1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My view of San Diego

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by patsfanfromwoosta, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsfanfromwoosta

patsfanfromwoosta BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now you're getting personal. Making fun of the way we talk, wow! Having an accent is part of the culture and history that makes Boston great. People from San Diego could never understand that.

First of all I must admit that San Diego is a nice town, I have spent a good amount of time there. But to compare it to Boston is just stupid. San Diego has great weather and great beaches, but it's not a real city. It has no culture or personality.
    For example:
    - Your entire downtown area (The Gaslamp) is about 8 blocks long. The bars are sub-par and the restaurants are average at best. Boston has 20 different "Gaslamps" throughout the city. There is no comparing the bar scene and restaurants in the two cities. You do have good sushi.
    - Your "Little Italy" is pathetic. I'm surprised there isn't Olive Garden or Sbarro's there. If you want real Italian food come to the North End. It's where I live, so after the game this weekend you can stop by and I'll get you a real meal. It will make you feel better.
    - Your Irish pubs are places like Hennessy's. Come to South Boston and go to a true Irish Pub.
    - San Diego is the modern day example of urban sprawl at work. It's basically a big town. There is no downtown and there is no true public transportation. The only people I ever saw on the train were people heading back across the border from downtown. How can a city not have some type of subway system? Why doesn't yours go to PB, OB, or La Jolla? It's useless.
    - Petco is great, but let's not get silly and compare it to Fenway.
    - The Union-Tribune is a joke of a paper.
    - I couldn't find a slice of pizza for the life of me. I've taken the advice of multiple locals and there best selection was Bronx Pizza up in butt-land. It was mediocre.
    - Well I'm sure you're all excited for dollar tacos and 2 dollar beers at PB Bar and Grill tonight so I won't take anymore of your time.

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    And who gives a rats *** what you think!

If you dont like it, then haul *** bub!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    we have a better football team :)

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8
    Wow, right now its a brisk 70 degrees here. I may have to put on long pants... Whats it like there in your 'New England'?

No history? You need to spend more time here. Cause you dont know what the hell yer babalin about.

• Like Like x 1
  5. patsfanfromwoosta

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh sorry i forgot, Old Town is full of history. Especially if your searching for a San Diego key chain.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8
    You myopic view of our town shows that you have not spent half as much time here as you think. If you feel old town San Diego is the only history in the town, well stay in your lovely lil Boston suberb and feel all self important, because your ignorance is laughable.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    So wtf is Boston famous for these days ?

1. The infamous "Tea Party".....hey the gay community from San Francisco and Hillcrest are polishing their knobs in anticipation of your arrival.

2. Beans - we have frijoles and they kick *** on any beans from Boston. I am part "******" so I should know. Oh and Smell my farts

3. Your coach likes to fuc married women with kids.

4. Brady turned pusssy and he also lost out on the ProBowl.

5. Isn't tampex and tampons made in Boston?

*Comparing Boston to San Diego is like comparing a ruptured hemmorroid to the best ******** of your life.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8
    :icon_rofl: You sound just like a steaming pile of Raiders fan now! :icon_rofl:

How soon you forget the history of your own club.... Tell me until recently how many rings did your door mat of a team have? Live in the past buddy, Bolt fans are lookin towards the future...

What a goof...:tdown:

This guy is probably a bandwagoner... He is with his team while they are winning and have 'their ringz' but when they hit the lean years (which is starting now) he will be off to the next team getting their 'ringz'. So dude, you better wise up, cause you will be buying Bolt Jerseys with a big 17 on them soon!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 39 / -8
    :icon_eek: Ahhh I dont even want to know how you would know where the comparison lies..... :icon_eek:

:icon_rofl:

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 12 / -5
    This is about what I expected from someone who lives in the shadow of NYC.

LA & San Fran Lives in OUR shadow.

BTW, how's that "big dig" project going?

• Like Like x 1
  11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,607 / 29 / -1
    talking smak on the city?

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Well said T...:lol:

I can't wait tlll sunday :abq2:

13. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Man these folks are jealous

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Do you think they are also a little disturbed that we don’t care what they say?

And now that they have nothing, and cannot get any grammar smack going. They have had to drop down to lowest form of smack, and they are trying to smack down "America's Finest City", what’s next television and radio stations? :icon_shrug:

15. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    You forgot Teddy Kennedy .... who drowns chicks to get out of a date.

Is this the best smack he's got? Bashing the city? Too bad he can't focus on Marty's 2-0 record vs. Belichick, or LT running through the Pats defense for 2 TD's in each of the last two meetings.

16. patsfanfromwoosta

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could care less about Marty and BB's head to head record, they've only played each other 5 times. Its only 3-2 in favor of Marty. If they played each other 20 times I would respect that stat, but not after 5 games. It's not even a lopsided stat.

As far as LT, that is a big deal. He's amazing, probably the best offensive player in the nfl and he has a proven track record of success against us. But I think we will come up with something to slow him down enough to outscore you guys. Rivers is not ready to win in the playoffs yet. We have a proven record of exposing young qb's and this week will not be any different.

If stats and history are important, than how can you ignore the 3 super bowls? The Pats play big when they have to.

17. patsfanfromwoosta

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying that you wouldn't want to fuc a married woman? Weird.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Recent history .... beotch.

How'd your last AFC Divisional playoff game turn out? On the road vs. the Donkeys, you got beat by two TD's.

The Pats have lost their last three games to Denver.

San Diego has WON their last two games vs. Denver.

SD has the advantage in EVERY category in this game. You Patsies only have genie magic and trophy polish. Enjoy the offseason ..... it will be here on Sunday for the Patsies.

19. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    Not if she's married:tdown: :tdown:

who Cares what this S.O.B says????

20. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 1 / -0
    Id fuc yours. :yes:

21. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Take a number. She's doing the whole forum.

22. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    She's even flying out to the UK to see me;) ;)

23. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Feelin' the love.:lol:

Spent time in New England. What's up with the freeway entrance ramps? You have about 50' to get up to the speed of traffic from a standing stop.:tdown:

The pasta was great. The seafood was almost great. Bob's Clam Shack in Kittery, Maine has the best Clam Chowder on the planet.:tup:

The weather sucks. Period.:tdown:

The people are fair weather. As soon as the first snowfall, everyone goes to the stores to "stock up" on supplies. Let me tell ya, it was brutal. Went into the store, after realizing nobody I had encountered over the past few months had been very civilized, and tried to see how many people I could get a smile out of. Not one!:icon_shrug:

I did witness a couple of quality marital disputes which made me laugh.:icon_rofl:

No open space. There are a couple of little areas, but no true open space.:tdown:

No geographic diversity. Trees, Hills, Grumpy people, and bitter cold.

SD is not a "Cultural Mecca" because we spend our time outdoors. Ever try to surf Glouster? We would also read old books and collect paintings if we were freezing our arses off 6 mo out of the year.

As for the urban sprawl? If all these damn east coast tourists would go home, we could get rid of the sprawl.:tup:

If you are ever in town and care to challenge our avaiability of quality Italian, drop by La Fontana in Poway. I would recommend the Pistachio Tortellini with Chickenbreast and a bottle of San Simeon Merlot. Other option is the chef's choice of the day. Never had a dish I didn't like.

As for your little visit to The Murph, can you say "Jail Sex"?:icon_rofl:

:abq2:

24. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could remember the name of the place, but there is a little cafe in Morro Bay (just N. of San Luis Obispo) that has the best damn clam chowder. It's WAY better than any East Coast soup I've tasted.

25. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    C'mon. Put on the thinking cap. Take somemore Atzhiemers medicine, something!

I love me some chowda.:tup:

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    Because you didnt play the Chargers in those super bowls, everyone knows the NFC is weak, heck even Houston could win the super bowl, they just cant get there in the AFC.

27. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    You know so little about San Diego, it's pathetic. Please continue to visit SD often as we love to take your tourist dollars then send you packing when you're tapped out. :lol:

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    TOURIST GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved that bumper sticker

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    :tup: :tup: :tup:

Thread Status: