1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Most Overrated Quarterback?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 3, 2010.

?

Who is the most overrated QB now in the NFL

1. Tom Brady Bunch

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Big Ben Hamburger

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Matt Scwab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Aaron Rogers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tony Roma

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  6. Ecry Manning

22 vote(s)
    43.1%
  7. Bret Farve(older than my grandpa)

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Joe Flacco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other/Matt Ryan/Kurt Warner/Jay Cutler/etc...(specify)

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    The word Elite Qb is one that has been thrown around alot lately by punditoids to describe pretty much any qb that isn't a turnover machine and doesnt suck. In the old days it used to mean qb's like elway, young, moon, marino, montana etc... but now it seems like almost anyone can be considered an elite qb. THat has lead to alot of QB over rating this year. WHo do you think is now the most overrated QB in the NFL?

I'm gonna go with Tom Brady. He is good for sure but has shown his MVP year was a fluke and only the result of his high paid offense. He also has shown he can't win superbowls without spy cameras to help cheat in close games!!! Everyone kisses his *** and never stops talking about his greatness wheather he throws 3 tds or 3ints. For me Rivers and Brees are clearly better choices.

Weigh in and vote in the pole!
  2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    Cutler is too easy of an answer, and after this year, nobody is calling him an elite QB, anyway.

Thus, my answer is Tony Romo. He has the help of three very good backs and a huge O-line, one of the best receiving TEs in football, and a good receiving core. His precision betrays him, leading him to untimely picks when he tries to be the hero, and his arm strength is average at best.

He scrambles for time well, and fans find that to be exciting...but it also shrouds his awkwardness in the pocket at times.

The Cowboys are currently exceling because of their defense and running game, which opens up the passing game. I give Romo all the credit in the world for cutting down his mistakes in December, but any good QB could do that.
  3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Idiots! :yes:
    Sheli Manning......That's the answer!
  4. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I would say Cutler but I don't think anyone is calling him an elite QB anymore. Everyone sees how badly he's sucked it up in Chicago.

So with that said, it's easily Eli Manning. I don't like most of the other QB's you listed but they've shown that they can consistently win and lead their teams. Eli has one Super Bowl ring but he's been a mediocre QB since than. He's just not the kind of leader Peyton is.
  5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I still pick Brady over him just bc of all the press love Brady gets that he doesn't deserve. He had a good year in 2007 yes. He won super bowls yes. BUUUUUUUUT..... the SB's were probably mostly bc of spying. Remember all of their rings came after ALOT of very lucky close victories and spygate probably made them more possible. W/O it I doubt they'd have 3 rings and in his 07 year it was bc the offense around him. It was like Kurt Warner in 1999, I think anyone decent would have that great a year. Look at cassel in 08 after brady. If he can have that great a year after never starting even in college its saying something. Brady isn't bad but not great either imo... that makes him most overrated!:icon_shrug: HE WOULND"NT have 3 rings if he played honest and fair like a respectable player ala LT...
  6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0

You're a moron!

Welcome to ignore! You're a disgrace to Charger fans as well as football fans!

:icon_finger:
  7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -0
    I can't decide between romo and Eli. Brady I think is overrated but still is elite even if I loathe him.
  8. IFiredCHart

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    Meh, go easy on him, I have to deal with Brady fanboys on a daily basis, so I can understand where his hate comes from.

On Friday, one of my buddies told me that Brady has one of the best arms in the league...in the words of a certain wideout, "Child Please!"
  9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Right. I didn't say being the most overrated means you can't be elite... Although many overrated quarterbacks aren't elite imo...
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21
    I voted Big Ben, because he's not elite and people want to put him in that elite catagory. He's proven time and time again he goes where that defense goes.

All those 4th quarter comebacks he gets credit for....THE DEFENSE is the one who put him in that position to win. If PR ever has a #1 ranked defense we'll go 19-0.
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    So he doesn't lead his team on any scoring drives during those 4th quarter comebacks?
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    Putting angst aside, how can any QB be more over rated than Jay Cutler? Sheli has won games for his team, so has Ben and all the others listed. Do I like them? No.

But what other QB has the media telling everyone how good they are with no means of supporting that other than Cutler?
  13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    hey man. I'm not saying he is bad. Just the most overrated. He's still elite. perhaps he is the best on that list but also the most overrated even so. Not even close to Peyton Manning so the whole manning vs brady debate really pisses me off. I'm no manning fan boy and I hate the colts but in my opion trying to be as objective as possible he is not even close to the level peyton has played at for over a decade now. i feel Brees and Rivers have surpassed Brady in their playing ability and have turned average receivers into stars!! That is something only manning does better. So Brady is good and has achieved alot perhaps but i'm just trying to be as unbiased as possible here. Peyton Manning, Brees and Rivers>Brady IMO. I would rather have them if I were a manager and wanted a superbowl.
  14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    True. Like has been said though, no one considerers jay cutler elite anymore. At best everyone thinks he is an overpaid turnover machine. At this point the 49ers alex smith is less of a bust than CUTLER.
  15. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    He's my number 2!
  16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21
    I'm just saying he wouldn't even be in position if his defense took even the slightest step back. And this year is the perfect example, as was 2006 when they missed the playoffs after winning the Super Bowl.

1. P. Manning
    2. D. Brees
    3. T. Brady
    4. P. Rivers (hard not to put him at #2 right now)
    5. A. Rodgers
    6. M. Shaub
    7. T. Romo
    8. B. Favre
    9. B. Roethlisberger
    10. D. McNabb or C. Palmer...can't make up my mind. Also Kurt Warner is still playing pretty good.
  17. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0

I put rivers at 2 tied with brees but shaub and farve and rodgers ahead of romo and burger!

I put Mcnabb ahead of Romo 2 bc he is a good veteran with great potentil
  18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I heard it. He seriously must have a mancrush on big ben Hamburger!!! He's not that tough... just how a football player should be. Look at Rivers with his bad knee injuries in the past yet no one gives him the credit he deserves.
  19. IFiredCHart

Ratings Received:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    Take it from someone who had ACL surgery--a week after, and I still felt like I was standing on one leg.

Rivers is more than just an elite QB, he is a leader, gamer, and a straight-up baller.
  20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    Chief Sour Wind. :icon_tease: :icon_rofl:
  22. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    That is where I was stuck too...then I realized the Romo does not have a ring!
  23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,568 / 27 / -1
    Nobody thinks he's that good anymore so it's hard to call him overrated.
  24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21
    Romo gets his fair share of **** though, not always deserved.
    Eli still has a lot of doubters too.

I voted Big Ben because nobody ever mentions the fact that he's playing with the best defense in the league when he's winning....but when he's losing its the defenses' fault. Its hard to downplay 2 rings, but theres no doubt in my mind Rivers, Rodgers, Shaub, McNabb, Romo and even Eli could have 2 rings with that defense.
  25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Romo, easily. Never won ****.

At the very least, though thru no fault of his own, Eli does have a ring.
  26. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    I voted Romo too...but damn, he does seem to get some hot babes! Romo may be having the most fun as an NFL QB...maybe he gets credit for a different kind of scoring!
  27. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +827 / 22 / -1
    How does Kurt Warner get lumped in with Jay Cutler? :icon_shrug:

Warner has won a Super Bowl, played in two others, won the league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, has a career winning record, etc. Cutler has done NOTHING of note in the NFL, NOTHING. He went to one Pro Bowl that he didn't deserve, that's it. Yet TV guys still talk about him as a "franchise QB."
  28. NORV4LIFE

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    again not worst qb, just most overrated. He could be more overrated but still be alot better! Russel is worse than cutler but not more overrated bc everyone knows russel sucks and also thinks he does. No one is calling russel an elite qb....