1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MY latest mock!! 3-17-2010

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Mar 17, 2010.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And with AJ Smith, anything can happen! :lol:
  2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    True that, but i think this can be the best over all draft we can have thats reasonable
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,448 / 19 / -4
    Ok I'll throw one out there

28. Terrance Cody NT Alabama
    I think he's going to be the pick, I think he fits what we need like a hand in a tailor made glove

40. Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State
    I think he's more likely to fall to that spot then Terrance Cody is

91. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
    Two words; Brandon Siler. Sound familiar?

127. Donovan Warren CB Michigan
    Unfinished but talented and fast. Will challenge everyone

200. Sam Young OT Notre Dame
    Time to work on him and could be either a RT or LT

211. Kade Weston NT Georgia
    Big, raw, unfinished. If we are moving Martin to DE, you'll need another young tackle to prepare to rotate with Cody

239. Stafon Johnson RB USC
    Worth the risk this late, could be a hell of a find if he's recovered

All I want from the first two rounds is a RB or a NT unless a doomsday scenario occurs where everyone's off the board before our 28th pick.
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Excellent Ant. 2 things though...

First, we actually have two 5th round picks, we only ended up losing a 6th (#197) for Travis Johnson. (Our picks: 28, 40, 91, 126, 159, 168, 235)
    Second, I'd like to see us draft a QB in round 6 or 7. I don't think Stafon Johnson has much of a future in the NFL.
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,448 / 19 / -4
    I think I had 200 & 211 as the two fifth rounders but I guess I goofed on hte numbers. Oh well. That would also definitely help some of hte projections. And while I agree about QB being a need I thought it better to acquire two RBs and get a QB in UFA. Considering the needs I'd almost prefer to grab a QB after the draft in order to use all my bullets for immediate needs
  6. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    yeah, it sounds familiar; only Spikes is waay slower. I know 40 times aren't everything, but a 5 second 40? Jesus. Chargers don't need another guy who can't drop back in coverage.

Warren is also far from fast. I know, I know. 40 times aren't everything, but his pro day was SLOWER than his combine. That **** never happens. I agree he'd be a round 4 steal, but the kid ain't fast.
  7. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Not bad but I REALLY think there is 0 chance Mathews falls to 40. Hell, he may not even fall to 28. Also, i'd rather have Jeff Owens over Weston and maybe throw in Bell as another RB in the 5th instead of Johnson in the 7th..

I like the Cody/Warren/Spikes picks though
  8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,448 / 19 / -4
    Juggernaught

I can't believe he plays that slow. Seriously. Siler was told he played slow as well but last I checked he plays pretty quick. Spikes isn't fast, and isn't hte greatest at coverage. But in a 3-4 you can hide some of his coverage limitations. And his blitzing, run stopping and intangibles are off the chart. I could see Spikes-Siler-Burnett-whomever as our ILB quartet for years to come.

And Jeff Owens is basically a more injury prone Ryon Bingham. Owens isn't big enough or forceful enough to be a NT. Weston has a far better chance
  9. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Jeff Owns is built more like BJ Raji to me. He's a beast at 6'1'' 310 and strong as an ox. Weston is 6'5'', it's rare to see a successful NT in the NFL at that height..Maybe at 5T but not at NT.
  10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    First of all, Siler didnt run a 5.02. He ran a 4.68...big difference and he dont play slow.
    Second, ...was there a team the gave up more receptions to the TE than us the past couple years? Yeah we arent hiding any ILB lack of coverage. They see it , and attack it.

I can see Spikes falling just like Siler did. IMO he wasnt any better than Siler but certainly is slower. Siler was a stud at Florida...if you ever saw him play while he was there.
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I got a new man crush guys!

Jamar Chaney ILB Mississippi State 6'1 245lbs, 4.53 40, projected....late 4th.

He runs like a saftey, extremely quick to react in coverage, excellent open field tackler. Was headed towards a top tier ILB prospect until he broke his leg in 2008. Perfect fit to replace Stephen Cooper.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, been talking about him some at the other forum. He had a solid senior bowl but i never saw him play prior to that.
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    He could be a little more physical, and durability is a concern, but the guy has range to rival that of Brian Urlacher in his prime. I'm envisioning a Donnie Edwards/Randall Godfrey type combination again with him and Siler.

My new mock....
    28) Ryan Mathews RB
    40) Terrance Cody NT
    49) Jared Veldheer RT (Aquired from 49ers, for Darren Sproles + future draft pick)
    91) Jamar Chaney ILB
    126) AJ Jefferson CB
    159) Charles Scott RB
    168) Michael Hoomanawanui TE
    235) John Skelton QB