you go assuming again.
  26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    We, of all people, should not call LT "overrated." But ya know what, his offense is coached better for him than it was under Norv. I like that he got out of SD, good to see something like the old LT still out there flicking footballs in the end zone even if it says "JETS" on his jersey.
  27. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    LT... what?

[​IMG]
  28. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I would expect that from you, not a "classy professional" no offense.
  29. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Not to mention he went down on first contact. Every. Single. Time.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    You don't think LT is classy? Just ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you.:lol: