1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT disgusted by Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Agreed- they're all adults, right? That said Powder- do Rivers and LT bicker like that when you play Madden '08?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You are correct. Brees did a slide thinking he would stop the clock in that game.

Hexedbolt - 1
    Conc - 0

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8
    :icon_huh:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Rivers, the Alabama native with lots of family and friends in the stands, had 37 yards passing through three quarters. He led the rally by throwing two TD passes in the final 7:29 -- the last with 9 seconds left.

"He kept getting up," said Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, who had three of Tennessee's five sacks. "He stayed after it. Especially after the fourth quarter. We knocked him down a couple times. I had him wrapped up once and he was able to get the pass off. He showed a lot of resolve at the end of the game."

Yeah, I believe that says it all. I don't care if you don't want to give Rivers any credit, that's your problem not mine.

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    I told you and I even spotted you a losing effort, nice try though.:tup:

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    That may narrow the field some.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    How hard is it ? It isn't about not giving Rivers credit it is about giving the defense and the ST credit. Scifreys , Osgood punt down on the 1yd line.

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    sorry, boltjolt didn't acknowledge matt ryan's brilliance in beating virginia tech when it mattered so I cannot acknowledge phil rivers beating tennessee when it mattered. good day to you sir.

9. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Hell never mind Rivers won the game and carried the rest of the team on his back ! Now feel better Hex ? Dam history revisionist are every where.

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    how beautiful was that?:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Great win today for our Bolts. It was great to see the team rally and pull this one out.

late all, I'm out.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    this is just a moronic statement, first, Rivers bad play was as much a fault of the Oline as his, the first pick was because he was hit (because of bad Oline play) the second one was all on him, Rivers was harassed all day. Second, It was Rivers mostly that brought this team back to score 2 TD and tie the game.

If the Oline does it's job, Rivers will do his

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Jesus, we're eating our young.

14. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    I know, if the Chargers don't win by 20+ points some people get upset, never mind there is another pro team on the other side of the ball.

**** will happend during games, the whole team played bad the first 3+ quarters, then, the whole team (D, Oline, Rivers, LT, ST, et.) played great to get a very good win

We should be happy (well, I am) but instead we're comparing LT to Moss and TO, going back to Rivers vs Brees, et. :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    Glad I passed out for a few hours.

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I too was disgusted w/Rivers...He looked like ***...That was one tough, tough game to handle...Health was in question big time!

17. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Uh, go watch the LT postgame presser on Chargers.com before buying into this Dierdorfism.

A reporter brought up the so-called "incident" between him and Rivers.

LT basically got a "WTF?" look on his face. I don't think he even remembered the specific "incident" that the reporter was referring to, but he did say (paraphrasing) that a mountain was being made of a molehill, and that Philip's tough game was due to him getting hit on every single play, and anyone (and especially LT) could see that.

As he was walking away from the podium and Rivers was walking on, LT grasped PR's shoulder and said, "I love you man", to everyone's amusement.

I don't see anything but chemistry between two fierce competitors... two guys that played together to seal one of the great fourth-quarter comebacks in Charger history.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sorry, but VT beat Ryan & BC when it REALLY counted - in the ACC Championship. Now look at who's going to the Orange Bowl.

Stick with the losers, Mtl. Did Kucinich attend BC? :icon_tease:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Man, sometimes it gets like Peyton Place around here! :icon_tease:

Yeah, LT got up & looked disgusted when PR sat next to him. But did you notice that one of the next shots of LT on the sidelines was him talking to the O linemen? Maybe he was telling them to man up & give PR some time. I think that they're fine - both just hate to lose.

Yeah, Rivers' numbers sucked most of the game, But how many of you football mensas noticed that, as the pass protection & pocket improved, so did PR's play? Good god, McNeill & Dielman looked like revolving doors much of the game. Not to take ANYTHING away from Haynesworth or Vanden Bosch, but the OL did not get their act together until the 4th quarter. Then things began to click offensively.

HUGE props to the ST & defense. They kept us in the good. Kudos to the OL for showing up when they had to. Much admiration for PR for continuing to pick himself up from big hits & playing through pain. Thanks to LT for running hard all game. CC - damn glad to have ya here!!!

Mother McCree got owned by Chris Brown on his TD. The dude just doesn't know how to take a good angle, it seems. Weddle, Weddle, and more Weddle, please. :tup:

Tough win, good for building some more character into this team. I'm happy for the win, very aware of the issues, & looking forward to meeting Detroit.

Go Chargers!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    When I play Madden Rivers always hits the receiver, and LT breaks for 10+ every couple plays. So I guess not. All the guys on the sideline ever do is clap their hands and sway back and forth...

21. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Listening to the postgame interview and press conference stuff, both LT and Rivers don't even remember the incident. :icon_shrug:

22. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    This they are. Look at the aftergame interviews at charger.com

when the changed at the microfones LT and PR joked with each

other and told they liked each other.

23. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    That's it I wanna to tell you

24. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mosley_matt&id=3148087

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In a little more than nine minutes, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers cleaned up a mess he'd spent much of the afternoon making.

When the Titans knocked Rivers out of the game early in the second quarter, it almost seemed like a show of mercy. To that point, he was 5-for-11 for 40 yards and an interception.

That's why no one in his right mind could have foreseen Rivers' leading the Chargers to a stunning 23-17 overtime victory Sunday that sucked all the life out of LP Field and put the Titans' playoff hopes on life support.

"This is why I liked him," Chargers GM A.J. Smith said of Rivers. "His biggest strength is that he's mentally strong. He's gone through some rough times, and it's easy to get in a little funk. But this is what we saw in him, and that's the guy we want out there in this type of situation."

Still looking stunned 45 minutes after the game, Rivers said, "I was killing us for a stretch of the game. That's as physical a game as I've ever been in."

Clearly Rivers himself as well as I and a few others are indeed moronic . :tup:

Rivers was 11-of-17 for 123 yards and two touchdowns on his final two drives of regulation. Rivers sucked butter milk until coming through at the end of the game.

25. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    i'm sure the incident looked worse than it really was. LT probably removed himself from rivers' presence, so he wouldn't talk crap about his poor performance up to that point.

• Like Like x 1
  26. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    What else is Rivers to say "It wasn't me, it was the oline's fault" :icon_shrug:

Yes the stats where horrible but I still contend that is was also in large part to the crappy oline play, he had no time to pass, when they finally gave him some time he made the plays.

P.S. I meant "moronic" in a friendly banter kinda way :icon_eek:

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    I think Rivers didn't have any deodorant on, I wouldn't want to be near him either. Or maybe Rivers had gas :lol:

28. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    NOW we're getting somewhere :icon_rofl:

29. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe no one has put an end to this rumor. LT spoke about the incident and he said his mind was on a comment made by LoNeil about the linemen (maybe something one of them said). Anyway, when the camera was tuned into LT on the bench, it showed PR sitting down just at LT was getting up and approaching one of the linemen. He said something to the effect of "I wasn't even aware of PR at that minute..."

Of the entire game, these just happened to be the 5 minutes I was able to tune in for and when I saw this, my stomach turned. All better now........quit your crying people. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +315 / 11 / -6
    If that equates then I should love Rivers. I don't... but at the same time I realise that we have no other reasonable alternative. Constantly burning draft choices and working in new quarterbacks is not the answer either.

There is no patience here... just a lot of spewing of negative venom.