1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mike Holmgren?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    What is luducrous is that you continue to post your ignorance. Is the current Green Bay Coach skinny? Does his players make subconcious desicions about his coaching ability? Did Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys do that.

No. Do yourself a favor and dont pain the whole world based on what is apparently your prejudices.
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'm sorry, are you saying that people don't make subconscious judgments of others based on their physical appearance? Also, why do you continue ignoring my statement that I don't think that this applies with regards to fatness and the NFL?
  3. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Only those who are self procliames people who are 'prejudice against fatties'.

You should stop trying to argue your short sighted ignorance. It makes you more of a joke everytime you hit the Post Reply button.
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
  5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    After Steve Wilks left, Bisaccia was promoted to assistant coach. He was also the assistant coach for TB from 2008-10.

Mike Mayock who helped petition the Ravens to hire Jon Harbaugh was quoted saying this when the Bucs were looking to hire a HC before Raheem Morris:

“If you are a special teams coach, you are painted into a corner. I had this conversation with John Harbaugh. I helped him get college interviews and pushed the Baltimore Ravens to just get him in the building and let it go from there,” Mayock said.
    “As strong as I felt about John Harbaugh as an elite level of a coaching candidate, I feel the same way about Rich Bisaccia.”

From what I hear, Bisaccia is great with the players but also has a no nonsense mentality that we need.
  6. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
  7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'm sorry, I guess you don't consider your size to be part of your physical appearance?
  8. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    keep trying... Let me know when you actually have any sort of fact to back up your small minded BS... Ummmkay bahbye.
  9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    Cutting Spurlock may have been a mistake, Goodman is terrible.
  10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Wait, you don't consider it a fact that your body is a part of your physical appearance?
  11. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    LOL... keep trying. I am sure to someone who is a self proclaimed bigot a persons looks are the most important thing.
  12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Unbelievable. I said that your body is a part of your physical appearance, I never said that looks are supremely important, or anything of the kind, ever. I said that people make subconscious decisions about you based on your physical appearance, and provided a link, at your request, supporting said statement. You must be truly deluded if you don't think that to be the case.
  13. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    What is unbelievable is that you seem either ignorant or obtuse about what you post.
    Really? You never said...
    So what is unbelievable is you keep trying to hide your words, and throw up straw man argumenst. Welcome to ignore.
  14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Being prejudiced against fatties doesn't mean that I consider physical appearance to be supremely important, simply that I find fat people disgusting and have a set of expectations for them that is different from those that I have from non-fatties. There's a huge difference between the two.

Since you're taking this personally, and seem irrationally unable to accept that your physical appearance impacts how people view you, by influencing subconscious judgments, I'm guessing that you're probably overweight and uncomfortable with it. I suggest going to the gym and/or reducing your caloric intake to something reasonable.

I'm not going to continue posting on this topic, since there's nothing else to say.
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I could careless about what people think. Its the results that count! Just because someone weighs 350 pounds does not mean squat as long as that person is producing!
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I am over weight, and I could careless what you think! If you have a problem with that, TOUGH SH**
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Not now. It's rebuilding mode now, before it was a Superbowl contender, that has all been wasted.
  18. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    I completely agree, I was thinking about Rich Bisaccia taking over ever since the MNF debacle. It would allow us to keep the remainder of the current coaching staff in place, and our current “OC in title only” would have to finally assume the duties that he is currently being paid to do. It is obvious that the players are no longer responding to Norv, and Philip is caught on camera arguing with him every game now. His alleged “offensive prowess” is the only justification for keeping him around, and even that has failed us of late.

If we manage to lose to KC on Thursday, then it would be the perfect time to make the move. We won’t play another game until about 10 days later, so it would be like replacing a coach during a bye week, and giving the interim coach time to hopefully hit the ground running.

In this scenario, Bisaccia would have 8 games to show us what he’s got, and at the conclusion of those 8 games we would have a pretty good idea as to whether or not to remove the “interim” tag from his title, or to begin the serious search for a new Head Coach. Rich Bisaccia may end up being a quality NFL Head Coach or he may not, but unless we give him a shot we may lose him to another team who is willing to promote him.
  19. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    AJ Smith is not the problem here. He’s kept the roster stocked with NFL caliber talent his entire time here, but that talent has often been mismanaged, by both of the Head Coaches during his tenure. We’ve lost some talented players as well, but so has every team in this era of free agency. All of his draft picks have not been home runs, but I'd put his record of finding NFL caliber starters & very productive backups in & after the draft against almopst any other GM in the same time period. If he is to be blamed for anything, it’s hiring Norv Turner in the 1st place, but as I recall, that worked out pretty well in the beginning. (Conference title game appearance in his 1st season, Philip developing into an elite NFL QB)

It’s clearly run it’s course now, this team has gotten worse by the season and we seem stuck in a rut with Norv, who just cannot prepare this team to play a full 60 minute football game, or make any effective halftime or in-game adjustments.
  20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    But thats the problem, in an age where just being in San Diego should be a selling point to lure in some high caliber free agents. We have had ZERO signings. All we gets is the NFL caliber talent. The players and the agents do not want to deal with AJ. So now he has to basically home grow everything through the draft, and we can see how well that is going. But then we have Spanos an owner that keeps telling us he wants to put a winning product on the field, yet what has he done to prove it?
  21. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    I don't know about you personally, but most of us (myself included) where praising AJ for his FA signings this year

Either we blame AJ (for the lack of talent) or Norv (for not coaching said talent up to it's potential), I blame Norv
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I blame AJ for the talent black hole that is our O-line/TE situation. I blame Norv (coaching staff, etc) for the misuse of our skill players and the constant mistakes they make.

I'll give AJ credit for Butler, Liuget, Reyes, and Ingram, as those all appear to have been fantastic picks, but when you pair that with the Mathews debacle, Larry English, and investing the least of any team in the NFL other than the Titans/Jets into our line since 2006, I think that the blame needs to reside there as well.
  23. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    This offseason we did attract & sign a bunch of quality free agents like Robert Meachum, Jarrett Johnson, Eddie Royal and several others.

NFL caliber talent, combined with good coaching should be enough to win in this league, especially against lesser opponents like the Browns. Wes Welker had 1 touchdown reception in 2 full seasons with the Dolphins, but look what he’s done in New England. Are guys like Danny Woodhead or Julian Edelman physical freaks? No they are not but a good coach like Bill Belichick gets the most out of their limited abilities, and makes them very productive.

There are undrafted guys with heart & talent on virtually every team, and competent coaches are able to make them productive. Norv is failing with a previously elite quarterback, and a slew of high draft picks & veteran free agents who were very productive on their previous teams, and it’s time for him to go.
  24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    Meanwhile, back at the Lombardi residence, "Hello? Uh, Mr. Spanos, sorry, Vince is still not back from haunting the stadium..."