1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Moderator consistency

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by LightEmUp, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just curious if anyone of you is brave enough to answer this question? Why was I banned for disrupting threads yet you continue to let CarlsbadBoltFan post pictures that have nothing to do with the thread topic time and time again?

I've tried not to get into **** that derails threads and off topic conversations. I've sent multiple reports to "do it the right way". You've done nothing.

Are you going to be consistent in your moderating?

Thanks.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    LOL!

3. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This is how the site wants it done CBF. I have no problem giving you **** right back, but the site doesnt want it.

4. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Now your allowing members to talk about my significant other. Classy and Charger fan friendly indeed.

Really appreciate the double standards.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,618 / 29 / -2
    Why do you insist on posting this for everyone to see?

There's a feature that allows you to report posts that you do not think are appropriate. Why don't you use it?

6. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Please read the OP - I stated I DID use the report feature already.

This hasnt had ANY effect. I've reported 20 posts in the past week. They havent done ANYTHING. You think posting in private will? and why should it make a difference to a moderator? Shouldnt they handle all inquiries evenly? I already tried with RobDog to show respect. He/She let me know this is a boys club of old friends and favoristism does play out.

Just posting how obvious the slant is on this site. You can be apart of it or speak against it. I've said it many times - not my integrity in question.

I gave posters **** back, I got banned. I play by the rules, they dont do ****. - And your questioning ME?

LOL.

Thanks Leo.

7. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Since you didnt respond you probably never should have said anything.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,750 / 39 / -8
    I would suggest that posters no jump to conclusions. For instance. LEU is jumping to a very large conclusion that nothing is being done when he reports a post.

This is simply incorrect. The reports generate a thread with the statements of the person reporting the post and the post in question. The staff then determines what, if any actions need to be taken.

If the poster in question feel that he should for some reason determine the responce, or be informed of desicions that do not involve him/her, well that is another misconception. As is feeling that the running of the site will change to please one poster.

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 1 / -0
    If you've been genuinely offended by 20 posts over the span of just a week maybe you should go away. Two week ban for bugging the **** out of everyone (mods not the least).

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 1 / -0
    Now a few words on consistency. The difference between CBFs image and your post is that CBFs pic doesn't lead to pages of commentary and bickering regarding said pic, and thereby does not derail a thread. Your constant antagonism, anti-FO tunnel vision and utter inflexibility drive pretty much every conversation in which you involve yourself, into the same argumentative tailspin. As I have previously explained, the ultimate purpose here is for people to have fun. The attitude you consistently represent does NOT foster a fun environment. As much as I prefer to let people speak their minds, I will sacrifice any value (consistency, fairness, freedom) when the fun or positive mojo of the community are competing. So in answer to your second question, no, I am not going to be consistent in my moderating. We can be pretty much as arbitrary and exclusionary as we feel like and I'm pretty sure it's a credit to our tolerance that you're still here at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.