1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McCoy Shames Troutman

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Burlington Bolt Brother, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,333 / 35 / -15
    Again, you KNOW you're just making stuff up: No one is "going for his head 12 games in"…but we are in
    agreement that fighting that pretend straw man would be much easier than addressing my
    actual argument that McCoy should be held accountable for his mistakes.

Every time I hear an excuse for McCoy, I run it through the obligatory Norv filter:
    Would it fly if--as Norv's records worsened--people claimed "Has this team improved from last year? Absolutely."
    We both know that Norv never got judged anywhere near that leniently, so yes, I'm enjoying this.

As much as I appreciate you baselessly implying that I'm being as two-faced as those I'm poking fun at,
    I don't believe I posted any predictions--positive or negative--about the 2013 Chargers in September.
    Maybe the unwashed masses were right: maybe Norv was the problem holding the team back from
    much better records. The roster was mostly unchanged, and McCoy had worked miracles with Tebow.
    You asked me what I thought, and I told you.
    C'mon, don't get mad at me because I won't pretend I don't see the clumsy goalpost-moving…it's funny.
    Enjoy the contortions! Chuckle at the obvious revisionism.
    Because if the last 6 weeks are any indication, we aren't going to have much else to smile about.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,333 / 35 / -15
    At first glance I thought the title read: "McCoy Shanks Troutman" :roflmao:

Then I realized I was probably projecting a bit…scripted by my own less-than-angelic past. :whistling:

Then I thought: "Hmmm…did I get it so wrong after all?"

In all seriousness, BBB, I do see your point (as does, apparently, Hardwick)…though I think you might be
    --as others have already said--making a bit more of it than is really there.

Here's what Troutman should have said, to appeal to Coach McCoy:
    "I did what I thought was right in that moment. I will not second guess my decision-making now…
    if I hadn't drawn the flag, no one would be complaining now, right? I'm choosing to look forward."

What could McCoy possibly say?
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    Getting back to topic, I think troutman is an absolute keeper and he has made great strides after being thrust into the lineup by desperation. Think he and fluker should always be on the same OL side and the two can be just road graders on ether right side. He had a poor game, as did many others vs Bengals, and got his nose rubbed into it. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player or a future starter just means he needs to keep honing his craft.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    I'm pleased with many aspects of the team, but my frustration with McCoy and Wisenhunt has been the way we've gone ultra-conservative on the road and at the end of games. It's not our W/L record so much as it is the way have lost games. I'm not usually one to nitpick about playcalling, but some of it this year has been so mind-numbingly stupid that even I could have done a better job calling plays. There's at least a 75% chance that we would have won the Skins game if Whiz had let me call the plays when we had 1st and goal from the 1.
    • Agree Agree x 2