1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New VBulletin

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by -Scar-, May 7, 2008.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Looks Nice...Not Sure If You Have To Pay For It Or Not But It Has Alot Of New Features....Chatbox, Friends, Thread Tags, Etc....

I Say Y'all Should Check It Out...:tup:

:cool:
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Version 3.7.0 of vBulletin was just recently released. There was a security flaw with the initial release. It's been fixed now, but I ussually like to wait a while before installing any major revision.

As far as those features (Chatbox, Friends, etc.), those are add on hacks. We have several hacks installed here, however I can say that it's not likely that we'll ever add a chat box. The server load is just to high and would slow the whole site to a crawl. It's better used on sites with fewer members, or sites that have the money to spend on a very high end server solution.

We are planning a migration to a faster server near the end of this month. Getting set up with a faster, more reliable server is our main priority with this upgrade, but we will also evaluate the site at that time and there will probably be some changes.

Stay tuned for more info as we develop our upgrade plan.
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    :tup: :icon_toast:
  4. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Ay...No Complaint From ME At All Bro...I Just Brought This Up Because On The Site I MOD At I Seen The Chatbox Feature Is Real Popular...And Then Another Site I Just Post On, They've Added This Whole Feature To Where The Profiles have Their Own Facebook Type Of Thing Setup...

I Dont Know Much About The Internet And Really Im Only A Mod Because I Keep The NFL Section Updated Regularly...Other Than That I Know Nothing About How It Works :shrug:

Nonetheless Let Me Assure I Have NO PROBLEM With The Way Things Are Now:tup:..Just Figured I'd Make A Suggestion.......

:cool:
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Your suggestions are appreciated. We may look into those options further in the future. It's just that right now our priority is to improve the speed of this site by getting it moved onto a better server.
  6. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0

Ahhhhh...

I See You Decided To Add The Facebook Option....

:cool::tup:
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    yep. :tup:

We also accomplished our primary goal of getting the forum onto a faster, more reliable server.