1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MY latest mock!! 3-17-2010

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Mar 17, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    28) Ryan Mathews, RB. No-brainer. We definitely need a running game. With the re-signing of Ian Scott, doesn't look like we'll go NT in round 1
    40) Brandon Spikes, ILB. We need a leader on defense who can shut down the run game and make plays. Spikes is a smart, hard hitter and him and Merriman would make a great combo.
    89)Torrell Troup, NT. Extremely strong, explosive off the snap, hard worker, unselfish, can play NT and 3-4 DE. Need to get a NT
    92) Donavan Warren, CB We need a CB and if he is there, we should get him. Donavan Warren is a physical corner with great closing speed
    127) Danario Alexander, WR. We need more depth at receiver after loosing Osgood and Chambers. This guy is tall, fast, and runs like a RB with the ball.
    200) TE Michael Hoomanawanui - Blocking TE, to make up for losing Manumaleuna. Agree with matilack on this one
    211c) Jonathan Crompton, QB. Norv needs a new QB project and this guy has the build of an NFL QB and a great upside
    239) Eric Cook, C. Brother of NFLer Ryan Cook, Eric was an All-Mountain West first-teamer as a senior. Surrendered just one sack all year. We need a backup to Hardwick
    256c)Adrian Tracy, OLB In 47 career starts, Adrian Tracy had 62.5 TFL and 31 sacks at William & Mary. Couldn't hurt to add depth to LB

The biggest surprise would be Brandon Spikes at pick 40 but we need a leader on the defense for sure. We need a hard hitter too and a run stuffer and Brandon Spikes reminds me of a younger Ray Lewis.
    What do you think?
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'm not a Spikes fan, but I think Pat Angerer is this years Zach Thomas and I think we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round.
  3. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    what's wrong with Spikes?
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    For starters he ran a 5.10 40 at his pro day today.:icon_eek: That is TERRIBLE, so bad in fact I think he could fall to the mid/late 3rd round.

He had a great sophomore year collecting over 130 tackles, junior year it slipped to 87, senior year it fell to 52....so his production reduced dramatically.
  5. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 9 / -0
    oh i see. Maybe we'll grab Cody at 40 and Angerer, like you said, later on
  6. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    You heard Kiper and McShay's podcast eh? :icon_tease:
  7. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    28. Matthews... cool

40. Cam Thomas.. Im diggin this guy. Torrell Troup is good but, I like cam better.

I really like TE Michael Hoomanawanui! im all for gettin him too
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I think they nailed it, I had been leaning towards a Donnie Edwards/Paul Pasluszny comparison myself.

LT-Express and Buck started hyping Angerer during our 2 round mock draft a couple weeks ago so I had to look into him. Scouting reports rave about his cerebral game, and instincts for the positoin. He's not exactly intimidating physically, but he can cover a TE and cover most mid sized backs out of the backfield. I think he'd make a good future replacement for Stephen Cooper....who I hate.
  9. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I like you already :icon_toast:
  10. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    28) Dan Williams, NT
    40) Daryl Washington,OLB
    89)Ben Tate,RB
    92)A.J. Jefferson,CB
    127) Jamar Chaney,ILB
    200) LaGarrette Blount, RB
    211c) Daniel Te'o-Nesheim,DE
    239) Leigh Tiffin, K
    256c)Danario Alexander,WR
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Cam Thomas is a slug. One good Senior Bowl & people start humping his leg.

Go watch tape of UNC games. He ain't all that. If you want a possible NT from a Carolina school, look at Linval Joseph's teammate Jay Ross. Nothing spectacular, but he's way steadier than Thomas.
  12. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I like the look of that, however I just do not see 1) Dan Williams trickling down to us at 28, maybe we trade up for him? 2) Chaney slippin that far, plus Washington will play ILB (though his best fit would be a 4-3 team) in a 3-4 and I don't think we need to draft 2 ILB's within the first 5 rounds, Siler and Dobbins are showing they are the near future so 1 good young guy like Washington would suffice. 3) Blount, if AJ drafts Blount I will **** myself, he's the complete opposite of what AJ is looking for (character wise) right now. I wouldn't be sad if we did, cause I think the dude is probably the best true power back in the draft.
  13. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Quick Question:

How are you guys getting 9 picks?

I only thought we have 6? Or are you figuring in a trade or something?
  14. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    with respect...I'm not a huge fan of this mock to be honest

I'm not sold on Mathews yet...he has a history of injuries and was ridden hard in college. Ian Scott is by no means a starter at NT...we need a quality NT to be sucessful

While I like this pick, I think Spikes wil go earlier in the second round. I just feel like we have big needs that MUST be filled before we can just take the best player available
  15. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    If we went ILB at 40, the guy I like is Daryl Washington from TCU. Played OLB in a 4-3, but he'd be a great weakside guy in a 3-4, in my opinion.
  16. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I agree dude is a stud, if Sean Lee can stay healthy he's a bad man as well.
  17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Im thinking 5th. There are no 5.0 LB's on any NFL teams. Siler was a 7th and he ran in the 4.6's
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21

Its football, the only guys without injury history are the guys sitting on the sideline or the guys who've gotten lucky.

I agree with everything else you said though.
  19. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    after doin some research our draft might look like this
    28) Ryan Matthews, RB
    40) Terrence Cody,NT
    89) Jason Fox, OT
    127) Darryl Sharpton,ILB
    200) Charles Scott,RB
    211c) Stephen Williams,WR
    239) Leigh Tiffin, K

if theres one guy i KNOW WERE GONNA DRAFT ITS CHARLES SCOTT JUST BECAUSE HES FROM LSU
  20. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Not bad work. Unless we pick up Vasher we are definitely drafting a CB in the first 3 rounds (IMO). If we came outta the first & second with those two I would be a happy, happy camper!

Fox has high upside but recent injures are a concern.

Sharpton is nothing more than Beckwith was last year and he's still on our PS, IF Angerer falls to the 4th that would be the right ILB to take.

Scott is a good call because he's got beef and we all know AJ always drafts at least 1 LSU player, only thing is I see him drafting Scott IF we draft a Best/McKnight to compliment them. Mathews is a power back and we still have Hester as well as my boy Tolbert.

Williams is a great call, I like that kid.
  21. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    I GOT A NEW MOCK DRAFT BUT IT INVOLVES A TRADE LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK

ROUND 1, PICK 1 SAND DIEGO SELECTS, Ndamukong Suh, COLLEGE NEBRASKA, DT, SAN DIEGO HAS TRADED WITH THE ST.LOUIS RAMS FOR THE OVERALL NUMBER ONE PICK, BY GIVING THEM THE 28TH PICK, AND THE 92ND PICK IN THE 2010 DRAFT"

ROUND 1 PICK 11 SAN DIEGO SELECTS DAN WILLIAMS,NT, TENNESSEE "SAN DIEGO HAS TRADED DARREN SPROLES TO THE MIAMI DOLPHINS FOR THE 11TH PICK IN THE 2010 DRAFT , AND THE 74TH PICK IN THE 2010 DRAFT"

ROUND 2,PICK 40 SAN DIEGO, SELECTS,DARYL WASHINGTON ILB,TCU

ROUND 3,PICK 74 SAN DIEGO SELECTS,MAJOR WRIGHT,FS FLORIDA

ROUND 4,PICK 127 SAN DIEGO SELECTS,BEN TATE,RB,AUBURN

ROUND 5, PICK 200 SAN DIEGO SELECTS,MYRON LEWIS,CB,VANDERBILT

ROUND 5,PICK 211 SAN DIEGO SELECTS,JOIQUE BELL,RB,WAYNE ST

ROUND 6,PICK 239 SEN DIEGO SELECTS,Emmanuel Sanders,WR,SOUTHERN METHODIST

I KNOW ITS A OUT THERE DRAFT BUT DONT DOUBT AJ POWER,IF HE MANAGE THIS THIS WILL BE BETTER THAN THE DRAFT WHEN WE GOT MERRIMAN ,CASTILLO AND KAEDING,
    LETS HOPE AND PRAY THIS CAN HAPPEN,CHARGER FANS JUST THINK ABOUT THE NIGHTMARE FOR OTHER TEAM OFFENSES WHEN OUR DEFENSE HAS Ndamukong Suh, DAN WILLIAMS, CASTILLO,MERRIMAN,PHILLIPS,DARYL WASHINGTON"COOPER IS NOW 2ND STRING CUZ HE SUCKS IN MY EYES"JAMMER CASON, WEDDLE,ELLISON, OUR D WOULD BE NASTY,
  22. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    ^^ This could be the worst mock I have ever seen. Do you think opposing teams' GM's ride to work on the short bus and hop off wearing pro-tec helmets?? Seriously...
  23. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    nah i mean we could always sweeten the deal with some future picks, i mean aj could do anything through aj i trust
  24. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    :lol: Is AJ feeding the other GM's Pot brownies before the draft starts? "Out there" is an understatement.
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21

I consider myself pretty open minded about drafts.......but you should be embarrassed.:trout:
  26. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    ha i know its highly unlikely to happend, this mock is wht id like to see, and for suh i wouldnt mind trading our 28th pick,our 92nd pick, and a future 3rd pick, suh could turn our line around, and as far as dan williams, if we can get the dolphins 1st and 3rd for darren sproles, and a next year 5th, id be perfectly fine, wed have a starting DT one the other side of castillo named SUH with dan williams pluggin the middle, i truly believe if we push for them we could dramatically up grade our defense and have a great chance goin to the superbowl
  27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,448 / 19 / -4

This is so far out there its beyond the reaches of hte universe

It's an absurd mock draft, completely and utterly.
  28. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No offense but, aint happening......

I saw another mock today that shows Terrence cody and Ryan Matthews gone before 28th pick, But, It showed us with Jahvid Best at 28. I cool with that but, then the only other NT at 40 would be who?... Cam?
  29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I like Jahvid Best, but more in a complimentry role.

We DO NOT WANT him to be our feature back, he has such a slight frame that I'm not sure his body could take the pounding of 225+ touches a year and still be as fast in week 17 as he is in week 1.

If we take Best we need to trade Sproles.
  30. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    Alright since i put out my"wish list mock draft", ima be serious and put out the draft i think will really happen
    28) Taylor Mays,FS"i think houston will take ryan matthews,and cody will be there at 40"
    40) Terrence cody,NT"lets face it he'll be a solid starter to replace jamal"
    89) Ben Tate,RB" great runner,good vision with good speed"
    127) Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB"good linebacker great pressure"
    200) Myron Lewis,cb "tall athletic good cover ability"
    211c) Dexster Mccluster,rb" i think he'll be there,but its a slim chance"
    239) leigh tiffin kicker " at this point anybody better than kaeding the chocker"

i kno yall are gonna questoin my first round pick and the dexster mccluster pick, but both are reasonable and could happen