1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Merriman's accuser says "judgment day" is Tuesday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerJeff, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    Last night she was tweeting about bruises not showing up right away but that they do later and she was implying she had lots and lots of bruising now. Not sure how well that would hold up in court tho b/c as soon as she and he were apart she could have done any number of things to cause the bruising which wasn't visible when she was at the hospital. I'd imagine trained doctors and nurses know what to look for in a domestic abuse victim :p

In the last 6mos alone she has faked a suicide attempt and a pregnancy - both times talking about how much sympathy she rec'd from her twitter followers b/c of it. Her credibility is ZERO in my book - would that stuff be admissable in court Ant?
  2. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    How how's that whole "Judgment Day is Tuesday" thing working out?

<Damn! Where's a roll-eyes smilie when you need one?!?>
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    :rolleyes2:
  4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    From what I know bruises will usually form within 24 hours. If she was choked there would be bruises on her neck, depending how she was choked, in a certain pattern.

Most bruises start showing signs a couple hours after the incident. If you are drunk bruising can look worst and can appear faster due to the thinning of blood making it able to spread faster at the surface.

The fact that it is "starting" to show DAYS after makes it seem unlikely caused by Merriman. Does Tila's bruises for some reason take longer to form than other people's?

The fact of the matter is she needs to prove BEYOND a reasonable doubt that it was caused by Merriman and not somebody else. She would need some great pictures that show only Merriman could of done that.

IF Tila is making it up, and depending on how she gave it to herself, most doctors can tell. Choking and battery have different patterns. When alcohol is in your system it can form a different way as well. If they look self inflicted she could get in BIG trouble. IF she went to court, lied about it, and they were able to prove that he didn't do it she could go to jail.
  5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +405 / 7 / -1
  6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Now ask yourself - why would you have somebody like that in your own HOME?

oh...............

sorry................

blush.................
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    and if I took a hammer and started smacking myself upside my head, I would have bruises also the next day. But there would be marks as soon as I get them. I have had baseball's leave their little imprints on numerous parts of my body, sometimes you could see the stitch marks for days. But I had a mark as soon as I got it also.

If she does have marks, get a picture with some kind of a ruler beside it so that we know exactly how big the marks are, then go measure Shawne and try to compare the two if they dont fit you must acquit!
  8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    From the UT:

The Sheriff's Department isn't discussing details of its investigation, but Caldwell provided some background information about cases that start with a citizen's arrest.

If deputies are able to determine a crime has been committed and that there is evidence pointing to a particular person, they have probable cause to make an arrest on their own, she said.

Caldwell cited as an example residents who report they are holding a spray-paint vandal. Deputies arrive, see the graffiti. The suspect has fresh paint on his hands and pants and paint cans in his coat pocket. They arrest him.

Absent that kind of evidence, the probable cause can come instead from the complaining party, who signs the arrest form.

“Anyone is entitled to do that,” Caldwell said. “And in general we're obligated to put that person under arrest.”

Totally backs up what Ant said about them being obligated to arrest Merriman with a signed arrest form. So if they had seen any indication that Merriman had done what she said, they would have arrested him. Without that, they need her to sign something.

I still think he's an idiot for letting this trash into his life, but I'm still rooting for the best case outcome here.
  9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... it's Wednesday and I've heard nothing yet... please, Tila, do tell.
  10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity...

How much time did Chris Brown get for doing his thang on Rhianna?

[​IMG]

She's waaaaay bigger than Tila... and Shawne is waaaaay bigger than Brown.

Sorry. It just don't compute.
  11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +765 / 5 / -0
    Sounds like a variation of the "OJ" defense motion... Except that this time it might work. What if the marks show that she choked herself??... I saw it in "Full Metal Jacket."

Pointy :icon_twisted: (Where's my gloves?...)
  12. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    When there are marks on an alleged dv victim, the peace officers take photos at the scene because it is very often the case that by the time the prosecution actually takes place the victim has recanted their story and is unwilling to prosecute.

If there were marks on her, the deputies would have taken photos of them, even if they were just the red marks that later turn into bruises.
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Character evidence (Specific Acts, Opinion or Reputation) are not permitted in civil cases to prove conduct. It can be brought in to prove things like Motive, Intent and Common Scheme. Criminal cases it can be brought in but the victim (Tequila in this case) has to open the door to such at trial. Gotta imagine if it gets THAT far then her lawyer's damn near going to gag her to keep her from saying crap like that.

And yeah you can definitely bring in all the comments she's making online in public forums into court in both civil and criminal cases. She's shouting it from the roof tops and the court is more then happy to allow stuff like that in.
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Just out of curiosity...

funny but those bruises appeared pretty damn quick after she got manhandled now didn't they
  15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    "Time to TERMINATE this Biatch!" - Arnold

[​IMG]
  16. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Prior inconsistent statements, statements against interest, etc. She is working pretty food at painting herself into a corner in the event she ever has to testify.

/What day in Nov do results get released?
  17. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    she's been tweeting up a storm and deleting again :p not that they are ever really gone but seriously... why put it out there if you're just going to delete it? it doesn't make it like you never said it, it just makes you look like there's something to hide.

i can't wait for this moron to get what's coming to her. she makes me sick. lying about domestic abuse only makes it harder for true victims to get help, it gives them one more excuse for not coming forward thinking no one will believe them. i'd gladly choke the ***** myself at this point :p where's wayne brady when you need him...
  18. Ricky619

Ricky619 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This.

I want to hear what she possibly has to say, so I can spend the rest of the day laughing.
  19. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    Can you post what some of the latest comments have been?
  20. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Pics please:popcorn:
  21. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The longer this goes without the DA throwing out the charges....the more you should worry.

If it were as cut and dry as you all think then Merriman would have been cleared by now.

I still don't think he did anything outrageous to the drama queen, but that doesn't mean she won't drag him through the mud a little bit.
  22. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    Considering the national coverage this is getting, I'm willing to bet they are doing their due diligence and making sure the right decision is made. Regardless of how ridiculous Tila is, domestic violence is no joke and any claim should be throughly investigated.
  23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    If this does go to trial, there is only one thing Shawne needs:

[​IMG]
    Chewbacca defense
    • Like Like x 1
  24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    According to KOGO the Sheriff's finished their investigation and turned over their findings and reports to the DA's. That means the DA will review such, probably conduct some interviews and findings of their own and then make a recommendation. I wish I could say how long that'll take, though it might be a bit faster with the fame of this case, but depending whose desk this ends up on this could take time.

Doesn't mean that he's more or less likely to be charged, just a DA's office that at the initial stage isn't designed to work that fast for the sake of fairness
  25. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    :lol: somebody just got ***** slapped by their legal team...

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    There was a UT article that mentioned the DAs were interviewing the sheriffs, so we should know something within a week i would think.
  27. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    Chewbacca. It doesn't make any sense!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
  28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Lawyer to Tequila: Will you stop digging me such a big hole by opening your bleeping mouth????
  29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    What happens next Tuesday? Didn't I read there is a court date already set for that day?
  30. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Arraignment, or perhaps nothing.

If the DA decides whether or not to charge him by next Tuesday he will either be arraigned or informed of the decision not to charge him and the date will be vacated. The DA could also continue the court date and file charges against him later (within two years for misdemeanors and within five years for felonies I believe.)