1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Missed assignments....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 5, 2009.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    I'll tell you what, aside from watching SD in the super bowl years ago, last night was the most frustrating game I have had to endure as a Chargers fan.

Most will focus on the run defense and rightfully so. However, I have been listen all day to all the Cro hate and it's getting old. No he shouldn't be twittering and I have a major problem with him doing that.

With that said our Front 7 right now is atrocious, we get blown off the ball and no push up front.

But I am looking a lot right now at some of the film from the game and I am seeing a ton of blown assignments. I see Clinton Hart as of right now blowing 4 or 5 assignments in the first half. He looked lost.

Eric Weddle's blown assignment on Heath Miller in as well as Hart's both going for TD's. Weddle I like though, he tackles well and doesnt make many mistakes. But if you ask me, another bad game from Clinton Hart and I think its time to bypass Steve Gregory and try Kevin Ellison.
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    It's funny you say that. I mentioned a few times while watching it at Kristy's "we are not facing the 94' 49ers!"
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    Ya one could whine that Pitt got away with about 12 holding penalties last night, but that wouldnt have even changed the game. I have seen atleast 6 holding penalties not called in the first half. But taking into consideration that its a 10 yard penalty the next play or two seems to go for 20 yards...Im sure they would have still gotten a first down.

We were no where close in coverage because we were asking DB's to cover WR's in zone coverage for 6-8 secs or longer. The front 7 is really bad right now, but watching Clinton Hart last night just made me cringe.