1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

More (Floyd/Wells/Mathews) to the IR

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by The LBC, Dec 18, 2012.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...e-Signed/6bfe79ab-6902-4ac0-b690-c4c3f24ead17

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Tank Mode!
  2. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 1 / -0
    Just call us the San Diego Super China Store......complete with a lifetime supply of glass jaws.....:poop:
  3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Well surprise, surprise... :rolleyes:
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    It figures that we'd lose Floyd on a meaningless play. :rolleyes:
  5. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    I'm just thinking out loud here... could all this injuries be somehow related to a less than adequate training staff and lack of good work ethic in the off season and weight room? Maybe it's a cfrappy medical staff who can't seem to heal these guys up ? I mean just how many key guys can get hurt during any one season?

Somehow I want to blame Norv and the his casual way of doing business in Chargertown ever since he arrived. Am I correct in postulating that a better training environment, trainers and personal effort by the players themselves would have averted some of this season ending injuries? Just askin'.
  6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    Yep, Brinkley off tackle with a minute and change left, and he falls on the back of Malcom Floyd's legs as he blocks downfield. Just crappy luck for Floyd. Was really hoping this would be the first of many 16+ game seasons for him.
  7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +405 / 7 / -1
    So hope there is a clear out of the strength, conditioning and medical staff too. Can't be coincidence that we've so many on IR?
  8. NatroneBomb

NatroneBomb BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    According to Williamson we're at 52/53 since bringing up Scafe and Willie. It'll be very(and by very I mean slightly) interesting to see who gets that last roster spot.

It will probably end up being Charlie Bryant(G) or Kevin Hughes(OT) to shore up our hideous (and only getting worse) O-line depth. Then again this could be the week that Clary comes back and we're at square one again when it comes to our Line.

In that case maybe that last spot is an extra running back to make up for Matthews. I wasn't overly impressed by Edwin Baker in the preseason, but I suppose he's on the practice squad for a reason. But hey, Tim Hightower is still a free agent, and at this point what it could it hurt? AJ seems to be a whizz at dumpster diving so why not roll the dice one more time?
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    For two meaningless games? Rather shove rookies and players we are curious about into the lineup just to see what we have
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NatroneBomb

NatroneBomb BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edwin Baker(RB) gets the call-up so I guess it's a moot point anyways. I understand wanting to see what the rookies can do since the season's already lost, but I still would have liked to see if Hightower could have done enough in two games to earn a chance to be Matthews' future backfield mate. Maybe I'm just curious because it's become obvious we need better RB depth besides Brown, Battle, and Brink and this year's free agency at RB doesn't look much better.

Fullback Jamie McCoy has been signed to the Practice Squad. I'm having trouble figuring out if it's the same Jamie McCoy who went to Texas A&M and was briefly signed w/ the Rams and Steelers. It's just a Practice Squad player, so that's about all the research I'm going to dedicate to it.
  11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    It's both and it's a general sentiment among a majority of NFL players these days to want to do as little "contact" practices, "unnecessary" (by their estimation at least) training, and what not as possible while continuing to making greater and greater compensation for their less and less work. (Ah the "new" American way!)