1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

my new San diego charger mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Nov 27, 2011.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
  2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I like the picks except Creer and Criner..

I would try to trade for an extra pick here.. get and upgrade for Receiver.. like Floyd, Toon or Blackmon..
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    yea the last 2 picks, are assuming we make no trades, and take the best available player, Criner is a big receiver 6 ft 4, and he has had over a 1000 yard receiving season, and Creer he was a fill in, the last pick never really makes the team, if he does then we got lucky
  4. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    yeah I got you man.. I like big receivers as well.. but they can be brittle too..

I like Blackmon a lot.. i think he can fall late if we can get an early 2nd rounder..
  5. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    i like blackmon but i dont think trading up to get him would be worth it, we need to build our Defense, then address the WR position, WE have Vincent brown coming into his own, VJ who should get resigned, bryan walters could be a temporary fix for 1 year, i think if we do anything, we need to trade malcom floyd for a second round pick and get nick toon
  6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    No one's going to trade a 2nd round pick for injury-prone (yes, at this point when he's unable to make it through any full slate of 16 games in a season he's been on the active roster even once in his career, "injury prone" is an appropriate label), nearly-30 Malcom Floyd. Especially when he's not a speedster and that's what this draft class lacks.

Blackmon isn't going to get out of the Top 15, Dez Bryant's recent success alone will keep him there. He could go in the Top 5 depending on how many QB's and OT's declare.

If Te'o's the best player available when we pick then I'm fine with him being the pick, but his stock isn't going to get him inside o the Top 20 picks and right now we're going to be picking in the Top 15 minimum. Te'o has his flaws, not that they're not fixable, but he's not the uber "Next Willis" prospect that some people want to make him out to be.

If we wait until the 4th round to draft any OL, we're going to get Rivers killed next year and he would have a reasonable case to sue Spanos for unsafe working conditions for having to play behind Clary and Vasquez again.

And I'm sure I'll draw the ire of the several Miami fans on these boards, but Ray Ray is overrated as all get out.
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,447 / 19 / -4
    I don't like the idea of selecting an ILB in the first round especially since that is not as big of a priority as say OT/OLB. Armstrong has a police blotter the size of my leg, I really question his head. He reminds me of the old school U player, and that's not a compliment. Lewis I don't know enough about. Love the TE and the OT pick, good selections. I'd also note the Chargers could be in a great place if Te'o & maybe even Richardson are available at our pick. I have visions of the Bengals or Patriots (unlikely granted) trading their two first rounders to jump up to select the best RB in the draft.

I'll throw one out for the hell of it

1. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford - think he's best at RT and think the OT from Iowa will jump over because teams need a LT over a RT.
    2. Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia - has played out of place too long, has cost him but he has the talent
    3. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - I don't know how much Gates has in the tank but they need another TE to groom
    4. Winston Guy S Kentucky - like his tackling, like how he brings the wood, and he's solid in the middle of the field
    5. Ryan Steed CB Furham - Small school but very talented with a great make up
    Don't know enough about picks really beyond here
  8. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    very good draft, i like most of the picks.. The only reason i want Te'o in the first is because, we need a ILB, and spikes isnt gettin any younger, i just see Te'o as talent you dont wanna pass up. HE Could be the next type of ray lewis.
  9. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I really think we can address the OL position in free agency where as the position requires more experience.. Might cost more $$$ but if you want that separation to being an inconsistent team to being a consistent team you have to protect the QB.. Imagine if Rivers had the time Brady has in New England..

We get McNeill, Dielman (hopefully), Hardwick, Vasquez, and (anybody but Clary)

Here's some good OL free agents - Kareem McKenzie, Jared Gaither, Carl Nicks, Demetrius Bell, Trai Essex, and Max Starks, and a few others.. so I think we can find at least one upgrade from Clary..

I like Schilling, Moll, and Dombro as well..

So I think it would be best to put that $ in Free Agency.. but for sure draft an OL..
  10. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    My mock draft..

1. Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Bama
    2. TJ McDonald - S - USC
    3. Ryan Miller - OT - Colorado/Blake DeChristopher - OT - Virginia Tech
    3. Devin Taylor - DE - South Carolina (TRADE) - this kids a Lebron James frame, 6-7, 250, runs about a 4.7.. would love to have him on our side.. will be the steal of the draft IMO
    4. Audie Cole - ILB - NC State
    5. AJ Jenkins - WR - Illinois
    6. Drake Dunsmore - TE/FB - Northwestern
    7. Chris Rainey - RB/WR/KR/PR - Florida (Probably won't fall here)
  11. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    I also like Dont'a Hightower as well if we can get something for that pick at Upshaw (Probably around 13-16) but I wouldn't pass on the kid, freak of nature lol
  12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,447 / 19 / -4
    While I like Upshaw as a player, I don't know if he is worth a top 15 pick which is where we are increasingly likely to end up. If that's the case either trade back and target upshaw and others OR take someone from another position. McDonald is good, Taylor I don't know where I'd play him and Miller isn't powerful enough to be a tackle
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    The VT homer in me likes the DeChristopher pick, but I think he may well fall lower than the 3rd.
  14. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3
    Taylor is an athlete and a half.. I was watching more tape on him and he was making tackles left and right, applying pressure to the QB and even if he didn't make the tackle he was still around the ball getting on top of the pile, he would be a really good pick I think..

Thats why I said either Miller or DeChristopher.. I meant Miller as a G.. to light some fire under Vasquez's ***.. I want Kareem McKenzie in free agency at that RT position.. highly unlikely though but I'm praying Mike Adams (OSU) lands to our 3rd rounder..
  15. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +512 / 13 / -3

wow lol.. Hightowers a beast.. but I still like Upshaw.. Devin Taylor as well.. guy is just ridic look him up on youtube they'll show you his positives and negatives..
  16. charger1993

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    I feel like we need to rebuild our D. thats why i said ILB First, A smart MLB paired with Butler could turn into dangerous situation in San diego. but ive been thinking tell me how yall like this

1.Courtney Upshaw Olb Alabama
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632220/courtney-upshaw
    2.Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664166/stephon-gilmore
    3. Levy Adcock OT Oklahoma State
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754845/levy-adcock
    4. Emmanuel Acho ILB Texas
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1692671/emmanuel-acho
    5. Rhett Ellison TE South California
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1244464/rhett-ellison
    6. Greg Childs WR Arkansas
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632227/greg-childs