1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SuperCharger92, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
  2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    They wont be there according to who? You are saying they wont be there? LOL, ok. Glad to be advised you know how all this is going to go down :rolleyes:

Sure, just like Frank Gore has been identical to McGahee when he tore both his ACL's in college. Gore has been pretty durable and a pretty good RB. You cant predict what your saying with injuries. Everyone heals and reacts different. Look at Adrian Peterson.
    Looks like LaMichael James is going to be a pretty good NFL RB who is from Oregon.
    LT didnt take on defenders very often at all and he is going in the HOF. Why does Barner need to take on defenders more?

Sorry, we have different thoughts on players and i dont agree with you.
  3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, "most all teams" are projecting Arkansas-Pine Bluff OL Terron Armstead as a left tackle.
    Some teams assumed Armstead would wind up at guard, but he's demonstrated incredible athleticism throughout the draft process and also has quality game tape. Per NFL.com's Gil Brandt, Armstead "looked outstanding" at his Monday Pro Day and has scheduled a private workout with the Cowboys. The Jaguars, who are switching to a zone-blocking scheme, are also giving Armstead a long look.
  4. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    Seeing how this league has turned into a 2-back league, atleast for most teams, um I'd think the top-5 backs will be gone by the time we are picking in the 3rd round. Maybe 1 slips, but I doubt it. Lacy, Bernard, Randle, Franklin, and Ellington are the top 5 prospects at RB for numerous of scouts.

Dude, Lattimore tore a ligament in his knee in 2011, and then absolutely blew out his knee this past year (Dislocated, along with a torn ACL, PCL; MCL). He's going to have to sit out a good amount of time. So what if Mathews goes down in pre-season again? We need a guy who will be able to attend and participate in rookie mini-camp and also a good portion of training camp. I like Lattimore myself, but we need a guy who will back up and push Mathews from day 1.

And Peterson tore his ACL and MCL, did not dislocate it either. His rehab was ridiculous, and will most likely never be repeated again. And pretty positive Frank Gore just tore his ACL, yet still got to sit out a season and prove his worth with another year in collegiate football.

Did you really just mention LT? HAHA! LT had a gruesome stiff arm, and his vision was flawless. He weaved in and out of blocks like no other. He had a great juke move, spin move, you name it. He ran through tackles as well.

All Barner has is speed. And how do you know LaMichael will be a good RB in this league? He had 27 rushing attempts :roflmao: and was the return man for the 49ers. Barner will play a similar role, but doubt he'll get as many touches James got his rookie year.

Again opinions will be opinions. So we'll agree to disagree.
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    New top 10 mock...

1. KC - Dee Milliner: Flowers, Milliner, Hali, Houston...4 scary names for Rivers and Manning.
    2. JAX - Bjoern Werner: Desperate need of pass rush.
    3. OAK - Shariff Floyd: Probably the best all round player in the draft.
    4. PHI - Dion Jordan: They are solid with Peters and Herremans, they need to start building that 3-4. I also think Lotulelei is a more likely pick as a NT than any of the OTs.
    5. DET - Ziggy Ansah: Natural replacement for Avril, although I don't think he deserves to go this high.
    6. CLE - Barkevious Mingo: Like Ansah will only go high because of potential, but he's not worth it.
    7. ARI - Geno Smith: They send Fitz sprinting to the podium with the card in hand.
    8. BUF - Luke Joeckel: With all worthy pass rushers gone, I think it would be wise to move Glenn to RT.
    9. NYJ - Chance Warmack: Look for Miami to jump here as this is a worst case scenario for the Jets.
    10. TEN - Kenny Vaccaro: Also look for Miami to try to jump here.

11. SD - Eric Fisher: I know given all the mocks you've seen this looks like a pipe dream...but tell me why its so unrealistic? The only thing we have to worry about is Miami and probably the Bears trying to jump ahead of us.
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I keep trying to see a scenario that makes sense at number 1, no matter how many different options I come up with the one that makes the most sense is Chance Warmack. This may very well be the very first time we see a guard taken with the number 1 pick.

You can put Joeckel and Fisher there, but would you really make the number 1 pick a back up?

Floyd and Lotulelei make sense, If they were a 4-3 defense.

Milliner looks appealing but honestly with Flowers and Arenas, they're not hurting in the secondary too badly

Chance Warmack, Some may argue he truly is the BPA. They already have one of the best O lines in the league, Warmack would just contribute to that.

After acquiring Alex Smith their biggest need IMO is now ILB which has no one player worthy of a top 20 pick so thats not going to happen
  7. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Top 5 in this class doesnt mean they are first and second round worthy. Only Lacy may go first round. Sproles went in the 4th and had a MUCH better college career than Jamison. Micheal Turner was a 5th and he too had a much better college career. DeMarco Murry went in the 3rd.

Possibly. Thats why they have these combines which is more about interviews and medicals. Could still easily be a 5th if noone is expecting him to play but like the value and potentual. Its all about medicals there. There will be some good RB's in the 3rd and we shouldnt have to reach for a guy like Jamison there.

Your positively wrong. He tore his left ACL after his freshman year while during spring practice he beat out McGahee. Sat out that season and the next season he tore his right ACL. Entered the NFL draft in 2005 after he recovered and played in 2004. So what he went thru was pretty amazing and he has not only been mostly healthy in the NFL, id also call that ridiculous as well.

What does his vision have to do with avoiding contact? Yes he had the stiff arm but he ent out of bounds a lot and said he did that to prolong his career. That's common knowledge round here.

They are very high on James and you can see he is going to be a good payer. Maybe you cant obviously. Many Chargwer fans thought Jesse Chatman was a great backup whe we drafted Micheal Turner who i said would be better than Chatman. Many fans didnt agree with me then...lol.

Yep
  8. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Could but i just dont see why in anyway Vaccaro is a top 10 player in this draft. Steve Hutchinson is 35, the Titans very well could pick Warmack.
  9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I have Warmack going at 9.
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
  11. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Well damn....lol. Very similar to what it would save us to release Gaither. Only saves $500,000k on the cap but saves Deano 4.5 million in cash.
    Hec i say we sign Winston to replace Clary and then release or trade HIM. Winston has played in a ZBS in Houston.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I don't think anything has changed, still see KC going DL, Donald Stephenson will most likely take over at RT. But I could also see the Chiefs going OT, since Albert is on a tag.
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Yeah I think the Chiefs will try to dangle Albert...and the only team that I can see giving up anything for him is the Bears.

Considering the shallow market and the $50M he's sure to demand, I'd be amazed if they got more than a conditional 2nd and even more surprised if it happens before draft day.

JMO, I think its F'n stupid to use the 1st round pick as an upgrade of an already solid position, and a cost cutting measure.
  14. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Good point, he did start 7 games for them last year as a rookie. Going to be interesting.
  15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I Think their biggest need at this point is ILB, OG, DE and possibly RT

At 1 I see only 3 players getting picked
    Fisher, Joeckel and Warmack

If Lotulelei's heart checks out he could be an option as well.
  16. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    Who knows what the Chiefs do. Guess free agency will tell for them, and us. Can't wait just about a week away. Then we'll start to see what teams will be doing come draft day.
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'm ****** tired of waiting for free agency, lets get this **** started, I want to see what holes we fix and which get left to fester into the draft.
  18. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    What is cool about this year, It's going to be like the NBA where starting Saturday at midnight (ET) teams can reach out to any free agent from any team, and reach an agreement. They just can't sign until March 12th.

I see it as a head start at free agency. I hope we do something exciting, not just re signing Novak. I may have to lower my expectations until I see what Telesco truly is about. So far this remaining a little too quiet has me a bit worried. Remaining quiet with words is fine with me, but if they chose to remain quiet with actions will be a bad start for Telesco and McCoy's first year
  19. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +158 / 2 / -0
    If some how Dion Jordan is there at 11 screw offensive line needs :D
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Don't know that I would go that far, but Jordan is my #1 after Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson.
  21. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    Arizona Daily Star reporter Daniel Berk was told Arizona QB Matt Scott will be meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles.
    Scott is scheduled to visit the Eagles on Monday and work out for them later this month. Scott also revealed that he has been receiving interest from the San Diego Chargers, Arizona Cardinals and Buffalo Bills, among other teams. Scott has a strong arm and shows good accuracy but is very raw. He needs to improve his mechanics and footwork.
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'm diggin WalterFootball.coms latest 5 round mock...

1. Lane Johnson
    2. Jamar Taylor
    3. Travis Fredrick
    4. Joseph Randle
    5. Josh Boyce - Only pick I didn't like. Now that we cut Spikes I would have gone Kevin Reddick or Nico Johnson.
  23. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I like it as well, can't see Randle in the 4th though.

1. Lane Johnson
    2. Arthur Brown
    3. Montee Ball
    4. Alvin Bailey
    5. Cornelius Washington

I like that kid Jamie Collins too ILB for So. Miss.
  24. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    Oklahoma T Lane Johnson jumped up five spots in ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper's rankings and now sits at No. 10 overall.
    "He's already a pretty good player, and his ceiling is what gets teams excited," Kiper writes. "Has the long arms you look for, can absorb rushers and gets a decent push in the run game but then can get out and use his athleticism downfield and on the edges." Johnson checks in as Kiper's third offensive tackle and we think he'd be a great fit at No. 11 for the Chargers.
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Or at #10 for the Miami Dolphins.:cautious:
  26. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Reddick I could see, but Nico Johnson is just a younger version of the current incarnation of Takeo Spikes (i.e. he's a two-down backer who will get torched in coverage at the pro level). There are easily 5 (in this shallow of a class) mid-round ILB prospects I prefer to Johnson (Reddick, Jon Bostic, Keith Pough, Kiki Alonso, Sean Porter kicked inside - which is looking more and more like what his fit in a 3-4 is going to be, Kenny Cain); and that's leaving out the guys I expect to come off the board 2nd round or earlier (Brown, Greene, Te'o)
  27. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I'm willing to go ILB in 2nd if Arthur Brown is there for sure..
  28. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    He's going to go in the 1st. I'd put money on it. Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest, even after all this "Te'o slips to Baltimore" chicanery the media is in full-spin mod on, to see Baltimore take him at #32. I could see Cincy taking him at #21, Minnesota at #23, and Houston at #27 all being possibilities too.
  29. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    One can dream that the Bengals will trade us their 21st & 37th overall picks to move up 10 spots to our 11th pick and select Kenny Vaccaro. They do need safety help, and so do the Dolphins, Panthers, Rams, Cowboys, Bears and Giants who all pick ahead of them. He's getting comparisons to Eric Weddle apparently.
  30. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    What scares me now is, the Saints also are a team that might trade up to take Lane Johnson. Now that they have a hole at LOT, you better believe there not gonna let Brees' blindside with an UDRFA.

Buccaneers are a sleeper as well, they could move Donald Penn to ROT, and take a LOT.

So I'd watch out for the Dolphins, Bucs, and Saints. I'm not too positive we land Lane Johnson, but if we don't keep trading back and select BPA to our need. I don't mind taking Terron Armstead or Menelik Watson.