1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT: "Man Crucifies you"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 14, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/01/14/tomlinson/index.html

This is a bombshell article about LT!

"I've tried to be the best professional, best player, best person in the community that this organization has ever seen, that's what I've always tried to do and will continue to do because that's who I am," Tomlinson said. "But to be treated like this, to me it just reaffirms my faith in God, to be honest with you. To let nothing bother me because of my faith in God and how far he has brought me. Because this is what man will do to you: Man will build you up and make you think that you're the greatest and that you're going to be here forever, and then man does this. Man crucifies you. ..

• Like Like x 1
  2. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I was always uncomfortable with the way the media built LT up to near sainthood, they only do that so they can have a chance to tear you down.

3. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    god dang it, i really hope they dont f**k LT over this off season

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 31 / -0
    LT's right. All he has done is work his *** off to be the best person and player he can be. Every single person that knows him says nothing but great things about him. But he gets roasted over the coals by fans for not cheering sufficiently on the sideline. It's complete and total bullshit. I don't blame LT for being frustrated and angry. He should be. Hopefully, this will fuel him towards hoisting the Lombardi next year, in Charger blue and gold of course.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8
    :clap: :yes: :clap:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    LT is a great person and player. We're lucky to have him!!!

7. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    QFT

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    this might get ugly

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    QFT

Don't **** this up any worse AJ - do what you gotta do business wise but don't be a jerkface about it.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 48 / -6
    LT needs to quit talking. That's what got all this started last year when he voiced his displeasure in the press. He's the "man" in our ground game, he is not above the team. :bolt:

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +417 / 7 / -1
    Think about this..........

When everyone in the media/on the message boards was calling for Norv's head during the season, AJ and Dean were v quick to come out and state that there is no way Norv is going anywhere and that he will be back in 09.

Whether they really meant it then is moot now.

Contrast this with the LT thing. It seems all the UT guys are convinced LT is as good as gone. The National media has got hold of it too. LT is coming out with 'Man crucifies you'. WTF!?... I am amazed that AJ and/or Dean did not nip this one in the bud and talk about this with LT indoors.

Whether they decide to let him go or not (I don't believe they have made their mind up as yet for the record) they need to get the air cleared and fast. It is the least LT deserves.

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    No he shouldn't. I'd like to hear what he has to say.
    Just don't listen to the scum that wants to twist it into something else.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    My 2 cents ......

On one hand, it IS a business, like it or not. And I AM a CHARGERS fan, not just a fan of any particular player. Now I've only been on this ride since '92, so I don't have as much of the heartbreak of losing favorite players as many here do.

I want a championship. If trading LT gets us there (and who really knows the answer to that?), then he gets traded.

What I DO want, as a CHARGERS fan and an LT fan, is for him to be treated with respect. AJ can be a cold, arrogant prick. That's fine - but don't **** over LT. He's meant way too much to this team, the San Diego community, to fans, to the sports world, and to young men who look up to him.

Just treat LT right, AJ. Have some phucking respect. :icon_evil:

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 48 / -6
    Ok, let LT talk all he want's, but you can STFU since you have nothing to say anyway.:bolt:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0

Exactly!!! He realizes himself that business is business. It doesn't have to be personal but that's the way AJ likes it.

16. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    AJ is an egotistical *** and should have never said a thing regarding this to the media but yet he wants his name out there as much as possible. dude never ceases to amaze me.

17. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

**** you aj

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 7 / -2
    Even tho he's right, it makes him look like a bigger crybaby (IMO).

LT should either just say "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYWHERE ELSE, I WANT TO WIN IN SD" or stfu. Seriously. Nothing good is going to come of this.

Classy guys stop being classy when they start telling you how classy they are.

19. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Why can't AJ say that trading LT is a ridiculous notion? I think that a veteran of this league, a future hall of famer, and a guy who has meant more for this franchise than any other player in over a decade deserves as much. Norv got that vote of approval, but LT can't?

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    STOP MAKING LT INTO THE SCAPEGOAT FOR OUR PROBLEMS!!

Geeze... even our fans have regressed!!! :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 48 / -6
    LT brought all this to the press last year. AJ finally get's tired of his whining and he's the one in the wrong?????? LT whined most of last year until he called Marty and got an ear full about being a team player.

22. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

LT is also the only player who has the balls to call player only meetings to turn things around on this team. At 4-8 he had to get the team to play together in order to finish out the stretch run. As for whining, the only thing I saw was LT wanting to get more carries, hardly whining when you consider that he's a running back who wants to win!

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Pretty phucking sad. :tdown:

24. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    LT has said that.

25. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    LT needs to just keep quiet and go on vacation. It's going to be a long off season, and the more invisible he is, the better chances he has of staying put in SD.

• Like Like x 1
  26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 48 / -6
    So, TO isn't whining when he want's more balls thrown to him???? And what were LT's words of wisdom that turned the tide? "We ain't the Raiders" give me a break. I love LT as much as anyone else does but he just needs to STFU and play, don't go to the press and whine about not getting the ball.

27. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    To be fair, I think the people roasting LT are a very small minority.

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    LT needs to consider restructuring his contract.

This is a production business. Your prior contributions are weighed into the negotiations, but your future contributions count for more.

If that hurts LT, then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

AJ probably shouldnt have said anything to Trotter. But he didn't say anything that indicated they would trade LT.

Just because LTs phone is blowing up with questions from outsiders doesn't mean the organization is putting this info to the media. Fans & media are most likely the source I suspect.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    A public vote of confidence for a coach in MID SEASON is necessary so the coach isn't lame-duck, and the team doesn't just pack it in.

Comparing that to nobody coming out in the OFF SEASON and publicly proclaiming that LT won't be traded is just silly.

People trying to link the two things are just trying to further their own agenda of making the organization look bad.

30. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Exactly and just because people say you're going to be gone doesn't mean you will, people said Marty would have been dumped but he wasn't until he forced his way out. Just because people saying LT is gone doesn't mean he will be. It might be a possibility, but it doesn't mean it will happen.

If AJ comes out and says LT is staying, well what happens when a week later a team offers a 1st for LT (unlikely but you never know), then he's put in the position of either rejecting a deal he might have accepted before hand to stick to his word, or break his word and do what would probably be better in the long run.