1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McGahee Says "I'm better than Tomlinson."

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    Found this on the SDUT forum. McGahee is on crack. :fool:

Raiders notes: Collins to Jordan: Settle down
    By Paul Gutierrez -- Bee Staff Writer
    Published 2:15 am PDT Thursday, October 20, 2005
    Story appeared in Sports section, Page C4
    ALAMEDA - ...

The best? - If the Raiders think they had a rough go of it against San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson last weekend, wait until they get a load of Buffalo's Willis McGahee.

Just ask McGahee, who was asked who was better - him or Tomlinson - in a conference call Wednesday.

"I'm the best back," McGahee said. "Case closed."

McGahee said his hubris stems from his college days.

"I went to the University of Miami; that has a lot to do with it," he said. "Then, I'm very competitive. Then, the fact of what I've been through."

He was referring to the blown out left knee he suffered while playing for the Hurricanes in their national championship game loss to Ohio State on Jan. 3, 2003. He was taken by the Bills with the 23rd overall pick in the 2003 draft and sat out the season.

Last year, he rushed for 1,128 yards in 16 games for the Bills.

...No TV - Sunday's game will be blacked out locally, as the Raiders do not expect to sell out by today's deadline.
  2. Gatchaman

Gatchaman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That's a stupid statement. That's like some in basketball syaing that he's better than Michael Jordan.
  3. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! :lol2:

McGahee is a nut!
  4. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What the heck kind of crazy stuff is McGahee smoking over there???? Geezuz!!

Whatcha talkin bout Willis???

:lol:
  5. ChargerBoy

ChargerBoy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Guy's don't take it too seriously. I don't excpect Willis to say that LT is better than him, but I would think Willis would respect him. But like I said, he probably had a little crack the night before, so don't take it too seriously.
  6. SIDHELMS

SIDHELMS BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Willis has his hubris mixed up with humorus.[​IMG]
  7. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I've never seen a bunch of bolt backers move so fast!!! Nice job covering LT Back...

But let his moves speak for themselves!!!

Heck, out there in Cincinnati we have 2 backs to do the job of what LT does himself... Dont' get me wrong, I love how Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry are running, but they are no LT... not many are an LT... and heck, when you think of running backs, the man they are comparing him to?! Yeah, that guy... Barry Sanders... We'll see...
  8. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Billieve me, I wish he had kept his mouth shut. Look how many yards Willis had v Oakland, 50 on 16 attempts.

Personally, Willis is a good RB, but even I feel LT is better. Even some of us tend to feel that Willis is not the best in the NFL. http://www.billsaddiction.com/index.php?showtopic=4493
    Even better: http://www.billsaddiction.com/index.php?showtopic=4494

Willis is working with an offensive line that is, well, plain offensive to watch. If he was truly that great he would have had plenty of more yards than just 50 on Sunday. Now Barry Sander was great and look at the offensive line that he had. Hence, Willis has a loooooong way to go. I always thought Willis was a more professional player than that to make such a daft and thoughtless comment. Mularkey should keep our boys from talking to the media.

None of you Bolt fans should have been offended in any way. LT has plenty of fans across the country and is well respected. He is a hard working RB and has earned that respect of fans and players.

When it comes down to the Bills game on 20 November, LT is gonna get over 150 yards easily. Rookies and vets are running all over us meaning LT will have the final laugh. In fact, he may have another touchdown assault via air and ground.
  9. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I like Magahee. He really worked hard to rehap from his leg injury. He's is going to be one of the better backs in the league for a while. But y2craig, is he really that much better than Travis Henry?
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    McGahee is a very good back!

...but it's apparent that he has mental problems. :rofl:
  11. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    i think ricky williams has been sharing his greens with millis mcgayhee!!!
  12. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I feel McGahee is better, even after his inury recovery. Travis just tries to pound the ball ahead and was notable for fumbles and underage chicks. McGahee manages to move north/south when there are no holes to run through, is capable of manouevering better, and seems more versitile as far as catching passes. He made a difference last season when he got the start. I honestly do not remember McGahee fumbling yet. Travis did play many games with rib injuries and an injured leg, so he does deserve a lot of credit where it is due - not trying to put him down in any way. Plus our O line is less than average in quality for both RBs. I take back that underage chick part.

It just shocks me he would make statements like that. There was a play last week, a 4th and goal on the 1, and Willis was egging on the Black Hole leading them to believe he was going to get the ball. Shelton got the ball instead and was stuffed. Just an ugly game.

LT is easily respected as the top RB by fans and players. He does not seem like the type of player to make dodgy comments.