1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT clearly delighted with Chargers slow start

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 18, 2010.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130 / 19 / -5
    I see a Jets vs Chargers rematch in the playoffs*.

*Assuming both teams make the playoffs.
  2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    With the Chargers at 2-4, that is a VERY big assumption
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Any bigger than the two years prior?
  4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Nope. Doesn't mean the same results are in our future
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    No it doesnt. That is why I am just going to enjoy as much of the ride as I can. Hopefully it will be at least 10 games I can enjoy...
  6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Wow...This thread just shows how much of an emotional impact LT had on the fan base.

I have no problem with what LT is saying. He has the right to be satisfied with his situation v/s the Bolts.

LT is still one of the greatest Chargers of ALL TIME no matter what he says!

DEAL WITH IT!
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,138 / 36 / -21
    LT is a punk bitch who quit on this team, undermined the coaching staff, and blamed the O-line for his failures last year. He's proven what he could have done last year if he'd lost 10lbs and had any motivation. Who knows what could have become of our 13 win team if LT had been even marginally productive last year.

Maybe I'll fogive him after he retires, but right now I'm only disgusted, and would love nothing more than to see him cry like a bitch after the Chargers eliminate the Jets from the playoffs.
  8. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    sooo over him...

LOLZ
  9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I was listening to Marty Caswell on the 1090 yesterday and it was reported the Bolt O-line has issues with LT.

LT has not called nor has anyone on the line communicated with LT. Apparently, there is a rift.
  10. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Hay anyone talk to your boy Hart? You know the one you pimped as the best evah cause his girl showed up at your tailgater?
  11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I stay in touch and so what ?

Jealous ?

At least I do not stab players in the back unless I have justification.

You do not have justification for crucifying VJ and I would not blame him one bit telling you to go to hell for any interviews. As a writer, you did not give him the common courtesy nor latitude to sit out which is his right. He owes you or the fans nothing.

Nada.

Not a F'n thing.
  12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130 / 19 / -5
    You don't think him being injured early on had anything to do with that? L.T looked good in the Raiders game before he got injured same as in the opener against the Panthers. RIGHT now it looks like the only way we would face the jets in playoffs is to beat a wildcard team before getting there. Ravens and Patriots look to have the wild cards locked up*

*Yet again Assuming Ravens and Patriots get wild cards. While the Steelers and Jets both win their divisions respectable I don't see 2 teams coming out of the West this year. I almost forgot the Colts in South and their battle with the Texans. This all mean the chargers MUST win the division to get into the playoffs. All assumptions though nothing more.
  13. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Yeah, sold out for the bling. No biggie, most of us knew the way you roll over.

Funny you should mention stabbing players in the back. You have been accused of that more than any other forum go'er I know, because you cant stop from crying after every loss and calling for benchings and firings... Still Call Rivers the Chosen One, after you turned on him last season and the season before.

You have no credibility, and that you disagree with me on Vj only solidifies for me that I am correct.

Also lets discuss the hypocrisy of your 'he owes the fan nada' rah rah BS. Remember when you were on your roll about Brees and telling everyone that 'he owes the fans the truth' and that 'he lied to the fans' So how does you theory of players owe the fan nada stack up?

Flip flop horn blower, as constant as the tide...
  14. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Here are my thoughts on situations like LTs. I have been a manager for 14 years. I have had employees leave for just about every reason you can imagine. Over an employee’s career, they have times where they feel like victims, inferior, superior, grateful, satisfied, dissatisfied, resentful, entitled, not appreciated, it goes on and on. Hopefully the negative feelings are quickly alleviated, but not always.

What I can say, is I have never known a person that intentionally did not want to do a good job! I believe everyone want to perform at a high level. People have ups and downs, and they get into ruts and/or burned out.

I have always been delighted when and ex-employee finds a good job that makes them happy and successful; no matter what the condition they left under in my organization. People sometimes need change, different surroundings to re-ignite their internal energy. I think this is human nature.

Sorry for preaching, but I don’t feel LT has any substantial resentment for the Chargers. I do not feel he intentionally tried to underperform his last few years. He needed a change, and so did the Chargers. Pride is always involved, but the effects will be short lived. LT was at his best with the Chargers…he will remember that and so will the fans…just give it a little time.
  15. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0

word is bond. if youre over it why are you still crying on page 7 saying LT is a "punk bitch". maybe someday youll realize that LT has nothing against his old teammates. he hated the GM. i would caps that but its uppercase already
  16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,138 / 36 / -21
    I'm not saying LT was playing poorly on purpose, I'm saying he wasn't giving 100% of what he had, and it probably had something to do with Rivers becoming "the man" and his clear dislike of Norv Turner's scheme.

Sure enough he gets cut, he gets angry, he's loses 10lbs (215 lightest since 04'), and he's got everything from the burst too the jump cut back. That combined with the fact that Mathews is averaging 5.1ypc with the same O-line LT had last year is all the evidence I need to make that conclusion.
  17. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    What you just described is what most employees that change jobs under less than desirable circumstances go through. It does not make the person bad…just human.
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,138 / 36 / -21
    It makes him a punk for blaming Norv and the O-line for something that was clearly HIS PROBLEM. It means AJ was right to cut him, and LT has no reason to feel resentment towards him or anyone else here.
  19. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I believe any Chargers fan using their head would take Tomlinson back in an instant upon seeing what he has left in the tank. It is a shame that that relationship spoiled.

I don't know if it is the coaching, the front office, or both, but there seem to be a lot of very good players who simply don't seem to buy in to the Chargers way of doing things.

IF that way of doing things is the right way, it is best to get rid of them and move on with those who buy in. We had to get rid of Tony Gonzalez because of that, and it was very controversial at the time, but as much as I love Tony, it was the right move for the team.

If the direction of the team is not the right path, then they are losing good players for nothing. That would be a shame.

Like anything, time will tell.
  20. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    YPC are better than last year but the number of fumbles lost has increased as well....just sayin.

I will always be an LT fan and I wish him the best (not too much). How many of us have bad mouthed our former employers and have wished the company, not workers, some bad luck. I'm guilty of it. I bad mouthed my company after I accepted an offer from another one only to find out the grass wasn't as green as I thought. Luck for me I was able to return. :D

A lot of the LT bashing is unwarranted. Where would the Bolts be today had they decided to draft Vick instead of trading down to pick up LT.

I just hope our team turns it around PDQ or this season is lost!

GO BOLTS!
  21. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    I don't disagree with Charger management decision. It was time for a change! Feeling recentment is a human right! It has nothing to do with logic! It takes time to work through. In a HI media job...it just fuels the fire.
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,138 / 36 / -21
    Absolutely. If he hadn't dissed his teamates and coach, I would love to have this refreshed LT back.